The Student Room Group

How many of you thoroughly enjoy all of your A-levels?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I don't think there is a single A-level available that I would 'thoroughly enjoy'. They're a-levels, there's a limit to how much fun they can be when I'm having to learn it all and do well in an exam.
I enjoyed all of my A-Levels! Even when studying for the exams! I throughly enjoyed the subjects and the contents of those subjects. I took English Language, English Literature and Film Studies! (:
Reply 22
I enjoyed learning the stuff but the knowledge that you have to sit really difficult exams sucks a lot of the fun out of it
I think I did.

English Lit - ALways enjoyed lessons. Teacher was fun and class was great for both years
Computing - This was tough and draining because we had new teachers who didn't know how the exam board worked, but tbf both teachers were interesting and the content was interesting too.
Psychology - A lot to take in but interesting pkus teacher was eccentric.
German - Really tough but really enjoyable with a great bunch of class mates.

Only ever dreaded lessons once, that was Computing in AS as I struggled to being with. Once I got into it I was fine though. College was fun.
I have done double-maths, economics and physics to A2. I can honestly say that I have jizzed in my pants every time the teacher has raised the pen to the board.
Reply 25
Hated maths dropped it lol. Love eng and politics and history is fine sometimes.
I genuinely get a tingling sensation throughout my body, parallel to an orgasm, when I learn something new or figure something out in one of my subjects.

Looking forward to more orgasms in September.

Edit - Oh, I've studied Biology, Chemistry, English, French and History.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
Horrible
I enjoyed history but I preferred Germany to Russia. Russia was a rush towards the end so it was quite stressful.

Politics I also loved except for the Northern Irish part because our teacher for that module would just ramble about the troubles.

Spanish I liked too but the classes were quite boring because my teacher was slow and repeats herself. I liked learning a language though.

English Literature ended up being horrible at times because one teacher was obsessed with making us sit in a circle and draw up mind maps. However, I still loved the books we studied. Poetry I found less interesting.

Overall I would say I enjoy the subject content but how much I like going to the class is obviously shaped by other things.
Reply 29
I disliked all my subjects really, apart from English Literature and Language.
Reply 30
I only thoroughly enjoyed maths and further maths. Physics was ok but french was quite boring
Didnt enjoy Biology, no idea why I took it, I'm not really a science-y person.
Enjoyed the other three though (french/german/rs)
Nope,

Biology: I found it so boring because the teaching method was just to read through the book, which is really annoying because I love biology as a subject.

Chemistry: Didn't really hate, but I dreaded the lessons because our teacher liked to single people out when asking questions, so I'd always feel a bit scared because half the time I had no idea what he was talking about :K:

EngLit: One of my teachers was really religious and spent a load of every lesson talking about how the texts relate to God, even if he was basically clutching at straws he'd manage to string it out for half an hour.

Maths: Didn't hate it, but I self-taught most of it and found the syllabus really boring.

Psychology: Hated every single thing about it. Hated the teaching, hated the course, hated the afterschool lessons. I originally wanted to be a psychologist, but Psychology A Level sure got rid of that aspiration. :lol:

But generally it seems that it was more the teachers which made me dislike most of my subjects, I've always wanted those amazing inspiring teachers that you hear about, but have yet to find any :frown:
Original post by thegodofgod
I can safely say I thoroughly enjoyed all 3 of my A levels: Biology, Chemistry, and German (my AS in Maths doesn't count :colone:)

snap. Apart from the times where I comvinced myself I couldnt do german, and the whole ecology part of Bio. It wasn't too bad. AS Maths on the other hand... WHY did I not drop it in October of Y12?
I did, yes. I basically taught myself everything as I didn't trust my teachers - particularly Biology - to do it properly. Because of this, I didn't find exam season particularly stressful either, until the week of the exam itself.
It also helps that I liked my teachers. Yeah, some of them couldn't teach for toffee, but they were lovely people and made the lessons enjoyable.
Original post by I have a question
I genuinely get a tingling sensation throughout my body, parallel to an orgasm, when I learn something new or figure something out in one of my subjects.

Looking forward to more orgasms in September.

Edit - Oh, I've studied Biology, Chemistry, English, French and History.

I bet you especially loved the oral in French :wink:
Reply 36
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Chemistry

I love maths so the first 2 are sorted. I found physics interesting in parts. I was also helped with mathematical knowledge.

Chemistry... First year was good but A2 became a bit of a chore (i should have dropped it)
Original post by SimplyEccentric
I bet you especially loved the oral in French :wink:

:perv:

Quick Reply

Latest