The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I heard if you're doing above 175mph, you're going too fast for the camera to take an accurate picture :p:
Reply 2
Original post by Greg.
I heard if you're doing above 175mph, you're going too fast for the camera to take an accurate picture :p:

Yeah that was on Top Gear right? Unfortunately, I wasn't going that fast
You always get double flashed. It takes two pictures, one when you cross the first of the lines and another when you cross the last of the lines, if you haven't slowed down between the two, that's when they fine you... if they can be bothered.
Reply 4
There also might not be any film in the camera.

No one can tell you you won't be fined/given points. Just wait and see what happens.
Reply 5
Yeah I've had it several times without receiving a fine - the old ones run on chemical film and they quite often leave the box flashing at people with no film left in it.

OTOH I have had it once where it resulted in a fine too.
I got flashed twice once and nothing come of it. I fell for the old some cameras of read one way
Reply 7
Original post by DOAADI

No one can tell you you won't be fined/given points. Just wait and see what happens.

Original post by Joinedup
Yeah I've had it several times without receiving a fine - the old ones run on chemical film and they quite often leave the box flashing at people with no film left in it.

OTOH I have had it once where it resulted in a fine too.

Original post by Left Hand Drive
I got flashed twice once and nothing come of it. I fell for the old some cameras of read one way

Ah, thanks for that. It makes me feel a lot better that there's a chance I could get away with it. I should also probably drive slower even if it is 4 am and no one's on the motorway around me... Although the new proposed limit would have let me off!
if there where no lines in the road its unenforceable
and if they take 2 weeks to tell you its unenforceable
Reply 9
Original post by DOAADI

Original post by Miyavi
If you are double flashed, does that mean you will DEFINITELY be checked out by whichever department deals with speeding ?

Original post by Boristhethird
if there where no lines in the road its unenforceable

What Boris and DOADDI said.

Sometimes there is no film left in the camera.

Sometimes they take longer than 14 days to send out the NIP.

Sometimes there are other technicalities on which you can get off.
Reply 10
I got flashed on the link twice I wasn't even going too fast on 30 mph I was doing about 35 I got flashed once then I slowed down got flashed again I'm dreading it don't know what to do
Reply 11
Original post by Boristhethird

Not necessarily. There are supposed to send out the NIP so that you receive it within 14 days, but if you have moved and it takes longer to reach you, that doesn't count. Likewise if Royal Mail are on strike, or you have just bought the car and paperwork hasn't caught up yet, no dice.

If they have clearly posted it after the 14 days and all paperwork is up to date, then you can contest it.

Original post by Shain
I got flashed on the link twice I wasn't even going too fast on 30mph I was doing about 35

That is too fast. If you are caught speeding by two consecutive cameras, you can argue that it is the same offence and may only get fined the once (and get the one set of points). I don't think it is guaranteed though.
(edited 8 years ago)
I've been flashed by one and never got a fine through. Also saw a driver at the Dartford Crossing, their stupid barrier system went orange and he went through and got flashed, which is stupid because its not illegal to go through a yellow...
So if I was flashed 2 time it does not mean I will get a ticket, because I was the only car on the road.????
Original post by I Aldridge
So if I was flashed 2 time it does not mean I will get a ticket, because I was the only car on the road.????

This thread is from 2011. Please check thread dates before posting in future.

Just because it flashed twice, doesn't mean you're not getting the ticket. You've got up to 14 days to find out whether or not you've got it. Bottom line is don't speed.

Thread closed.

Latest

Trending

Trending