The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1640
Original post by carl_senior
They did indeed. The lady on the phone said they would also confirm via email.

Didn't you get an offer last year?
Anyways congratulations.
What's your GCSEs, A-Levels and UKCAT like?
Have you applied to leeds via A2L?
Sorry for all the questions. :redface:
Reply 1641
They did indeed. The lady on the phone said they would also confirm via email.

Oh right. When did you recieve your interview last year? Thanks. :smile:
Hello guys, thought i'd say hello.
Been lurking for some time.

I have an interview on thr 29th of Feb. Trying not to get too excited about it! I'm feeling pretty good about it though, I had a bm6 interview last year so I know its pretty laid back.

Congrats! I remember you from last years as well :biggrin:
Original post by Medican
Oh right. When did you recieve your interview last year? Thanks. :smile:

I had my interview on the very last day of the cycle. It was the 23rd of march if i remember correctly lol

Original post by popsiclee67
Congrats! I remember you from last years as well :biggrin:

Its always nice to be remembered :biggrin: Are you a BM6 reapplicant too then?
I had my interview on the very last day of the cycle. It was the 23rd of march if i remember correctly lol

Its always nice to be remembered :biggrin: Are you a BM6 reapplicant too then?

I am, yes! I got an offer last year but unfortunately missed my chemistry grade by 10 UMS :/ aha, so reapplying but haven't heard yet! Slightly worried as this time last year I'd had an interview offer but trying not to overthink and stay positive :smile:

What are you doing now, then? Year out?
Reply 1645
I am, yes! I got an offer last year but unfortunately missed my chemistry grade by 10 UMS :/ aha, so reapplying but haven't heard yet! Slightly worried as this time last year I'd had an interview offer but trying not to overthink and stay positive :smile:

Do soton take retake applicants for BM6? :confused:
Original post by Medican

Yes, for BM6 you can resit one subject, for BM5 no :smile:
Reply 1647
Yes, for BM6 you can resit one subject, for BM5 no :smile:

It is allowed for BM5 but you can only retake one exam I think, but I didn't know it was for BM6 as well. Thanks.
Original post by Medican
It is allowed for BM5 but you can only retake one exam I think, but I didn't know it was for BM6 as well. Thanks.

Ah I see, and no problem :smile:

10 UMS?? No way! :frown:
You got the offer though, that's more than I got lol

Yeah i'm on a 'gap year' which so far has consisted of me working for a taxi company. Not quite the Gap Yah dream is it? :rolleyes:
I had an offer from leeds for Medicine last year but missed my A grade by a mile (48 UMS) so I decided to try again for medicine rather than go for my backup. Everything is pinned on soton at the moment!

Where else have you applied?
10 UMS?? No way! :frown:
You got the offer though, that's more than I got lol

Yeah i'm on a 'gap year' which so far has consisted of me working for a taxi company. Not quite the Gap Yah dream is it? :rolleyes:
I had an offer from leeds for Medicine last year but missed my A grade by a mile (48 UMS) so I decided to try again for medicine rather than go for my backup. Everything is pinned on soton at the moment!

Where else have you applied?

I know! haha, pretty epicly failed A2 Chem, but got an A in my mock LOL, a E/U to an A, couldn't have predicted that one!

And wow aha, sounds.. fun? :smile: And that's fair enough, I had an offer for biomed but thought i'd try again :smile:

and Leeds for neuroscience, hull for biomedical science, hull-york for med but got rejected so switched to biochemistry at York, Soton, and I applied to the Nottingham 5 year as I was told i didn't qualify for the foundation programme but they contacted me asking if i'd like to be considered for A108 instead because I didn't meet the qual's for A100 haha. So yeah, great fun :P
Reply 1651
Hey, could someone tell me which train station/coach station in Southampton is nearer to where they interview? I'm coming from Nottingham and have only been Southampton by car! thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by LTTP
Hey, could someone tell me which train station/coach station in Southampton is nearer to where they interview? I'm coming from Nottingham and have only been Southampton by car! thanks in advance :smile:

Central, then get any bus with "U" in it's name (eg U6H). They're unlink buses that take you straight to campus
Reply 1653
Oh and do I have to bring anything to the interview such as gcse certificates etc like some other medical schools require?
Original post by Medican

The "one retake" rule is just for resitting a whole a level year, not just individual exams just to be le clear. You can retake more but they will want to know about extenuating circumstances and they will need to be good! xD
Original post by LTTP

Southampton Central railway station is the closest I believe, and Southampton coach station is at Western Esplanade in the city centre, then you get a uni-link bus to the main site :smile:
I know! haha, pretty epicly failed A2 Chem, but got an A in my mock LOL, a E/U to an A, couldn't have predicted that one!

And wow aha, sounds.. fun? :smile: And that's fair enough, I had an offer for biomed but thought i'd try again :smile:

and Leeds for neuroscience, hull for biomedical science, hull-york for med but got rejected so switched to biochemistry at York, Soton, and I applied to the Nottingham 5 year as I was told i didn't qualify for the foundation programme but they contacted me asking if i'd like to be considered for A108 instead because I didn't meet the qual's for A100 haha. So yeah, great fun :P

It normally goes the other way around for me, I get A/B in my mock and end up with D/E in the real thing lol
Working for a taxi company is the worst. Although it has opened my eyes to new aspects of my personality, for example I have discovered that I have the same sense of humour as a middle aged man and that I can bluff my way through a conversation about car engines by nodding and nonchalantly saying 'It'll be the gasket that's blown...'

So for medicine you're still waiting to hear from soton and nottingham? I was gonna go for nottingham, I went to medsim there and I loved the uni, it's very green and scenic.
Original post by LTTP
Oh and do I have to bring anything to the interview such as gcse certificates etc like some other medical schools require?

no! :smile:
It normally goes the other way around for me, I get A/B in my mock and end up with D/E in the real thing lol
Working for a taxi company is the worst. Although it has opened my eyes to new aspects of my personality, for example I have discovered that I have the same sense of humour as a middle aged man and that I can bluff my way through a conversation about car engines by nodding and nonchalantly saying 'It'll be the gasket that's blown...'

So for medicine you're still waiting to hear from soton and nottingham? I was gonna go for nottingham, I went to medsim there and I loved the uni, it's very green and scenic.

That did happen last year aha, but completely messed up and started crying in the middle of the exam :| bad times! And oh my, well to be fair I can never have conversations with taxi drivers without starting 'so busy night?' ... lmao

And yeah :smile: applied to UEA last year but really didn't like their staff, or interviewers or current med students, despite living pretty close to the uni! :smile:
Yeah one of my best friends goes to Notts for chemistry and he loves it, the campus was really pretty but I just prefer Soton I think, and I can't give up living near the sea! :smile:
That did happen last year aha, but completely messed up and started crying in the middle of the exam :| bad times! And oh my, well to be fair I can never have conversations with taxi drivers without starting 'so busy night?' ... lmao

And yeah :smile: applied to UEA last year but really didn't like their staff, or interviewers or current med students, despite living pretty close to the uni! :smile:
Yeah one of my best friends goes to Notts for chemistry and he loves it, the campus was really pretty but I just prefer Soton I think, and I can't give up living near the sea! :smile:

Taxi drivers are ace. The job is horrible but the people are nice, you get to see humanity at its best and it's worst. Just like medicine in that respect i suppose :tongue:

I went for UEA and ive been rejected both times! :angry:
I have to admit though, I fell in love with southampton when I went for my interview. I hadnt had a chance to visit beforehand because of how for away I live. (reet up north) I was shocked at how gorgeous the city is, and the campus too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending