The Student Room Group

Lost my passport out.

As the title says im pretty sure i lost my passport out somewhere. Do i need to report it as missing or anything? I don't reall know what to do now haha, someone help?

Scroll to see replies

Report it to the police station, though they will probably just file a lost item report. Then contact IPS and get a new passport. The old one will be cancelled automatically by them, so maybe you should wait a while and see if you find it/someone returns it (though this will depend on whether you have listed contacts at the back in the event of loss).
Reply 3

Thankyou ! does it matter if you dont know your passpt number?
Reply 4
Original post by Jonah Ramone
Report it to the police station, though they will probably just file a lost item report. Then contact IPS and get a new passport. The old one will be cancelled automatically by them, so maybe you should wait a while and see if you find it/someone returns it (though this will depend on whether you have listed contacts at the back in the event of loss).

Why wouldi need to report to the police if itslost? not stolen
Reply 5
Call the home office?
Reply 6
Original post by Zeegie
Call the home office?

I did but theyre shut !!!!
(this was sarcasm wasnt it?)
Original post by GPH92
Why wouldi need to report to the police if itslost? not stolen

Aside from the fact it's better to be on the safe side, you never know when you might need documentary evidence to support your claim that your passport was lost. I work with passports and deal with diplomatic missions, and they get very pissy about these things.
Reply 8
Original post by GPH92
I did but theyre shut !!!!
(this was sarcasm wasnt it?)

No I actually meant it! Forgot it was new year's day lol so they'd be shut but yeah I genuinely meant it!
Reply 9
Original post by Zeegie
No I actually meant it! Forgot it was new year's day lol so they'd be shut but yeah I genuinely meant it!

Why? lol isnt that a bit extreme, online it just says to fill in a form lol
Reply 10
Original post by GPH92
Why? lol isnt that a bit extreme, online it just says to fill in a form lol

I'm normally pretty extreme lol
Reply 11
Original post by GPH92
As the title says im pretty sure i lost my passport out somewhere. Do i need to report it as missing or anything? I don't reall know what to do now haha, someone help?

very simple solution ! If you think you have misplaced it at home , then turn over the whole house. if you think outside then immediatley report it to your local police station and nearest high commision office. ( thats what the passport actually advises and it is written in it, that you do this). British passport are worth a lot of money and people overseas will pay in excess of 10 grand for a legitamate one, to attempt entry into the UK. If someone succeeds on your passport ( and this does happen) ,then you are going to have to prove you wernt a participant or never sold it to them. it will be even worse if they have connection to extreme groups, so be smart report it to your local police ASAP.

worth paying the fee for another replacement (at most £70)then going through a lot of hassle.
Reply 12
Original post by I-I
very simple solution ! If you think you have misplaced it at home , then turn over the whole house. if you think outside then immediatley report it to your local police station and nearest high commision office. ( thats what the passport actually advises and it is written in it, that you do this). British passport are worth a lot of money and people overseas will pay in excess of 10 grand for a legitamate one, to attempt entry into the UK. If someone succeeds on your passport ( and this does happen) ,then you are going to have to prove you wernt a participant or never sold it to them. it will be even worse if they have connection to extreme groups, so be smart report it to your local police ASAP.

worth paying the fee for another replacement (at most £70)then going through a lot of hassle.

whats a high commision office? okay ill report to the police tomorrow.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
contact the embassy and tell them straight away to cancel it. fraud can happen , never kno
Reply 14
Original post by RYRK
contact the embassy and tell them straight away to cancel it. fraud can happen , never kno

What ? im not abroad... why woud i cntact an embassy
Reply 15
I lost mine over a year ago, thought it'd turn up around the house somewhere but it hasn't so far. How should I go this? Simply apply for a new passport and state I lost my old one or?
Original post by Swanbow
I lost mine over a year ago, thought it'd turn up around the house somewhere but it hasn't so far. How should I go this? Simply apply for a new passport and state I lost my old one or?

State you lost the old one.
Reply 17
Original post by SirMasterKey
State you lost the old one.

Cheers man, much appreciated. Will probably get one when loan goes through soon.
Reply 18
Original post by Swanbow

Well im going to report it as missing to the police... and you have to fill in a fom online stating its lost and then reapply fo a new one
Reply 19
Original post by Swanbow
Cheers man, much appreciated. Will probably get one when loan goes through soon.

OMG some people do not realise the value and importance of a passport, seriously contact them and report it lost, although they may quizz you on why you left it this long , but be honest. it aint like a driving license. if someone enter on your passport, for ill means, you are screwed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending