University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ultimate1
I have exams on 9th, 11th, 12th and the 13th :sigh:

:cry2:

Oh man. So glad I don't have to go through that!

...Damn
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1941
Original post by TheAngryMongoose

...Damn

I only have 3 exams :smug:

(I got Skyrim for Christmas. Revision has not been happening :facepalm2:)

...Damn

Lol, well yeah, I suppose you're lucky :tongue:
Original post by kerily

OMG did you hack the timetable or something? :shock:

In regards to Skyrim; I really wanted to get it, good thing I didn't :tongue:

EDIT: Just noticed: You do Mathematics with Languages :tongue:. BTW you should definitely revise Analysis. It's quite interesting :tongue:.
Reply 1943
OMG did you hack the timetable or something? :shock:

In regards to Skyrim; I really wanted to get it, good thing I didn't :tongue:

EDIT: Just noticed: You do Mathematics with Languages :tongue:. BTW you should definitely revise Analysis. It's quite interesting :tongue:.

Maths with modern languages :sexface: No Applied; I do German instead. But I do have to write a 1400 word essay. I don't even know 1400 words in English, let alone in German :emo:

I am definitely revising Analysis now. If only in hope of not disappointing Wendl when it comes to it :tongue: Likewise Algebra. Methods isn't really going to get much work done on it, on grounds that it's really just STEP, and... after all, I was so spectacularly good at STEP... :rolleyes: :teehee:
Original post by kerily

:awesome:

Pff, revision. There are temples to Plunder!

Hmm... should probably start Revising. Came back up to Landan (partly) because I knew it wasn't gonna happen back home.
Reply 1945
I had no idea you could do maths with modern languages. Do you do a year abroad?
Reply 1946
Original post by Lizia
I had no idea you could do maths with modern languages. Do you do a year abroad?

You can :biggrin: There's only 5 people on the degree though.

And sadly not. You can apply for one in the usual way through ERASMUS, which I fully plan to do, but there isn't one built-in.

Pff, revision. There are temples to Plunder!

Hmm... should probably start Revising. Came back up to Landan (partly) because I knew it wasn't gonna happen back home.

I just seem to spend all my time stealing horses :biggrin:

You're already back in Landaaaan? Jealous. I return on Friday. So excited :moon:
Original post by kerily
Maths with modern languages :sexface: No Applied; I do German instead. But I do have to write a 1400 word essay. I don't even know 1400 words in English, let alone in German :emo:

I am definitely revising Analysis now. If only in hope of not disappointing Wendl when it comes to it :tongue: Likewise Algebra. Methods isn't really going to get much work done on it, on grounds that it's really just STEP, and... after all, I was so spectacularly good at STEP... :rolleyes: :teehee:

Ooohhhh...I did German.....in years 7 and 8 :tongue:

Analysis is pretty awesome isn't it? Even though I fail at it, I love little tricks you have to do :sogood:. Algebra is much easier than I first expected. Methods is a hard exam (I had a look at a few past papers :shock:). And applied, well, let's not talk about it :lol:.
Reply 1948
Ooohhhh...I did German.....in years 7 and 8 :tongue:

Analysis is pretty awesome isn't it? Even though I fail at it, I love little tricks you have to do :sogood:. Algebra is much easier than I first expected. Methods is a hard exam (I had a look at a few past papers :shock:). And applied, well, let's not talk about it :lol:.

I am SO BAD at analysis, but I would love it to bits if I was actually any good at it. As it is, I just suck at coming up with ideas by myself :tongue: Algebra is actually quite easy once you get around Johnson's lecturing style, and Methods... did you do STEP? It is pretty much identical. I can manage Methods because it's basically like STEP, but I won't even lie, this is going to be a nasty exam. As for applied, I neatly sidestep it :biggrin:
Original post by kerily
I am SO BAD at analysis, but I would love it to bits if I was actually any good at it. As it is, I just suck at coming up with ideas by myself :tongue: Algebra is actually quite easy once you get around Johnson's lecturing style, and Methods... did you do STEP? It is pretty much identical. I can manage Methods because it's basically like STEP, but I won't even lie, this is going to be a nasty exam. As for applied, I neatly sidestep it :biggrin:

Yeah same here. I just don't know where the hell to start for proofs, (There's literally a million ways to do a proof :tongue:) and always end up taking the long-winded way which I get close, but end up failing :cry2:

Algebra, I reckon, will be the easiest of the lot. I looked through a paper and it all looked very similar to the homework Qs.

I did STEP I and got a 3 (:colondollar:). Although I didn't put much effort into it :teehee:. I honestly thought I was going to get a U :lol:

You're lucky you sidesteped it tbh. Very annoying module. lol.
Reply 1950
I'm going to have to relearn the entirety of Algebra, after looking at a paper...
Analysis and Applied - meh.
Methods is getting parred.
Original post by kerily
You can :biggrin: There's only 5 people on the degree though.

And sadly not. You can apply for one in the usual way through ERASMUS, which I fully plan to do, but there isn't one built-in.

I just seem to spend all my time stealing horses :biggrin:

You're already back in Landaaaan? Jealous. I return on Friday. So excited :moon:

I actually bought a horse, like, in exchange for money. And a house, coz of all the ****ing Dragon Bones. The horse is ****ing mental; it just Leeroys into things I'm trying to sneak up on, or runs off to fight some bears; dun't care about the horse, but they 1000 gold each.
Gotta say, dungeon crawling has been probably my favourite thing to do in the game, largely because of the regularity with which I accidentally stumble across an epic quest or other.

Back in Landan! (fer a few days now). Flat was empty for a while, but a bunch of people came here for the new years (and left again, so I'm alone here again for another 2 days >.>). Ah well; more fun than back home <.< (Plus, I don't have to feel guilty about getting take away rather than trying to cook. There is a downside to having so many enthusiastic chefs in your flat)
(edited 12 years ago)
Coming back tomorrow to start an essay. Really don't want to.
Reply 1953
Original post by Zuzuzu
I'm going to have to relearn the entirety of Algebra, after looking at a paper...
Analysis and Applied - meh.
Methods is getting parred.

Analysis is already going to be a massive fail for me so I don't even know if I can remedy that, Algebra is all content and no actual difficulty in applying it (... I hope I don't regret this statement in a week's time :colondollar:) and Methods is giving me STEP flashbacks. :eek3: These exams may not go fabulously.

I actually bought a horse, like, in exchange for money. And a house, coz of all the ****ing Dragon Bones. The horse is ****ing mental; it just Leeroys into things I'm trying to sneak up on, or runs off to fight some bears; dun't care about the horse, but they 1000 gold each.
Gotta say, dungeon crawling has been probably my favourite thing to do in the game, largely because of the regularity with which I accidentally stumble across an epic quest or other.

Back in Landan! (fer a few days now). Flat was empty for a while, but a bunch of people came here for the new years (and left again, so I'm alone here again for another 2 days >.>). Ah well; more fun than back home <.< (Plus, I don't have to feel guilty about getting take away rather than trying to cook. There is a downside to having so many enthusiastic chefs in your flat)

I adore dungeons. And, at the moment, killing things. I'm only like level 4 (I got it on Sunday, so that's not so bad :tongue:) but the combat is so stunningly better than Morrowind's that I just seem to go around hacking stuff to death with an axe. And occasionally stealing things and then wishing the game would let you sell stolen goods to all merchants. :emo:

I adore being alone in my flat. I've annexed the entire fridge and stolen little bits of everyone else's food :ahee: (It's to get them back for the time they stole my Innocent smoothie. I'm not just a dick.) Jealous of your takeaway though. I'm living on Sainsbury's Basics, because I had a trip up to good old Max Rayne yesterday, and on the way home I thought I'd drop by Sainsbury's and get some cheap food :yep:

(Congratulations on the girlfriend :awesome:)
Original post by kerily
Analysis is already going to be a massive fail for me so I don't even know if I can remedy that, Algebra is all content and no actual difficulty in applying it (... I hope I don't regret this statement in a week's time :colondollar:) and Methods is giving me STEP flashbacks. :eek3: These exams may not go fabulously.

Well, personally, I've avoided worrying about exams and revision through one simple method; ignoring them entirely : D

Original post by kerily
I adore dungeons. And, at the moment, killing things. I'm only like level 4 (I got it on Sunday, so that's not so bad :tongue:) but the combat is so stunningly better than Morrowind's that I just seem to go around hacking stuff to death with an axe. And occasionally stealing things and then wishing the game would let you sell stolen goods to all merchants. :emo:

Yeah, thievin' stuff is fun, though the Thieves Guild quest only gives you 3 fences (plus, they're pretty ****ing retarded); you're better off leveling Speech (check out the speech perks; can make everyone a fence)

I got the game on the 11th, and I have the level 5 achievement on that day, level 10 achievement on the 12th, and the level 25 achievement on the 14th; and that's still less playtime over that period of time than I played for FO: New Vegas >.<

Original post by kerily
I adore being alone in my flat. I've annexed the entire fridge and stolen little bits of everyone else's food :ahee: (It's to get them back for the time they stole my Innocent smoothie. I'm not just a dick.) Jealous of your takeaway though. I'm living on Sainsbury's Basics, because I had a trip up to good old Max Rayne yesterday, and on the way home I thought I'd drop by Sainsbury's and get some cheap food :yep:

I may be able to, at most, splash out on Sainsbury's Basics next term, since I'm still having trouble with Student Finance. 'specially considering my new years resolution: to drink more :ahee: (that and do at least SOME revision for my mid-sessionals)

Original post by kerily
(Congratulations on the girlfriend :awesome:)

anyone has feedback on the language centre? i'm thinking of learning spanish
Anyone use the home Oxford Scholarship online site?

Any ideas how we log in? Is it just username, username plus live, username plus ucl??

Original post by kerily

Read about you in this month's Pi :awesome:

Seeming quite apologetic about the antics of their previous 'editor'.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1958
Original post by rockrunride
Read about you in this month's Pi :awesome:

At least, I think.

Page 18 is basically an entire page of Quotes From Me :awesome: I feel famous!
Original post by kerily
Page 18 is basically an entire page of Quotes From Me :awesome: I feel famous!

Yeah. The girl that wrote that article is on my course. Frequently find other course friends in the Pi Mag as well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending