The Student Room Group

Teaaach meee!!!

Hey all!

My girlfriend has never been on holiday before so for her birthday I want to take her somewhere - but I have no idea where! Unfortunately, I've already blitzed quite a lot of my annual holidays so it's likely to be a 3 or 4 day thing and her birthday is near the end of october.

This leaves me a couple of questions for you, oh wise TSRer, should I give her an IOU for a holiday for when it gets sunnier, or should I make the most of the fact it's not peak summer time, and thusly, that I might get a cheaper holiday?

Secondly - where is good to go with your girlfriend? I've only ever been on skiing holidays or "lads" holidays so I'm not well versed on where couples go..or even what couples do on holiday!

If anyone has been on holidays with their significant other and has any tips or advice it'd be much appreciated! Cheers!
I personally think that an IOU might be safer because then you can work out dates that work for both of you... However I'm sure she'd still love to be surprised with tickets!

I know it's a cliche, but Paris is absolutely beautiful and great for couples- plenty of long scenic walks, intimate cafes and lots of culture.
Reply 2
Original post by thompsonic7
I personally think that an IOU might be safer because then you can work out dates that work for both of you... However I'm sure she'd still love to be surprised with tickets!

I know it's a cliche, but Paris is absolutely beautiful and great for couples- plenty of long scenic walks, intimate cafes and lots of culture.

I've been to Paris before when I interrailed Europe and I can attest to the fact it's beautiful but I wasn't the biggest fan of the people to be honest, they seemed quite arrogant to me, but perhaps I just read them wrong! Thanks for your input!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
I'd recommend Venice and Rome. 3 or 4 days there is plenty of time and there is lots to see!
I'd also recommend Venice, Rome and Barcelona as alternatives to Paris :smile:
Reply 6
Even a nice cottage in the countryside or a half decent hotel somewhere if you want to keep costs down. There's lots of lovely places to go in the UK. I wouldn't IOU x
Reply 7
Thanks all for the advice! Well I got back myself from Barcelona 3 days ago so yeah, that really is a lovely city! I've been to Italy multiple times but never Venice or Rome! Has anyone ever been to Portugal? Thinking about going there and booking scuba diving lessons or something! Anything recommend/advise against this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending