The Student Room Group

Am I misreading him?

I've been going to the local library to do school work and would often see this guy there again and again. I would just sit by myself but I noticed that each week he'd gradually move closer to where I sit (not meant to sound creepy). I thought maybe it was just a coincidence because I don't get a lot of male attention but one day he asked me what I was revising for. I was revising physics and so we were just talking about that for a bit but the woman at the desk told us to be quiet so we had to stop.

I was there the next day doing work again and then he passed me a note saying 'want to go for a coffee break?' and he winked at me (I will admit, I did find that a bit creepy). But I guess he was just joking about not being allowed to talk rather than him flirting with me? Anyway, I said yeah because I thought why not...

We spoke about things that I've never properly discussed with others before like literature and philosophy and places we'd like to travel to. He seems very cultured and I think our personalities really do mesh well. I would even go as far as saying I was flirting with him a bit and I don't really know what constitutes to that nowadays because I could have been asking for him to give me some sugar (for my drink) and people would interpret that wrong...

Anyway, as we were leaving he said he'd really enjoyed speaking to me and had loaned out some books he recommended for me which I found really sweet. The first was To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee (which I've already read but I didn't say), the second was Life of Pi by Yann Martel and the third was a book on Kama Sutra, which I sort of blushed at but said thanks for them all anyway.

I have two questions:
1. Do you think suggesting the Life of Pi is an indicator he may ask me to see the film with him?
2. Do you think he was being cultural or suggestive with the last recommendation? I don't really know what to make of it to be honest...
Reply 1
He definitely likes you. Just mirror him and show you appreciate his gestures, and he'll keep going with the chase.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I've been going to the local library to do school work and would often see this guy there again and again. I would just sit by myself but I noticed that each week he'd gradually move closer to where I sit (not meant to sound creepy). I thought maybe it was just a coincidence because I don't get a lot of male attention but one day he asked me what I was revising for. I was revising physics and so we were just talking about that for a bit but the woman at the desk told us to be quiet so we had to stop.

I was there the next day doing work again and then he passed me a note saying 'want to go for a coffee break?' and he winked at me (I will admit, I did find that a bit creepy). But I guess he was just joking about not being allowed to talk rather than him flirting with me? Anyway, I said yeah because I thought why not...

We spoke about things that I've never properly discussed with others before like literature and philosophy and places we'd like to travel to. He seems very cultured and I think our personalities really do mesh well. I would even go as far as saying I was flirting with him a bit and I don't really know what constitutes to that nowadays because I could have been asking for him to give me some sugar (for my drink) and people would interpret that wrong...

Anyway, as we were leaving he said he'd really enjoyed speaking to me and had loaned out some books he recommended for me which I found really sweet. The first was To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee (which I've already read but I didn't say), the second was Life of Pi by Yann Martel and the third was a book on Kama Sutra, which I sort of blushed at but said thanks for them all anyway.

I have two questions:
1. Do you think suggesting the Life of Pi is an indicator he may ask me to see the film with him?
2. Do you think he was being cultural or suggestive with the last recommendation? I don't really know what to make of it to be honest...

Last recommendation sounds kind of suggestive to me but only he really knows :rolleyes: You obviously like him, your first question sounds like a good plan of action in terms of progressing with him why not ask him to go see it with you?
He recommended Kama Sutra? :pierre:

"The Kamasutra is the bible of sex positions."
Source: http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/relationships/album856252/sex-positions-kamasutra-sex-positions-0.html
Reply 4
Original post by Lucia.
He definitely likes you. Just mirror him and show you appreciate his gestures, and he'll keep going with the chase.

Thank you for your advice.

Original post by Dhaden
Last recommendation sounds kind of suggestive to me but only he really knows :rolleyes: You obviously like him, your first question sounds like a good plan of action in terms of progressing with him why not ask him to go see it with you?

Ok, I'll see if I enjoy the book and then analyse it with him, and see where it goes from there.

Original post by placenta medicae talpae
He recommended Kama Sutra? :pierre:

"The Kamasutra is the bible of sex positions."
Source: http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/relationships/album856252/sex-positions-kamasutra-sex-positions-0.html

That's why I was so confused. But it says on wikipedia that it's 'not just an exclusive sex manual' but it also discusses 'the nature of love, family life and other aspects pertaining to pleasure oriented faculties of human life'. I guess I'll read it just in case there's anything he wants to discuss.
Reply 5
One more thing, make sure you're both clear on what you're after and don't do anything with him that makes you feel uncomfortable.
Reply 6
I would say the probability of this being a troll is greater than being a genuine person, but in case they are just very naive:

They want you.
Reply 7
Original post by Lucia.
One more thing, make sure you're both clear on what you're after and don't do anything with him that makes you feel uncomfortable.

I will bear that in mind :smile:

Original post by ForKicks
I would say the probability of this being a troll is greater than being a genuine person, but in case they are just very naive:

They want you.

You're making me blush :colondollar:
(in seriousness I'm not very good at reading social situations which is why I had to ask). Thank you for your responses
Original post by Anonymous

I have two questions:

lmao I've heard this line been used by PUAs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending