The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Congrats to everyone with offers, you all really deserved it! Commiserations to all those who were rejected - I'm sure you'll all go on to have stellar careers, no matter which university you end up at.

I've been pooled by TH, but I'm not fancying my chances.
Original post by Silverland
Postie outside =o

Good luck bro :smile:
Let me know when you find out. I've been cast overboard by them for physical natsci :frown:

Out of interest, does anyone know if you can tell, from your pool letter, if you've been auto pooled or like pooled with recommendation?

Well done everyone with offers though, I guess I'm lucky I still have a chance to join you!
Reply 122
Original post by Star-girl
Offer for Maths (with Physics) at Selwyn - A*A and 1,1 in STEP II,III!!

:eek3: :bubbles: :dance:

Congrats!! Letter or email?
Offer for Maths (with Physics) at Selwyn - A*A and 1,1 in STEP II,III!!

:eek3: :bubbles: :dance:

Congrats!
Can we get a reaction gif thread going?

My personal reaction as my letter was read to me:
Any one got offers from corpus?

People with geography offers which colleges?
Come Sidney Sussex Wake up :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 127
Not all the witty thread titles in the world can abate a storm when it chooses to rain.
I talk of ambition as a scholar's parrot may talk Greek, having learnt it but not truly understanding the conditioning it has had; Blind to the words and letters that form from as clouded clues its mouth.

It seems the river of life for me flows in another direction. A far more hazy one with many more an obstacle.
I like to think I was able to make this thread and leave an impression on it, as I need not come back to it any longer.

It has been an enjoyable journey, but the bitter taste is less as much bitter than burned. Having been rejected previously, I thought this would hurt the less, but in hindsight I realise that was rather foolish of me. The first cut is the deepest, but the second hurts more as it is acting on a wound itself.

Best of luck all who will be at Cam. You are the true, true winners.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by teazone
I'm sure you got in! You probably wowed them at interview. So don't lose faith!!!:biggrin: Have you got any other offers yet?

Not for medicine, but an offer from Glasgow for Biomedical Engineering
Reply 129
Ahhhh I'm absolutely bricking it!!! I may just put my hand through the mail box to grab the post of the postman quicker :colone:
Anyone else applied for architecture at Kings???
Original post by Oboe1994
YEAHMANNNN xD

See you in October, fellow gap-year-ite. :sexface:

Original post by Lost And Confused
Awesome :smile: Well done!
Which college?

King's
Original post by Guanpeng Lv
Come Sidney Sussex Wake up :biggrin:

That come was supposed to be come on...

Original post by Oromis263
Unconditional.

Current emotions:

OMG WELL DONE!!!!
which college?
Reply 133
Original post by ukdragon37
Didn't know you were applying :tongue:

But congratulations, of course, if you feel it is in order.

Thanks, an offer is an offer so it's cool. I guess I'll be spending the next few months working out how to smash STEP then. :tongue:

Original post by Lord of the Flies
Congrats!! We'll be sure to work you hard on the STEP thread so you might those conditions! :colone:

Thanks, congrats on your offer BTW. :biggrin:

Congratulations! :biggrin: Holy moly, though! :wtf::lolwut:

Thanks. Still waiting on the postie? I never even heard mine come... he ninja'd in and out about an hour ago.

Original post by TheMagicMan
Trin?

Original post by Guanpeng Lv
Double S in step? That's seems to be a rejection :biggrin: Kidding of course l, congrats!

Original post by Stray
Ouch. That's like "You are the beneficiary of a million pounds and a unicorn. To collect it just climb barefoot to the top of this mountain, and then roll a six with this unbiased di when you arrive."

May the force be with you.

(Are you by any chance applying after a gap year, or do you have any other peculiarity that would encourage an S,S offer?)

Quirky little mature college. :tongue: My application/interview was good (I thought) so maybe it is the couple year gap.
Not all the witty thread titles in the world can abate a storm when it chooses to rain.
I talk of ambition as a scholar's parrot may talk Greek, having learnt it but not truly understanding the conditioning it has had; Blind to the words and letters that form from as clouded clues its mouth.

It seems the river of life for me flows in another direction. A far more hazy one with many more an obstacle.
I like to think I was able to make this thread and leave an impression on it, as I need not come back to it any longer. It has been an enjoyable journey, but the bitter taste is less as much bitter than burned. Having been rejected previously, I thought this would hurt the less, but in hindsight I realise that was rather foolish of me. The first cut is the deepest, but the second hurts more as it is acting on a wound itself.

What happened to your avatar? You've lost your soul.
Reply 135
Need help - do you think I should call in to ask the decision ? I'm an international and post will take another week at least.
Reply 136
My postman has been...
No post for me!!
How wonderful. My application probably wasn't worth a reply haha :tongue:
Congrats to everyone with offers!!!
Original post by Oromis263
Unconditional.

Current emotions:

Well done :smile: you deserve it :biggrin: I guess that confidence Arva had was justified :tongue:
Reply 138
Original post by mondegreen
AHHHH, just got an offer for History!!! Can't stop crying or shaking! Time for me to collapse in a champagne-induced stupor, methinks.

Good luck to all of you waiting to hear, and those of you in the pool. I SO hope that it's good news for all of you :')

And a win for my favourite geeky username in the thread! (also an Only Connect question...) Champagne-induced stupor will be good practice for May Week, though you may wish to practice your sleep deprivation-induced stupor and your slumped-under-a-desk-with-a-bottle-of-vodka-induced stupor for Week 5...

Original post by mimx
S,S for STEP.

Weep for me now, gentlemen.

Oof. Better than a rejection, I suppose, but that's harsh. Which college?
(And while obviously you don't want to slack off, if you get S, 1 or 1,1, you'll probably get pulled out of the summer pool or accepted by the college anyway, so it's not as much of a lost cause as it probably sounds :P)
Reply 139

*******s to that, go have fun and don't commit from stress after second year! Anyone who thinks less of you because you didn't go to Cambridge is a prat.

Latest

Trending

Trending