The Student Room Group

O2 (phone shop) Interview Advice?

I have an interview to O2 coming up soon and they have asked me to prepare a 10 minute presentation about something I am passionate about.

The brief reads:

"Please think about something you are passionate about it can be anything at all. It may be sport or gardening, technology or entertainment; think about what really interests you. Once you‟ve decided, please come along on the day and tell us about it. We want our Assessors to be inspired by you and your subject. Aim to make them so interested, they may want to try it as well.
You‟ll have ten minutes to share your passion. Please involve your Assessors in any way you like and do feel free to ask questions. Think about what information you may need from them and how you can bring your subject to life for them."

I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this type of interview for O2 and could you share you experience, as I am slightly nervous because I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to talk about a passion for 10 whole minutes :s-smilie:

Also who are the assessors? And how many of them are there?
Reply 1
I had my interview at O2 last year. was told I got the job about 30 minutes later. It is a really good company and there are so many benefits so I hope you get the Job.

for your presentation you need to show that your passionate about what your talking about and not just talk about it. I didn't do a presentation for mine I just spoke about it. before the interview as well I checked the website and found out some information about the company. They had recycling policies and a lot of things going on so I just blabbed about them. You will be working around technology so you need to be good with computers.

you need to be organized, a fast thinker and a team player so you need to tell them about all of that. you will be asked about a time when you worked in a team. you just need to emphasis what you did when working in the team.
you will most likely be interviewed by a manager and an assistant manager. mine was with my manager. the trick is to be your self. smile a lot. talk about previous experience and the most important of all, tell them you are passionate about customer service.

don't look at the screen a lot when your doing your presentation. make eye contact and look confident. get there at least 5 minutes early. write down the important stuff on a card so you can look at during the interview to remind you of important things that you don't want to forget

Hope this helps.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Richlove1
I had my interview at O2 last year. was told I got the job about 30 minutes later. It is a really good company and there are so many benefits so I hope you get the Job.

for your presentation you need to show that your passionate about what your talking about and not just talk about it. I didn't do a presentation for mine I just spoke about it. before the interview as well I checked the website and found out some information about the company. They had recycling policies and a lot of things going on so I just blabbed about them. You will be working around technology so you need to be good with computers.

you need to be organized, a fast thinker and a team player so you need to tell them about all of that. you will be asked about a time when you worked in a team. you just need to emphasis what you did when working in the team.
you will most likely be interviewed by a manager and an assistant manager. mine was with my manager. the trick is to be your self. smile a lot. talk about previous experience and the most important of all, tell them you are passionate about customer service.

don't look at the screen a lot when your doing your presentation. make eye contact and look confident. get there at least 5 minutes early. write down the important stuff on a card so you can look at during the interview to remind you of important things that you don't want to forget

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much! You gave me a bigger insight into what to expect and what to deliver. I had my interview today, and it was a bit like yours. I was a bit put off by the word 'presentation' I thought I would have to stand up in front of a group of people and talk for ages but actually I just had to explain in-depth to my interviewer what I am passionate about which put me at ease a lot.
I think it went very well and my interview was lovely and very friendly.

Also what is the pay rate for a sales assistant?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending