The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quackers93
Then we'd need to make it more interesting like you'd have to be in a field... doing a handstand... with a camel/llama in the background! (I only say this because I live half an hour from a place that has them :colone:) :llama:

Swear i've seen some alpacas about.
and middle of a field is easier done than said :P
I can do it so that i'm in the middle of a field surrounded by nothing but other fields.
Like fieldception.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4921
Yeah a random or really creative one would be good :smile:

We should've done a best Christmas tree decoration one or something. For Easter we could totally do a most creatively painted egg :biggrin: It's not exactly exciting but I like painting eggs at easter... :colondollar: :tongue:

I HAD A ROBOT CHRISTMAS TREE!!!
It was very exciting...

Original post by joemullally
I'd win that though, I live in the middle of nowhere and could just stop off on the way to my girlfriends (she lives 1000 ft above sea level so it's a fairly rural treck up there).

We'll have to have a certain item that has to be in the picture each week, so we actually have to go out and do it specifically rather than just have a photo of that already, like a rubber duck or a wooden spoon or something.

Also: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1875423 :laugh:
Original post by Tinth
It was very exciting...

We'll have to have a certain item that has to be in the picture each week, so we actually have to go out and do it specifically rather than just have a photo of that already, like a rubber duck or a wooden spoon or something.

I saw that.
I like how he didn't go into any detail, but everyone obviously wants to know exactly how it happened.

and yeah that sounds like a plan.
Swear i've seen some alpacas about.
and middle of a field is easier done than said :P
I can do it so that i'm in the middle of a field surrounded by nothing but other fields.
Like fieldception.

For you it can be a city then :colone: :wink:

:rofl:

Original post by Tinth
It was very exciting...

:eek: PICTURE! Pleeeeeeeeeeease :colondollar:

For some of them it maybe could be a simple object ie. rubber duck/wooden spoon but it could be the most creative/imaginative/interesting picture. I don't drive which I think would annoy my dad:

"Dad, I need you to drive me to somewhere with a stream with a hoover and a large stone in the shape of a cow..." :laugh:
For you it can be a city then :colone: :wink:

:rofl:

:eek: PICTURE! Pleeeeeeeeeeease :colondollar:

For some of them it maybe could be a simple object ie. rubber duck/wooden spoon but it could be the most creative/imaginative/interesting picture. I don't drive which I think would annoy my dad:

"Dad, I need you to drive me to somewhere with a stream with a hoover and a large stone in the shape of a cow..." :laugh:

I live in one of the smallest cities in the uk so it's doable to :P
15,000 locals 16,000 students. That's it.

And wow, a picture of what now?
For a minute there I thought you were talking about the thread she mentioned.
I don't know what I'll do if I don't get in, so it would be a hell of lot easier if I did :tongue: Meh it's alright, nothing exciting really. Few days work at a nursery every so often but it gives a bit of pocket money and I did a christmas tempt job workingnights at a pie factory for a week packing pies :awesome: but hey it was good money and an experience to say the least. Will be more fun when my new little brother/sister is born, I'll count it as experience for paedeatrics :laugh:

Oh the exciting life of a mod :rolleyes: (secretly jealous :wink:) I'd be curious to see what these trolls post but I never seem to find them cause you mods are so darn fast

This could be an ongoing fb challenge? They seem to have died down, not that I ever really competed :frown: :tongue:

Sounds quite productive so far.. and if you get in you'll be glad you've got that extra money. All the school leavers have gone into their overdraft at some point during this first term that I know at least :redface:

My mod life isn't that exciting admittedly.. most of the people I ban are for advertising, with thread moves/merges taking up the most time :redface:
I swear most of my time spent on TSR is spent in the uba-awesome mods area :colone:

We should kick up the challanges again. keep things a little fresher over the cold, stressily filled, decisiony, winter months.

PSQ should set us the challange though, he seems to be the master re-applicant.

What's this? :holmes:

You guys were setting each other challenges?
What like? :h:

We should! Give us something productive to do :tongue: Yeah! PSQ: The Master Re-applicant :loony: :yes:

:love:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Sounds quite productive so far.. and if you get in you'll be glad you've got that extra money. All the school leavers have gone into their overdraft at some point during this first term that I know at least :redface:

My mod life isn't that exciting admittedly.. most of the people I ban are for advertising, with thread moves/merges taking up the most time :redface:
I swear most of my time spent on TSR is spent in the uba-awesome mods area :colone:

What's this? :holmes:

You guys were setting each other challenges?
What like? :h:

:love:

Get a photo with a short person.
Best halloween fancy dress.
Who's got the uggliest work shoes.
The usual y'know.
Keeps things fresh
It was either that or a sort of gap year bucket list type thing.
Pics for proof etc.

Oh and there was the most mortal photo one during freshers weeks, so we didn't miss out on anything.
(edited 12 years ago)
Get a photo with a short person.
Best halloween fancy dress.
Who's got the uggliest work shoes.
The usual y'know.
Keeps things fresh
It was either that or a sort of gap year bucket list type thing.
Pics for proof etc.

Haha that's brilliant!
Nice group vibe you've got going on here then :biggrin:

Do you post proof on this thread then? I heard mention of fb? :ninja:

First challenge!!
Vote for me in the 2011 TSR awards: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=696 (member of the year and mod of the year) :colone:

Nah vote for whomever... :ninja:

I'll have to have a think about this :yep:
Haha that's brilliant!

First challenge!!
Vote for me in the 2011 TSR awards: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=696 (member of the year and mod of the year) :colone:

There are 13 of us in a little closed group on facebook.
Keeping it to a nice little lucky number see.
Keep track of all the interview stuff
post our gap year woes
Complain about your modding :P
Ask burning questions such as what's weirder? Eating chicken at a sushi resteraunt or having pizza for Christmas dinner?
Essential and productive information :biggrin:

PSQ, couldn't see you down for female of the year? What's up with that dude? :wink:
There are 13 of us in a little closed group on facebook.
Keeping it to a nice little lucky number see.
Keep track of all the interview stuff
post our gap year woes
Complain about your modding :P
Ask burning questions such as what's weirder? Eating chicken at a sushi resteraunt or having pizza for Christmas dinner?
Essential and productive information :biggrin:

PSQ, couldn't see you down for female of the year? What's up with that dude? :wink:

How could you possibly complain about my modding? :tongue:
I barely have to mod anything on this thread, it's brilliant! :colone:

Haw haw :colonhash:
The times when people thought I was a woman is LONG gone :fyi:

BTW did you know we have a mutual friend on facebook? You're easy to find :colone:
How could you possibly complain about my modding? :tongue:
I barely have to mod anything on this thread, it's brilliant! :colone:

Haw haw :colonhash:
The times when people thought I was a woman is LONG gone :fyi:

BTW did you know we have a mutual friend on facebook? You're easy to find :colone:

I wonder if that mutual friend is a certain vulpes. Hmmm.
and yeah, I am easy to find. That's why i'm all private and stuff.
Hoping the admin staff won't judge me too much if they see my prof like.

Also, I've got another 9-5 tommorow and need to be up early as my nana's heading back to b'ham with my dad.
Means i've got to drop my sister off at work aswell.
Heading to hit the hay now, and my username isn't exactly good for hiding my identity.
I have no idea who you are IRL so happy stalking :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Also, I've got another 9-5 tommorow and need to be up early as my nana's heading back to b'ham with my dad.
Heading to hit the hay now, and my username isn't exactly good for hiding my identity.

Actually it's Demi :colone:
You aren't that private. You'll find that most med students rank up their settings to maximum so that only the display picture and name shows.... I'm not sure on GMC guidelines for online activity.. but it exists so it's a step in the right direction :dontknow:
I think I'll add you on the basis that my TSR-ness and real me don't overlap too much? :tongue:
I don't mind TSR going onto facebook occasionally.. but don't want real life coming onto TSR as odd as that may sound...

Yeah get some sleep, enjoy the day working tomorrow :tongue:
You aren't that private. You'll find that most med students rank up their settings to maximum so that only the display picture and name shows.... I'm not sure on GMC guidelines for online activity.. but it exists so it's a step in the right direction :dontknow:
I think I'll add you on the basis that my TSR-ness and real me don't overlap too much? :tongue:
I don't mind TSR going onto facebook occasionally.. but don't want real life coming onto TSR as odd as that may sound...

I know what you mean :P
And that's about as private as I can be bothered making it for now lol.
What shows?
I know what you mean :P
And that's about as private as I can be bothered making it for now lol.
What shows?

Well now everything shows :colone:

But it was just profile pic, some wall history, friend list and info page
Reply 4934

:eek:

My privacy settings were bumped up because of my ex actually. The GMC is NOTHING as deadly in comparison :colondollar:

Still hate how you just assumed I would have a chinese accent :rant:
Reply 4935
Haha that's brilliant!

First challenge!!

Thats a rubbish challenge :P Must try harder!
Original post by Vulpes

My privacy settings were bumped up because of my ex actually. The GMC is NOTHING as deadly in comparison :colondollar:

If it's any consolation, I do like the accent :biggrin:
Original post by Vulpes

Sorry, My Cantonese friends all sound very Cantonese when they speak english. Just what i'm used to I guess.

Original post by Doctor.
If it's any consolation, I do like the accent :biggrin:

Whey, I guess you're in there Vulpy. :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4938
Sorry, My Cantonese friends all sound very Cantonese when they speak english. Just what i'm used to I guess.

DIU NEI AH! POK GAI!!! :rant:

Hahaha. jks :tongue: Was awesome meeting you tho.
Original post by Vulpes
DIU NEI AH! POK GAI!!! :rant:

Hahaha. jks :tongue: Was awesome meeting you tho.

Haha I have what you taught me written down somewhere, I really REALLY need to learn it.
Add it to my other collection of bits of cantonese.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending