The Student Room Group

Would get into a definitely-ending relationship?

Say hypothetically you have met someone who you're absolutely 100% sure is your perfect partner/better half/'soul mate' etc.

Would you be willing to get into a relationship with them, knowing that you're definitely going to break up in 18 months?

Is it worth the heartache of a break up? Or would you just let it slip.
Original post by tamimi
Say hypothetically you have met someone who you're absolutely 100% sure is your perfect partner/better half/'soul mate' etc.

Would you be willing to get into a relationship with them, knowing that you're definitely going to break up in 18 months?

But if your 100% sure they are your soul mate/perfect partner etc, why would you break up with them in 18 months? Or if they are your soul mate like you say, wouldn't you guys not break up at all?
I said this before. It's not everyday you find someone who makes your world a better place.
You should enjoy it while you have her, treasure her and live every moment like it's your last. Then part on good terms come the time or try and keep it going.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Yes, because I wouldn't be thinking that far into the future and I don't expect any relationships I get into to last for the duration of my adult life.

Better to have had a decent relationship for those 18 months, than to have had nothing because you were too scared of something that is far too common in practically all the relationships you will ever have.
Reply 4
Yes, I would, but I'd also try to figure out a way to be with them after 18 months. I find it hard to believe it'd be impossible.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
All relationships end one day, remember "till death do us part"; that is, if the inevitable affair in your boring work-centric middle age or your wife letting herself go after bearing three children don't come first :teehee:

Anyway, standard advice: http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/62650.html
Depends. If they're going to die or something else that would be no fault of their own, yes. If they fall out of love with me etc, no.
Reply 7
Why would you be breaking up in 18 months anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't get with someone if I planned to break up again in 18months, I mean I know you can't predict the future but if I did intend to break up with them down the line, I wouldn't see the point getting into it in the first place.
Original post by tamimi

If, knowing that by some freak accident or unexplained circumstance, out of my control, I would definitely have to leave that person, I would take a week, let alone 18 months of being with them.
Why would you end in 18 months? :lolwut:
I would give it a go.

I ended my first relationship because of distance, and a second one might end for the same reason--but the experience itself and the lessons learned are invaluable, and it's part of what makes life the crazy-yet-beautiful mess it is...it's the icing on the cake, and what makes things adventurous and weird...in a good way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending