The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zoedotdot
Nah, there are only about 17 of them I think and they always go to to finalists. There's some more third year accommodation where you get a bedroom and living room, but not on the same scale as the New Court rooms :smile: For interview you're likely to be in North Court or South Court, which are first year accommodation (well, North Court has people from various years but it's about half first years...).

Well that's too bad.. haha.

I presume we only find out which rooms we are in when we arrive for interviews? Will you or anyone be in Emma on the 13th by any chance?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by madfreakz

Well that's too bad.. haha.

I presume we only find out which rooms we are in when we arrive for interviews? Will you or anyone be in Emma on the 13th by any chance?

I'm really hoping that we find out what room we get next week when they tell us whether they'll be giving us accommodation or not but I fear they probably won't.
Original post by Edwin Okli
I'm really hoping that we find out what room we get next week when they tell us whether they'll be giving us accommodation or not but I fear they probably won't.

Yeah I doubt so too!

What are you applying for and when is your interview?
You'll just be given rooms when you arrive :smile: You won't really spend much time in there anyway so they're not very exciting!

Yeah I doubt so too!

What are you applying for and when is your interview?

Signatures disabled? I'm applying for Maths and my interview's on the 9th. How about you?
Signatures disabled? I'm applying for Maths and my interview's on the 9th. How about you?

I have no clue about signatures :P

Law on the 13th. Why does everyone seem to be having their interviews on the 8th/9th and no one on the 13th!!

I have no clue about signatures :P

Law on the 13th. Why does everyone seem to be having their interviews on the 8th/9th and no one on the 13th!!

Don't worry, there'll be lots of people around. I say that but I am a bit worried about being all alone.
Don't worry, there'll be lots of people around. I say that but I am a bit worried about being all alone.

Yeah, I was hoping to make friends with the other applicants.

I'm an asian international applicant and there's going to be no one from my home country (singapore) there because most, if not all, have been interviewed at home.

I did boarding school in Australia and finished 2 weeks ago, so I missed the deadline to be interviewed back home. In any case, I figured it'd be nice to see Cambridge and the other London unis since I know I want to be in the UK for uni.

hi guys im a prospective medic applying to emma
just got an interview on 5th, anything to look out for?
Original post by Rocketeeer
hi guys im a prospective medic applying to emma
just got an interview on 5th, anything to look out for?

I'm here on the 5th haha! Good luck. I'm a medic fresher at Emma currently.
Original post by Hypocrism
I'm here on the 5th haha! Good luck. I'm a medic fresher at Emma currently.

i do need good luck!!
got an interview from university of hong kong on 3rd so might be in a middle of a jet-lag
beside luck i need some help tooo :biggrin:
how do you find Emma/ Cambridge in general for medicine?
thankssss! :biggrin:
Hi everyone :smile: I'm new to posting on TSR but I have a question about the accomodation for interviewees at Emma (I have an interview next week). Does anyone know if we'll have access to showers etc while we're there? It's such a silly question, but I really don't know where else I could ask! I'm travelling down the day before so I'd like to know if we can shower there.

OK, this question looks stupid written down, so I'm going to post it before I change my mind and delete it. Good luck to everyone with interviews :smile:
Original post by undercovermartyn
Hi everyone :smile: I'm new to posting on TSR but I have a question about the accomodation for interviewees at Emma (I have an interview next week). Does anyone know if we'll have access to showers etc while we're there? It's such a silly question, but I really don't know where else I could ask! I'm travelling down the day before so I'd like to know if we can shower there.

OK, this question looks stupid written down, so I'm going to post it before I change my mind and delete it. Good luck to everyone with interviews :smile:

yeah, you'll have shower and toilet facilities :tongue:
Original post by cpdavis
yeah, you'll have shower and toilet facilities :tongue:

Thank you for replying! I have one less thing to stress about now :smile:
Original post by Groat
What are you applying for? :u:

MML

MML

Awesome. Any specific languages and when's your interview? :smile:
Awesome. Any specific languages and when's your interview? :smile:

French and German (ab initio), and my interviews are Friday the 9th. I'm very excited because I get to stay in college accomodation :biggrin:

And you've applied for Math, right? How does one go about preparing for an interview in Mathematics?

French and German (ab initio), and my interviews are Friday the 9th. I'm very excited because I get to stay in college accomodation :biggrin:

And you've applied for Math, right? How does one go about preparing for an interview in Mathematics?

I'll be staying in college on the 8th too! :biggrin:

Panic, relax and ream some more maths questions, panic when you can't do them, try to get advice from teachers, panic when you can't understand the advice. It's a lot of panicking and trying out questions. I do enjoy trying out new questions but there are things like proofs of certain well-known theorems that you just have to know. I mean, I can't really predict how it would be if they asked me similar questions in the interview because obviously they're there to assess my thinking and not whether I know the answer because I've seen it before. But I'm not sure how much help is too much help. Au bout du compte, il s'agit de trop de panique.

What about an interview for MML, is it all in another language?
I'll be staying in college on the 8th too! :biggrin:

Panic, relax and ream some more maths questions, panic when you can't do them, try to get advice from teachers, panic when you can't understand the advice. It's a lot of panicking and trying out questions. I do enjoy trying out new questions but there are things like proofs of certain well-known theorems that you just have to know. I mean, I can't really predict how it would be if they asked me similar questions in the interview because obviously they're there to assess my thinking and not whether I know the answer because I've seen it before. But I'm not sure how much help is too much help. Au bout du compte, il s'agit de trop de panique.

What about an interview for MML, is it all in another language?

Oh you are? That's fantastic! Are you taking the train there and do you know when you arrive?

Wow, studying for Math sounds really difficult. o: I hope your interview goes well and is not too daunting. :smile: Try not to panic! I'm doing my best to enjoy the process. I like your use of French there, by the way. :smile:

For MML I'll be tested by speaking a bit in French, though I won't be able to do much at all in German as I know only basic 'tourist' language! I've been studying French history, literature, culture, politics, etc in preparation for my interview, alongside lots of grammar work (which I absolutely love! That is not sarcasm). I don't really like politics in any country but I figured I should know about it. For German I've been doing the same, though as an introductory thing. I do feel like I still have so much to do. :confused:
Reply 1599

For MML I'll be tested by speaking a bit in French, though I won't be able to do much at all in German as I know only basic 'tourist' language! I've been studying French history, literature, culture, politics, etc in preparation for my interview, alongside lots of grammar work (which I absolutely love! That is not sarcasm). I don't really like politics in any country but I figured I should know about it. For German I've been doing the same, though as an introductory thing. I do feel like I still have so much to do. :confused:

Definitely sounds like you've done enough! You can probs just relax now :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending