The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ily_em
If you've got till the 8th Dec, skim through the book and photocopy the pages you need?

Good shout, though I realistically need all of them. Novel init..
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1801
Haha, maybe not the best time to ask this question after rockrunrides annoyance. But if you recall a book, do they email you and let you know when it's been returned? Or do you have to keep trekking into the library to check?

I'm only in London for two days so I need to know the book I want is there at that time. It's either that or get it as a three hour loan, which sucks for obvious reasons, or as a two day one and come back to London sooner/rack up a fine.
Reply 1802
Is there an exam timetable somewhere? I'm bound to sit one exam this term and I don't know when it'll take time :erm:

Anyway, isn't it really strange that another exam of mine for the subject taught in term 1 solely will take time in the summer term? I'll forget everything by the time!
Original post by Ivanka
Is there an exam timetable somewhere? I'm bound to sit one exam this term and I don't know when it'll take time :erm:

Anyway, isn't it really strange that another exam of mine for the subject taught in term 1 solely will take time in the summer term? I'll forget everything by the time!

If it's this term, then you'll just get told in lectures/tutorials when it is. They're normally done in lectures/tutorials, but this could vary for different modules. Official exam timetables published by the uni are only released for the Summer Term.

Loads of 0.5 units get taught in either 1st or 2nd term, and it's very normal to have the exam in 3rd term I'm afraid =[
Reply 1804
Does anyone know if there's another autistic UCLer (who's not Ivanka or me) in this thread? I went to see my autism mentor person on Wednesday, and apparently someone's been asking if she sees someone who does maths with modern languages, so I'm pretty sure someone's seen me on TSR and is trying to find me in real life :awesome: Honestly, inbox messages exist for a reason :tongue:

Original post by Ivanka

Welcome to my entire degree :wink:

Original post by dirtyoldriver
Just do it, along with £1 drinks at the union it's the cheapest night out you'll get in London as far as I can tell.

QueerlyOut in Soho - obviously a gay bar, but about £3 to get in, 99p a shot, and the shots are bigger than regular ones. Plus it has the massive advantage of not being Moonie's :awesome:
Reply 1805
Original post by kerily
Welcome to my entire degree :wink:

:awesome:

Anyway, are you you going to the meeting in December Juliet emailed me/us (?) about? Initially, I told her I have a lesson, however, I've rethought that and will probably skip it because I'd like to see the others :colondollar:
Can someone describe moonies please?

I used to go Walkabout on Wednesdays when I was at king's because all students were there. Don't know where ucl students hang out.
Reply 1807
Original post by Ivanka
:awesome:

Anyway, are you you going to the meeting in December Juliet emailed me/us (?) about? Initially, I told her I have a lesson, however, I've rethought that and will probably skip it because I'd like to see the others :colondollar:

I am, I am!

Apparently quite a few people have been too antisocial to come :teehee: You run the risk of that with an AS meeting, I guess...

I've heard there'll be food, so I'm there :colone:
Original post by destination unknown
Can someone describe moonies please?

I used to go Walkabout on Wednesdays when I was at king's because all students were there. Don't know where ucl students hang out.

Grotty little dive that UCL students go to on Mondays for £1.50 entry and £1.50 paint stripper "vodka". Only respectable in that people you know will probably go there.

On Wednesdays the only UCL students at Moonies will be the ones that couldn't get into the Roxy..

Also a few friends I have from King's tell me that Walkabout shuts at 1, what is that all about?!?!

Second also, ULU shuts at 11 on a Wednesday. Diabolical.
(edited 12 years ago)
Did anyone go to the medics comedy show tonight? Made a TSR reference :colone:
Reply 1810
Original post by rockrunride

Imperial's union shuts at 11 on weekdays if I remember correctly. Can't say I'm too surprised. :wink: In all fairness though, their union is pretty damn nice. Much better than 25 Gordon Square and that new one, which is no replacement for Huntley St! =/
Original post by rockrunride
Grotty little dive that UCL students go to on Mondays for £1.50 entry and £1.50 paint stripper "vodka". Only respectable in that people you know will probably go there.

On Wednesdays the only UCL students at Moonies will be the ones that couldn't get into the Roxy..

Also a few friends I have from King's tell me that Walkabout shuts at 1, what is that all about?!?!

So basically you recommend Moonies on Monday and Roxy on Wednesday? Is it hard to get in if you're well hammered before?

Believe me, 1AM is way enough when you started drinking cheaply from 8pm in the union bar which is 2min walk from walkabout. Anw, usually after walkabout shuts, the few brave students capable of walking always went to los locos (covent garden).
Original post by destination unknown
So basically you recommend Moonies on Monday and Roxy on Wednesday? Is it hard to get in if you're well hammered before?

Believe me, 1AM is way enough when you started drinking cheaply from 8pm in the union bar which is 2min walk from walkabout. Anw, usually after walkabout shuts, the few brave students capable of walking always went to los locos (covent garden).

Hard if you're legless, easy if you're just merrily drunk.

Still never been to Locos despite having lived here for three years now, one day!
Reply 1813
Moodle uploaded. Sitting my very first university exam on 12th December at 10 am. And no, I'm not copying my Facebook status :ninja:
Reply 1814
have any of you lot got an offer from UCL for chemistry with maths
Reply 1815
With current phonetics workload, I'm tempted to feel like high school was a joke.
I'm pretty surprised at the disparity between workloads. I've actually been complaining because I don't feel like I have enough :emo:

Saying that, there is a lot of reading which doesn't really get done, but it doesn't feel like real work.
Reply 1817
Original post by Noodlzzz
Did anyone go to the medics comedy show tonight? Made a TSR reference :colone:

They did? :eek:

Now I'm here, I live in fear of someone recognising me in real life from my TSR profile :tongue:

Does anyone know if any lectures are happening tomorrow, despite the strike? I'm obviously striking, but I want to know what I'll need to catch up on. (Broad question, I know :tongue:)
Reply 1818
Original post by kerily

Now I'm here, I live in fear of someone recognising me in real life from my TSR profile :tongue:

Does anyone know if any lectures are happening tomorrow, despite the strike? I'm obviously striking, but I want to know what I'll need to catch up on. (Broad question, I know :tongue:)

Not sure about maths, but our Arabic Language lesson normally runs :dontknow: Have you checked Portico?
Original post by kerily

Depends if the lecturers are striking. They would let you know if they're not I guess.

One of my lecturers sent us a long email about how much he apologises, but he does agree with the strikes and will be taking part in it.

But then we got an email from our tutor in the same module who said the tutorials will still be taking place. Shame, cos I've got a presentation to do, all nighter for me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending