The Student Room Group

Too late to think about uni 2013?

Hi guys,

I have decided I would like to go to uni in September as a mature student (27). I noticed the application deadline is Jan 15th and none of the uni's seem to have any open days left because presumably school leavers are thinking about this months ago.

Basically, would it be wise to choose a uni without doing an open day visit?

I don't want to wait until september 2014 to go to uni!!

thanks

jason
Reply 1
Original post by jase85
Hi guys,

I have decided I would like to go to uni in September as a mature student (27). I noticed the application deadline is Jan 15th and none of the uni's seem to have any open days left because presumably school leavers are thinking about this months ago.

Basically, would it be wise to choose a uni without doing an open day visit?

I don't want to wait until september 2014 to go to uni!!

thanks

jason

Many people apply to universities without visiting their open days for a variety of reasons. There is no harm in applying for 2013 entry to universities based on the information available online & talking to current students. :smile:
Reply 2
thank you, that is encouraging!!:smile:
You would need to get a reference sorted in time, and a personal statement normally takes the most time but other than that it doesn't take very long to complete the application.

I only visited one of the unis I applied to beforehand and I'm happy with my choices :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending