The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3760
Original post by joemullally
Also if your name doesn't start with a J or you're a full nationality (not like half and half like myself) then Leeds hate you, They reckon more genetic combinations mean that applicants with a heterozygous advantage are more likely to be better doctors.

and unless you have eaten a fully grown 7 year old then there's no point in applying to glasgow.

and don't even think about barts unless you've preformed an emergency tracheotomy on a leprechaun.

I know what you mean about the ****ter thing, the more I rejigged mine the worse it felt,
Then I re-read it and compared it to an earlier version (like three or four drafts before) and realised I did the right thing.

Every day you work on it is another day you get older, and therefore wiser.
So if you leave it late, it'l be better? (optimistic thoughts?)

Also, my gap year so far, missing my friends, missing my ex, basically this.

Pound a pint tonight should fix it? With some friends from college, As's who wern't dicks from last year. (including my crazy chinese friend, he's actually the best mental out of asia ever.)

Best leave Barts to the Irish then, we've had plenty of practise at that! :wink: I find a fine straw works best myself :cool:
Reply 3761
I'm so glad the UKCAT is out of the way :biggrin:

Verbal Reasoning - 780
Quantative Reasoning - 780
Abstract Reasoning - 670
Decision Analysis - 560

Average 697.5

I'm really annoyed that DA pulled my average down below 700 because the rest of my application isn't great (resitting A-level modules, dont have a med-related gap year plan), so i was hoping 700+ would balance that out just a little bit.

if anyone was interested, I got 687.5 last year, so it went up, but not by any considerable amount.

I'm seeing my former form teacher (how weird does that sound) tomorrow so she can do a reference for me, and i'll be job-hunting too - throwing my shiny CV in peoples faces :colone: In a perfect world i'll have sumitted my UCAS and gotten a job by the weekend :cool:
Reply 3762
Original post by atomos
so annoyed.
just did the ukcat practice test but couldnt be bothered doing DA cos my tea was ready so i clicked end exam, rather than going through all the questions and clicking 'end review', so it completely closed and i never found out if my answers were right. fml.

I did that too :rolleyes: It's so hard to concentrate fully in practice exams

Oh well, at least it's done and dusted now. Next up, PS :eek:
Original post by laurenl93
No but like, i look at it and when im about to get rid of something something flashes in my mind that goes AH **** IF I GET RID OF THAT THEN I WILL BE LOSING SHOWING I HAVE "X" SKILL AND THEN ILL FAIL

And literally just. oednfdsioufdsjkjs.

However i keep getting soo excited about applying for UCAS again because i feel like i know soo much more this time round and i like all the unis im applying to
yes, thats right, i know all the unis im applying to. :eek:

Not applying to st andrews eventhough i kinda wanna </3
Still as heartbroken as i was when i saw the 'unsuccessful'. And just as heartbroken further as when they said it was my UKCAT's fault when the reason i chose to apply to them was their supposed 4% weighing of ukcat. bad times.

Where are you applying love? lancaster right?
IF WE BOTH GET INTERVIEWS (:crossedf:)
AND THEY'RE ON THE SAME DAY (:crossedf:)
we should party hard in lancaster :sexface:

and same to anyone else on this thread who i like and isnt an old man (Joe being the exception) and is applying to Lancaster :woo:

first i just need to get this damn PS done...

Thats exactly what I'm like :/ Need to have absolutely everything done by friday D: I keep going through my ucas form double-triple-quadruple checking that everything is EXACTLY right - i checked last years one and it turned out i put two wrong course codes in cause my science in society teacher was an idiot and didn't know her own course codes!

I don't know what I'll do if St. Andrews reject me again... It's 10% this year I think :frown:

That I am :biggrin: and hell yeah! :dance: Also appying to St. Andrews :love: I'm too in love to give it up :tongue: Also Lancaster Cardiff and either Aberdeen or Glasgow ukcat dependant... so i think :thumbsup::thumbsup:i know which ones going on! - So Lancaster and Aberdeen same yeah? :dance:

Right! I am now on a mission to finish my ps! 304 Characters to go.. lets do this!
Original post by joemullally
Shameless self plug, tut tut tut :P.

I wonder how many people I could troll on youtube by going, You need maths to A2 though :P
You know what the youtube lot are usually like.

No need to be like that. It's not a self plug, I don't make any money out of this. I am bored and just wanted something to do.

Have fun being a troll :smile:
Reply 3765
Original post by -Taz-
I'm so glad the UKCAT is out of the way :biggrin:

Verbal Reasoning - 780
Quantative Reasoning - 780
Abstract Reasoning - 670
Decision Analysis - 560

Average 697.5

I'm really annoyed that DA pulled my average down below 700 because the rest of my application isn't great (resitting A-level modules, dont have a med-related gap year plan), so i was hoping 700+ would balance that out just a little bit.

if anyone was interested, I got 687.5 last year, so it went up, but not by any considerable amount.

I'm seeing my former form teacher (how weird does that sound) tomorrow so she can do a reference for me, and i'll be job-hunting too - throwing my shiny CV in peoples faces :colone: In a perfect world i'll have sumitted my UCAS and gotten a job by the weekend :cool:

Yayy, well done on UKCAT :smile:

Haha, you say that in a sarcastic way, but how good would it feel if you actually had done everything haha.

Original post by Madderroo
No need to be like that. It's not a self plug, I don't make any money out of this. I am bored and just wanted something to do.

Have fun being a troll :smile:

I don't think he was serious hun :smile:

EDIT: Damn, just realised that sounded SOO patronising. I didn't mean to be :biggrin:
Reply 3766
Original post by twelve
Yayy, well done on UKCAT :smile:

Haha, you say that in a sarcastic way, but how good would it feel if you actually had done everything haha.

Yeah, it would be brilliant :crossedf: Heck, if i can even get one of the two done i'll he a happy bunny :grin:
Well, I have finally decided where to apply this year don't think I will change.. and only one of them cares about the UKCAT but I still hope to improve on last years score..

Hope you are all well :P
Original post by areyousure?
Well, I have finally decided where to apply this year don't think I will change.. and only one of them cares about the UKCAT but I still hope to improve on last years score..

Hope you are all well :P

i have 4125 characters in my personal statement so getting pretty well :wink:

Oooh where you applying then? See if they're any of the same of mine :h:

Saw one of your vids yesterday, congrats on getting 2 offers!:biggrin:
i have 4125 characters in my personal statement so getting pretty well :wink:

Oooh where you applying then? See if they're any of the same of mine :h:

Applying to Lancaster (like you I think :P), Liverpool, Peninsula and Southampton !

Not applying to st andrews eventhough i kinda wanna </3
Still as heartbroken as i was when i saw the 'unsuccessful'. And just as heartbroken further as when they said it was my UKCAT's fault when the reason i chose to apply to them was their supposed 4% weighing of ukcat. bad times.

Apply to St.Andrews! They did the same thing to me but I am still reapplying, sub in instead of Aberdeen :cool:
Reply 3773

Didn't you post this link yesterday? :s-smilie:
Applying to Lancaster (like you I think :P), Liverpool, Peninsula and Southampton !

I'm applying to liverpool and lancaster too :wink:
Being **** at VR turns out not to be too bad considering i like both those places and i quirte like my PS. however i'm still unsure of the scouser accent. i'm scared of becoming a geordie scouser D:
Original post by baztech
Apply to St.Andrews! They did the same thing to me but I am still reapplying, sub in instead of Aberdeen :cool:

You know what i just realised. Aberdeen can quite as easily reject me due to ukcat like st andrews last year since their weighing of things is pretty much the same.
AH FML MAN
I'm applying to liverpool and lancaster too :wink:
Being **** at VR turns out not to be too bad considering i like both those places and i quirte like my PS. however i'm still unsure of the scouser accent. i'm scared of becoming a geordie scouser D:

ahahaa a geordie scouser :P well chances are you wont get the accent :P well lets hope we get interviews and they are on the same dayy and we can start the reapplicants party :P

St Andrews in much nicer than Aberdeen, so go for it :P and surely they will appreciate you trying again :P Their feedback letter welcomed you to reapply, if I remember well :P
ukcat tomorrow, panicking, waaaaah
if you have to choose between st andrews and aberdeen by the way, go for aberdeen, st andrews is nice and all but kinda boring (the actual place i mean)
ahahaa a geordie scouser :P well chances are you wont get the accent :P well lets hope we get interviews and they are on the same dayy and we can start the reapplicants party :P

St Andrews in much nicer than Aberdeen, so go for it :P and surely they will appreciate you trying again :P Their feedback letter welcomed you to reapply, if I remember well :P

Their feedback letter was also oh so kind to tell me that im 'welcome to reapply' however my ukcat is unlikely to increase and therefore they 'cannot predict how highly the ukcat scores of next years applicants will increase in comparison to this years which made me not get the offer'

therefore, you're ukcat is **** so accept it.
i dunno. i like the idea tha i get to buy a big coat for snow in aberdeen :/ lmao!

... btw im not joking about this partying at lancaster or liverpool... lancaster is more likely as they only have like 5 interview days :O
Did anyone apply to Liverpool last year and got rejected after interview (like moi) ?

Lots of people seem to be applying there this year, what are people's opinions; do you think med schools will have more or less applicants this year?

also....my personal statement is ruining my life, just thought i would tell you all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending