The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jackkkkk
Subject: Psychological and Behavioural Sciences
College: Corpus Christi
Outcome: Offer
Conditions: Unconditional
How did you hear? Letter
How do you feel? So happy, the gap year was worth it!!

Exactly my feelings right now. :smile: Sometimes gambles can pay off. Relieved now. I have some friends at Corpus, it's a lovely wee college! :biggrin:
Reply 441
I have recently found out my predicted grades don't even meet the conditions for a standard offer :frown: surely that is my chance down the drain? What sort of emphasis do they place on predicted grades? Mine are AAA
Reply 442
Original post by SimonAmsterdam
I am afraid that if they don't send it tonight, then we will have to wait for the entire weekend. So that means...

THREE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS!!!

I simply refuse to think that way!
Wow, completely regret coming onto this thread :frown: any other hapless medics for St Catharine's?
Original post by Meg94
I received an offer for physical natural sciences at Emmanuel today! :h:

Awesome, well done :biggrin:
Original post by RTI11

It might be better/faster to just take the first flight to the UK and collect the letter personally.
Original post by RTI11

Can you not ask via. Email?
Original post by Powerfrau
I have an offer from Magdalene for Linguistics!! AAAAH! (Which is similar to my conditions- three As and an A* not two... :K:) Very very happy right now.

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!! Linguistics party? :yay:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, I knew you'd get in!!! :smile: (I totally wasn't the one who voted for you in the applicants' game. :ninja:)

It seems we'll get to visit both the Magdalene and Newnham formals after all. :biggrin:

Oh, and I'll start the Linguistics party with this site: http://people.ds.cam.ac.uk/bv230/courses.htm It has actual course content on it! :eek: :biggrin:
Reply 448
Original post by Sarr
Any Selwyn English applicants heard yet? I'm on the train back from Cardiff so I don't know if it's even been delivered yet!

I heard this morning, much to my disbelief that Selwyn could be organised! :biggrin: Got an offer of A*AA.

I'm not sure if we met on the 10th or not by the way, but I was the guy with brown hair and in a suit at the back of the exam hall.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Appeal to reason
Currently wishing maths did auto pooling.

Same here! Wondering whether there was anything more I could have done in the 25 minutes of interview :tongue: :confused:
Shall I be seeing you at Warwick then? :biggrin: :woo:
Trying to decide between there and Durham myself now :tongue: Weighing the difference between lovely countryside/location and awesomeness of course.
:beard:
Reply 450
Original post by Sharpeyj
I have recently found out my predicted grades don't even meet the conditions for a standard offer :frown: surely that is my chance down the drain? What sort of emphasis do they place on predicted grades? Mine are AAA

Mine were A*A*B - I got an interview (for Linguistics) but found out this morning that I didn't get in, it might be because of that predicted B (in french). I got AAAC at AS level but wanted to carry on the C (in French) and so dropped one of the A's. This might be part of the reason why I didn't get an offer, but it depends on what subjects the predictions are in I guess.
Reply 451
Original post by xoxoyayz
suree!! but im glad to know that im not the only catz law that hasnt heard haha

I also applied for law at st. catz and havent heard anything either .. are you an international or a UK applicant ?
Original post by Meg94
I received an offer for physical natural sciences at Emmanuel today! :h:

:woo: Looks like you Emma NatSci's are going to have to be the welcoming hosts. :colone:
Reply 453
Original post by Rob_9595
I heard this morning, much to my disbelief that Selwyn could be organised! :biggrin: Got an offer of A*AA.

I'm not sure if we met on the 10th or not by the way, but I was the guy with brown hair and in a suit at the back of the exam hall.

Oooh congrats! My letter has arrived, mum says it's really thin, what was yours like?

I saw you but I don't think we spoke, congratulations again!! :biggrin:. Aaaah, another 2 hours until I can open the blooming thing!
Original post by apj
any internationals who were interviewed in their country and have received an email yet?

and someone wake up sidney

No, am still waiting for their email.. THE WAIT IS AGONIZING. :frown:
Reply 455
Original post by maggie.k
I also applied for law at st. catz and havent heard anything either .. are you an international or a UK applicant ?

international! i think we've sort of spoken in the law thread
Original post by bíborcsiga
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! :smile:
Being pooled from King's is not a bad position to be in!

Hey! :biggrin:
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR OFFER!!! (Sorry, I forgot to mention it when I saw it)

Thank you! :smile: But I met the auto-pooling criteria so I'm not really sure whether they genuinely liked me or whether they were just obligated to pool me. I'm thinking it's the latter but ah well, I have no way of knowing either way and we shall soon know what the final outcome will be.
Meanwhile, I must get down to some revision and focus on how much I love UCL. :tongue:
Hello from the Oxford thread (yes, we love you guys really)!

Just popping in to say that our thoughts are with you i.e. half of us are stalking your threads. :wink: Congratulations to all those who have got offers and commiserations to those who haven't made it. Tons of good luck to everyone who's still waiting!
Reply 458
Guys quick question, do all offers for medicine say preclinical medical studies for three years?

cheers.
Reply 459
Original post by ConnorM
Mine were A*A*B - I got an interview (for Linguistics) but found out this morning that I didn't get in, it might be because of that predicted B (in french). I got AAAC at AS level but wanted to carry on the C (in French) and so dropped one of the A's. This might be part of the reason why I didn't get an offer, but it depends on what subjects the predictions are in I guess.

Ahh, sorry to hear that! I'm sure you'll have a great time and be successful at another uni somewhere! And hmmm I applied for natural sciences, with 3 science subjects carried on to A2. I just don't think my teachers were willing to predict anyone A*s but who knows! I'd still be aiming for A*s but I don't know if I will get them.. It would be interesting to see if anyone with lower predictions got an offer

Latest

Trending

Trending