The Student Room Group

Women can seem to have more than one persona...confuses me

I don't know if you women feel the same of men. It's like, sometimes a woman can appear beautiful and sincere, and other times just removed, like she has become something else shallower. And it seems like there's not what you romanticise, if I just go off at a tangenr here, that it's predictable, that people are calculating, cynical, cold.

Scroll to see replies

Bi polar people do as well.
I think it's possible you're talking about human emotions....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Women are just more emotional ok.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
It's because they're all ****ing mental, son.
I am a woman who lives with her boyfriend. He has mood swings in which one day he's completely fine, smiley, happy and just a good guy to be with, and then he has times when he's stressed, irritated, and whines a lot.

I think it's human nature to have more than one personality. People aren't as consistent as Hollywood would make it seem.
Reply 7
All interesting people do.
Reply 8
Original post by Sheldor
I think it's possible you're talking about human emotions....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, not in that sense. I just mean that people can seem more vapid and shallow and deeper at other times, regardless of other emotions. Like you could love them sometimes and not others, like they could care, and then they couldn;t care.
Reply 9
This will be a good read.
Original post by Chillaxer
Nah, not in that sense. I just mean that people can seem more vapid and shallow and deeper at other times, regardless of other emotions. Like you could love them sometimes and not others, like they could care, and then they couldn;t care.

I take it you mean "shallow" to be uncaring and "deep" to be caring?

I'll even go on to assume that by "caring" you mean giving you attention and "uncaring" is giving you the impression that they want you to **** off?

People can't constantly have their "caring" switched on. Just be thankful that you're straight and attracted to women, because they're likely to be "caring" more times than men are.

Edit: whoopy doo I'm being sexist. Cry some more and neg me some more.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dragonfly07
I take it you mean "shallow" to be uncaring and "deep" to be caring?

I'll even go on to assume that by "caring" you mean giving you attention and "uncaring" is giving you the impression that they want you to **** off?

People can't constantly have their "caring" switched on. Just be thankful that you're straight and attracted to women, because they're likely to be "caring" more times than men are.

It's more of an abstraction than that, based on how people can seem, not necessarily ones you are intimate with. I don't mean attention so much as sincerity really. No, by caring and uncaring I just mean that, feeling and unfeeling. Shallow and deep is slightly different, I suppose it's linked for me to sincere or insincere.

It's all part linked to my fantasies of romance I guess.
It's more of an abstraction than that, based on how people can seem, not necessarily ones you are intimate with. I don't mean attention so much as sincerity really. No, by caring and uncaring I just mean that, feeling and unfeeling. Shallow and deep is slightly different, I suppose it's linked for me to sincere or insincere.

It's all part linked to my fantasies of romance I guess.

Not sure what you mean there. You said at first that you're not talking about intimate things and then you said it's linked to romance.

Either way it doesn't matter. No one is always "sincere" (e.g. businesspeople or people who deceive other people into having sex with them), and no one is always "feeling" (I assume you mean "emotional"?).
Original post by Anonymous
Not sure what you mean there. You said at first that you're not talking about intimate things and then you said it's linked to romance.

Either way it doesn't matter. No one is always "sincere" (e.g. businesspeople or people who deceive other people into having sex with them), and no one is always "feeling" (I assume you mean "emotional"?).

Well, I meant I wasn;t talking about personal relationships of mine so much as abstracted observation of the world, seen throught he prism of the media too, as we all do whether we admit it or not. But I meant my desire for beauty, truth, sincerity, is linked to my search for romantic love.
Original post by samaaf
Women are just more emotional ok.

Tbh I wish they were about me one time. I'm not some minger honestly, or a horrible person. It'd be nice if a woman I thought was great was moved by me too, that'd be amazing. Admittedly I haven;t made huge attempts or been that bothered about it, this is off the top of my head.
Reply 15
Tbh I wish they were about me one time. I'm not some minger honestly, or a horrible person. It'd be nice if a woman I thought was great was moved by me too, that'd be amazing. Admittedly I haven;t made huge attempts or been that bothered about it, this is off the top of my head.

Well obviously you just haven't found the right woman for you. Someone will find you just as great, maybe more so.

Reply 16
Original post by samaaf
Well obviously you just haven't found the right woman for you. Someone will find you just as great, maybe more so.

That's very kind. I don't think it ever happens mutually like that, with equal keeness two people in love and both excited by the other. Be good though.

Make up your mind Chillaxer, are you judging women or humanity? Maybe it is that you expect a woman to be a certain way and you create an image around who she should be, but when you find she doesn't fall at your feet, she has a mind of her own you get angry and create a thread about women in general. Maybe she realised that you didn't see her as an individual.

And I'd say it was you who are shallow if you expect people to only have one facet.

Ah TSR's daily woman hating thread. And they say woman don't have to face sexism anymore. TSR really does have a problem with women.
Reply 18
Original post by SophiaKeuning

Ah TSR's daily woman hating thread. And they say woman don't have to face sexism anymore. TSR really does have a problem with women.

So true.
Original post by concubine
All interesting people do.

what if all their personas are really boring? :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending