The Student Room Group

Different passport number for IELTS and UCAS

So I finished my IELTS exam a few weeks ago and I just found out that the passport I used for that expires in 2026. If I submit to UCAS with that passport, I would have to come back to renew my passport. I don't want to do that. So if I renew my passport now, it will have a different number to that on my IELTS. Will that be an issue?
Original post by mw321
So I finished my IELTS exam a few weeks ago and I just found out that the passport I used for that expires in 2026. If I submit to UCAS with that passport, I would have to come back to renew my passport. I don't want to do that. So if I renew my passport now, it will have a different number to that on my IELTS. Will that be an issue?

Are you aware that you can renew your passport abroad, usually via the consulate of your own country? Bypassing this problem altogether.

P.S.: you have to submit your application by 6.00PM GMT on Wednesday, so you don't have time to renew your passport anyway before then, unless your country has some truly magical processing times that I can only dream of!
(edited 2 months ago)
It's straightforward to provide unis with your new passport number at the point at which they start preparing your CAS. They'll send you an email to check over your details.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending