The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Mine's bloody terrible. One exam on the 2nd May, then the rest of them on the 14th/15th/16th/17th/18th. Seriously, a whole sodding week?!?! FML.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
**** me that's bad. What a way to send me off into the real world. **** you college.
Reply 2062
What are your impressions of Gower Place Practice? I'm afraid they've been unhelpful so far... :frown:
Reply 2063
Took weeks for an appointment. Then the doctor seemed uninterested. And one of the receptionist must hate people.
Original post by Ivanka
What are your impressions of Gower Place Practice? I'm afraid they've been unhelpful so far... :frown:

Unfortunately I'm there once a week so know a lot about them. The reception staff can be quite rude but the GP's themselves are nice (well the 3 I've seen are). PM me if you want anything about specific GP's or services from them.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Unfortunately I'm there once a week so know a lot about them. The reception staff can be quite rude but the GP's themselves are nice (well the 3 I've seen are). PM me if you want anything about specific GP's or services from them.

any free condoms there?
Reply 2066
Original post by destination unknown
any free condoms there?

Yep, but only for registered patients.
Original post by Ivanka
Yep, but only for registered patients.

I'm registered. So i need to go & ask front counter? strange to go there only for that:biggrin:
Reply 2068
Original post by destination unknown
I'm registered. So i need to go & ask front counter? strange to go there only for that:biggrin:

There's a box; just walk up and take them. They aren't going to stop you and ask why :tongue: I think there's some in the union too.

I hate GPP. Not only do they refuse to give me antidepressants on a repeating prescription (like my GP did in Yorkshire) so I have to come in every month, it's impossible to get appointments, so I have to do the walk-in clinic every month. One of the receptionists is the biggest cow in the universe. :sigh:
Original post by kerily
There's a box; just walk up and take them. They aren't going to stop you and ask why :tongue: I think there's some in the union too.

I hate GPP. Not only do they refuse to give me antidepressants on a repeating prescription (like my GP did in Yorkshire) so I have to come in every month, it's impossible to get appointments, so I have to do the walk-in clinic every month. One of the receptionists is the biggest cow in the universe. :sigh:

Is that the giant one who speaks in such a condescending manor? Friggin hate her. As they won't give me a repeating prescription either I have to go in once a week and every time she's like 'oh, you again'. Yes. Because I just love coming in to see your face too :rolleyes:
Reply 2070
Original post by Noodlzzz
Is that the giant one who speaks in such a condescending manor? Friggin hate her. As they won't give me a repeating prescription either I have to go in once a week and every time she's like 'oh, you again'. Yes. Because I just love coming in to see your face too :rolleyes:

I hate them SO MUCH for not giving out repeat prescriptions. I've been dependent on antidepressants since May 2011. I plan to be for a very long time, on the grounds that the last two times I tried to come off them, I tried to kill myself. I like this dosage and this pill. I don't want to come in monthly, surrounded by a load of people with flu, to be lectured about how my dosage is apparently too low and I should really go higher than I want to. I know much more about my own care than some doctor who's literally met me for 5 minutes and not even bothered reading my notes.

... /rant :getmecoat:

I hate her so much. When I asked her if she could fill my prescription (my old doctor's used to work like that - the receptionist was a pharmacist as well - and I didn't know not everywhere was like that) she looked at me like I'd just dribbled on her.
Reply 2071
Original post by kerily

Can you reregister with your previous Yorkshire GP to not undergo this stressful procedure every month?
Reply 2072
Original post by Ivanka
Can you reregister with your previous Yorkshire GP to not undergo this stressful procedure every month?

That would require going to Yorkshire monthly, which is 4+ hours on the train and costs £30 return :tongue:
Reply 2073
Original post by kerily
That would require going to Yorkshire monthly, which is 4+ hours on the train and costs £30 return :tongue:

Bad :emo: But I thought the previous GP used to give you a repeat prescription, so why should you go there as often as you do now? (Maybe I¨m missing something here...)
Reply 2074
Original post by Ivanka
Bad :emo: But I thought the previous GP used to give you a repeat prescription, so why should you go there as often as you do now? (Maybe I¨m missing something here...)

I'm pretty sure you have to pick up prescriptions in person, surely? Unless they post them out to you... :holmes:
Reply 2075
Ask for Dr. Kuna. Nicest doctor I've ever had, she's lovely!
Really niche question, but for people studying languages, do you use 'tu' or 'vous' or their equivalent to address members of staff? I was quite surprised when someone in one of my seminars said 'tu' to the tutor ... maybe it's just me who doesn't? :getmecoat:
Original post by Inner Poise
Really niche question, but for people studying languages, do you use 'tu' or 'vous' or their equivalent to address members of staff? I was quite surprised when someone in one of my seminars said 'tu' to the tutor ... maybe it's just me who doesn't? :getmecoat:

Tutoiement in general unless there's vouvoiement first. Helps that most of my language teachers have only five years on me maximum.
i resolve this problem and literally all related staff addressing problems by simply not speaking to anyone teaching me anything.

(not quite, but my instinct is still to address all lecturers as "sir" or "miss" and i'd rather die than use their first name. so i literally NEVER address staff :frown:. I start emails with "hello" so I never use anyone's name)
Original post by littleshambles
i resolve this problem and literally all related staff addressing problems by simply not speaking to anyone teaching me anything.

(not quite, but my instinct is still to address all lecturers as "sir" or "miss" and i'd rather die than use their first name. so i literally NEVER address staff :frown:. I start emails with "hello" so I never use anyone's name)

yeah, I share this anxiety... at my old school we said "madam" and not "miss" which I am worried I am suddenly going to blurt out one day to one of my tutors. In French my instinct is to use "vous" simply because I don't know the tutors personally :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending