The Student Room Group

Is this a good LNAT score?

[FONT="Fixedsys"]Hi.
Basically, I would love to study law at Oxford (it's a HUGE dream of mine), and so I participated in an LNAT exam under the conditions (as a practice, held by my school!). I got my results back, and I received 38/42. My head-teacher said that Oxford wouldn't take me with that result :frown:, but I wasn't sure. Please help :biggrin:
Thanks guys.
Payson.

Scroll to see replies

This is surely a troll...?

In case it isn't, last year, the highest score on the test was apparently 34/42, from an Oxford candidate. Your head-teacher must not know much about the LNAT :smile:
Reply 2
Troll. Surely if you're clever enough to get 38/42 you would be clever enough to do your own research and realise that the average LNAT score last year was 17..
Yeah, but I thought, how could the possible responses be amusing at all...? Still, you are probably right :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Thegoodleftundone
This is surely a troll...?

In case it isn't, last year, the highest score on the test was apparently 34/42, from an Oxford candidate.

How did you find out that that was the highest score?
It's been mentioned a few times in threads around here. Hence "apparently". :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Thegoodleftundone
Yeah, but I thought, how could the possible responses be amusing at all...? Still, you are probably right :smile:

Maybe troll's the wrong word, she's probably just trying to get attention :smile: If not she's a genius
Original post by Irwin

Original post by Irwin
How did you find out that that was the highest score?

It says so on the Oxford website, they have few other stats there too about last years results but Im struggling to find the link
Reply 8
The highest Oxford score was 34/42, mean and median was 19 and 557 applicants scored 20+

Source: http://www.keble.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/admissions-feedback/law
Reply 9
Original post by Alice...:)
Troll. Surely if you're clever enough to get 38/42 you would be clever enough to do your own research and realise that the average LNAT score last year was 17..

It's not that I wasn't clever enough to do my own research, it's just that I've been very busy studying. So I thought I'd take two seconds out and use my TSR account. Incidentally, thanks for the 'charming' replies, but I didn't know if that constituted a good result. After all, it is Oxford, and you can never be too careful. Additionally, what is a 'troll'? I assume you don't mean the small toys with the huge hair. :tongue:
Reply 10
Did you actually get 38/42? Was it a real practice paper from the LNAT website? That is a ridiculously high score so I am slightly skeptical. Also, your headteacher must be pretty ignorant not to realise that 38/42 is probably the best LNAT score ever...
Original post by Grenville
Did you actually get 38/42? Was it a real practice paper from the LNAT website? That is a ridiculously high score so I am slightly skeptical. Also, your headteacher must be pretty ignorant not to realise that 38/42 is probably the best LNAT score ever...

Thank you and yes, it was practice paper 1 from the website, I checked after the exam:wink: My head-teacher also informed me that I will not be backed by the school in my application to Oxford. Apparently, as a result of my mediocre GCSEs, I'm not Oxford material:frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
It's cute that you actually signed your post as Payson. <3
Yep. Make It or Break It addict.
Reply 14
Original post by Payson.Keeler.
Thank you and yes, it was practice paper 1 from the website, I checked after the exam:wink: My head-teacher also informed me that I will not be backed by the school in my application to Oxford. Apparently, as a result of my mediocre GCSEs, I'm not Oxford material:frown:

Something tells me you're going to apply anyhow :smile:

Oxford is not going to ignore you with a score of 38. They might wonder what your HT has against you, but that won't stop them giving you an interview. The combination of duff GCSE's (how duff? what sort of school?), brilliant LNAT and snippy reference will probably intrigue them.
Original post by Irwin
Something tells me you're going to apply anyhow :smile:

Oxford is not going to ignore you with a score of 38. They might wonder what your HT has against you, but that won't stop them giving you an interview. The combination of duff GCSE's (how duff? what sort of school?), brilliant LNAT and snippy reference will probably intrigue them.

I attend a state school, and received 2 A*s and the rest Bs. Thanks. I'm going to apply anyway, as the under dog :wink: :smile:
Reply 16
I attend a state school, and received 2 A*s and the rest Bs. Thanks. I'm going to apply anyway, as the under dog :wink: :smile:

You do realise you've missed the deadline for 2012 entry though...?
You do realise you've missed the deadline for 2012 entry though...?

I'm 2013 entry :smile: just very organised. :wink:
Reply 18
I'm 2013 entry :smile: just very organised. :wink:

But you've already done AS levels?! Are you taking a gap year?
But you've already done AS levels?! Are you taking a gap year?

My school made me do them :wink: No, I'm just watching in on the AS classes for a year (this year) which kind of sucks, as I got As in all of them, and then I'll sit A2 next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending