The Student Room Group

Lost my passport out.

Scroll to see replies

That's deep.

I hope it manages to filter through to the police, or better still, make sure you cancel it ASAP.
Reply 21
Original post by GPH92
whats a high commision office? okay ill report to the police tomorrow.

probably the home office. thats the term used in the passport, so i just quoted it to you. go to direct gov online and look at their advice. just follow it through.
Reply 22
Original post by GPH92
What ? im not abroad... why woud i cntact an embassy

ok , then let the Identity and Passport Service known as soon as you can. they will deal with this problem. they can call you back , heres the link https://www.gov.uk/report-a-lost-or-stolen-passport
Reply 23
Original post by I-I
OMG some people do not realise the value and importance of a passport, seriously contact them and report it lost, although they may quizz you on why you left it this long , but be honest. it aint like a driving license. if someone enter on your passport, for ill means, you are screwed

Do I still need to report it missing if the passport had already expired? I should have really reported it earlier but didn't realise I lost it for quite a while, and then hoped it would turn up somewhere in the house but after quite a few major searches nothing has surfaced :/
Reply 24
Original post by RYRK
ok , then let the Identity and Passport Service known as soon as you can. they will deal with this problem. they can call you back , heres the link https://www.gov.uk/report-a-lost-or-stolen-passport

Im doing it now
Reply 25
Arghh on the form it states that I need to put down where I lost it at, if I knew that then it wouldn't be lost in the first place would it?
Reply 26
Original post by Swanbow
Arghh on the form it states that I need to put down where I lost it at, if I knew that then it wouldn't be lost in the first place would it?

just say the town.
Reply 27
Original post by Swanbow
Do I still need to report it missing if the passport had already expired? I should have really reported it earlier but didn't realise I lost it for quite a while, and then hoped it would turn up somewhere in the house but after quite a few major searches nothing has surfaced :/

yes you probs should to be on the safe side, expired passports have the top corner cut at a 45 degrees angle. as for the where you lost it, just say somewhere outside other than your house.
Reply 28
Original post by I-I
yes you probs should to be on the safe side, expired passports have the top corner cut at a 45 degrees angle. as for the where you lost it, just say somewhere outside other than your house.

It says year ofissue, im notsure i think it was 2008, but not 100% what do i do?
Original post by tehforum
just say the town.

Original post by RYRK
Reply 29
Original post by GPH92
It says year ofissue, im notsure i think it was 2008, but not 100% what do i do?

well just say 2008 and write unsure , if you can if not just say 2008.
Reply 30
im concerednow i feel like crying
Reply 31
can anyone make me feel some-whatly better? this whole situation has got me so concerned :frown:
Reply 32
:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending