The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by isitinyet?
cheers, i already have a digitial passport photo stored on my pc which has been used for driving licenses etc.. uploaded it and it told me my upload was successful and they'll email me if there's something wrong with the photo. So i clicked next and then it takes me to the page where i have to upload the photo again, wtf?

yeah that happened with me too, I think their website needs some work but I think it has sent. Email them in 3 weeks or something if it hasn't come through.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Does anyone know the reason why guests are not allowed at all in catered accommodation?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 662
Original post by Retro.spex
Does anyone know the reason why guests are not allowed at all in catered accommodation?

Aren't they? If this is a rule no one pays any attention to it, plenty of people have bfs/gfs there regularly and quite a few will have a number of mates from home for something like their bday.

You can't get them a meal though, you need a JCR card for that.
Are there lifts in halls? I'm on the fourth floor of Ragdale if that makes a difference. I'm just thinking about how awkward it would be to move all my stuff in if I have to go up and down stairs though I'm sure I'd manage nonetheless haha.
Original post by roh
Aren't they? If this is a rule no one pays any attention to it, plenty of people have bfs/gfs there regularly and quite a few will have a number of mates from home for something like their bday.

You can't get them a meal though, you need a JCR card for that.

Ah okay, that makes me feel better :tongue: It's in the FAQ on the website, they've got some pretty blunt answers! Would you be able to tell me whether it's just the canteen at JF where you can eat or are you able to around the uni campus too??

Original post by Unconventional.
Are there lifts in halls? I'm on the fourth floor of Ragdale if that makes a difference. I'm just thinking about how awkward it would be to move all my stuff in if I have to go up and down stairs though I'm sure I'd manage nonetheless haha.

There was a lift in the hall I saw so I'm guessing there is in all of them :smile:

Retro.spex
There was a lift in the hall I saw so I'm guessing there is in all of them :smile:

- Iron
- Ironing board
- Washing powder/liquid for laundry
- Toilet paper?

I know the ensuite rooms get cleaned once a fortnight...are they hoovered? Or are only the bathrooms cleaned? I hoover my bedroom at home at least once a week because I practically molt....

Also are there kettles/microwaves/toasters supplied in the kitchens of catered accommodation?
Original post by Unconventional.
- Iron
- Ironing board
- Washing powder/liquid for laundry
- Toilet paper?

I know the ensuite rooms get cleaned once a fortnight...are they hoovered? Or are only the bathrooms cleaned? I hoover my bedroom at home at least once a week because I practically molt....

Also are there kettles/microwaves/toasters supplied in the kitchens of catered accommodation?

There was definitely an ironing board and hoover (my mum says there was an iron too), but I'm not quite sure about the washing powder/detergent and toilet paper, but I'm going to ring tomorrow so I could ask them all of this. Also on the FAQ thing it says that the fortnightly clean is mainly for your bathroom (so we clean the rest) and "Public areas are to be kept clean and tidy by all residents. You will be assisted by domestic staff on a once a week basis." I'm guessing by public areas they mean the kitchen/lounge area right?
There was definitely an ironing board and hoover (my mum says there was an iron too), but I'm not quite sure about the washing powder/detergent and toilet paper, but I'm going to ring tomorrow so I could ask them all of this. Also on the FAQ thing it says that the fortnightly clean is mainly for your bathroom (so we clean the rest) and "Public areas are to be kept clean and tidy by all residents. You will be assisted by domestic staff on a once a week basis." I'm guessing by public areas they mean the kitchen/lounge area right?

If you do then let me know. I keep meaning to call up but I'm always busy and/or forget! -.-

Yes, they mean kitchen/lounge areas are cleaned for us.

Thanks for all the help!
Reply 668
Ah okay, that makes me feel better :tongue: It's in the FAQ on the website, they've got some pretty blunt answers! Would you be able to tell me whether it's just the canteen at JF where you can eat or are you able to around the uni campus too??

You'll only be able to eat your paid for meals at your halls' canteen, JoFo in your case, but they will keep behind food for a bit after closing time if needs be. There are plenty of places to eat on campus but I'm afraid you will have to pay for them.
Can anyone tell me how much stock you should put on reputation by halls?

People seem to say GMS is a total party hall, JoFo is less social, and Beaumont somewhere in between. Tbh i'll be fine if GMS is a total mash-up depending on who i meet, but from people's descriptions beaumont sounds more me.

I'd assume it might turn into a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy if people look up what people have said and choose by reputation.
Reply 670
Original post by Tridentus
Can anyone tell me how much stock you should put on reputation by halls?

People seem to say GMS is a total party hall, JoFo is less social, and Beaumont somewhere in between. Tbh i'll be fine if GMS is a total mash-up depending on who i meet, but from people's descriptions beaumont sounds more me.

I'd assume it might turn into a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy if people look up what people have said and choose by reputation.

Not a huge amount. You can end up with a totally anti social block in Lasdun and have a block of party animals in JoFo, it depends on the people in them. The reputations make certain situations more likely in each hall but hardly guaranteed.
Reply 671
Original post by roh
Not a huge amount. You can end up with a totally anti social block in Lasdun and have a block of party animals in JoFo, it depends on the people in them. The reputations make certain situations more likely in each hall but hardly guaranteed.

You've essentially guaranteed in my head that Beaumont Block 7 is to be crazyyy from what you've said to me before. Your head is on the line mate! :colone:
Reply 672
Original post by Wreemo
You've essentially guaranteed in my head that Beaumont Block 7 is to be crazyyy from what you've said to me before. Your head is on the line mate! :colone:

Haha, was my year, but could have just been my presence :colone:

Nah, those 2 blocks are generally very sociable because of their size and layout and there's always someone to go out with. Craziness probably does depend a bit on the year group though, you'll have to make sure you set a good example :wink:
Reply 673
Hello guys,

So I got my unconditional offer for my postgraduate Marketing course and I am about to submit my accommodation application.

I would prefer an ensuite room (standard+ or premium) so my choices (based on price) are:

1.Opal Court (Standard + Ensuite) £118.37
2.The Grange (Premium Ensuite) £124.60
3.Opal Court (Premium Ensuite)£129.50

While I'm pretty sure about my 1st choice i would like additional info about The Grange. Is it popular among postgrad students like opal court or not?

So are my choices correct? I am also aware that i cannot apply for Standard Ensuite Room in Nixon Court because those are mainly served for students with health problems.

And what about The Summit? Is it available for University Of Leicester students?

Thanks in advance!

Cu around!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 674
Anyone staying in filbert village? :biggrin:
Reply 675
Does anyone need accomodation, for students going to either University of Leicester or DMU???
Reply 676
Hey guys, just got my accommodation in tutor rooms at GMS? Anyone have any idea where and how the rooms are?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by NikosT
Hello guys,

So I got my unconditional offer for my postgraduate Marketing course and I am about to submit my accommodation application.

I would prefer an ensuite room (standard+ or premium) so my choices (based on price) are:

1.Opal Court (Standard + Ensuite) £118.37
2.The Grange (Premium Ensuite) £124.60
3.Opal Court (Premium Ensuite)£129.50

While I'm pretty sure about my 1st choice i would like additional info about The Grange. Is it popular among postgrad students like opal court or not?

So are my choices correct? I am also aware that i cannot apply for Standard Ensuite Room in Nixon Court because those are mainly served for students with health problems.

And what about The Summit? Is it available for University Of Leicester students?

Thanks in advance!

Cu around!

Hey!!

Just thought I'd message you to to let you know I'm pretty sure the Summit doesn't have rooms left anymore.
Hi just wondering if anyone has looked into or booked a room at the city block accommodation in town?
For those looking to buy an Arriva Bus Pass:

https://m-ticket.arriva.co.uk/csp/arrivanat/dt.interface.shop.cls

This discount code is valid for the time being, it'll take off £35 so I'd say it's worth getting: 82275117

Hope it helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending