The Student Room Group

Student loan/finance with ILR

Hi, I’ve been living in the UK for 8 years now and I have indefinite leave to remain and a biometric residence permit card , does this mean I have to pay international school fees? Because I did a fee status questionnaire with Northumbria university and they said I am going to be paying as an international student.
Original post by ruururuukkyyyyy
Hi, I’ve been living in the UK for 8 years now and I have indefinite leave to remain and a biometric residence permit card , does this mean I have to pay international school fees? Because I did a fee status questionnaire with Northumbria university and they said I am going to be paying as an international student.

In my experience, as someone with ILR who has lived in the UK for a long time as well, I have always been classed as a home fees student. Although sometimes they initially class me as an international fee paying student until I complete a fee status questionnaire which is always a bit of a faff.

I would double check you completed the questionnaire correctly (and hadn't misread a question or similar) and fully (that you didn't miss out a previous address or date of entry or something) and if it was correctly and fully completed, ask the uni to explain why they have classed you as an international fee paying student.
Original post by artful_lounger
In my experience, as someone with ILR who has lived in the UK for a long time as well, I have always been classed as a home fees student. Although sometimes they initially class me as an international fee paying student until I complete a fee status questionnaire which is always a bit of a faff.

I would double check you completed the questionnaire correctly (and hadn't misread a question or similar) and fully (that you didn't miss out a previous address or date of entry or something) and if it was correctly and fully completed, ask the uni to explain why they have classed you as an international fee paying student.

Ok, thank you.
Original post by ruururuukkyyyyy

Hi, if you have indefinite leave to remain then you'd be classed through us a home UK student and not an international student. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending