The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by EdTong
Wow Congrats!!! Physical or biological? And was it by email?

Physical, by post :smile:
Original post by Nyolg
Anyone heard from Pembroke Phys. NatSci?

Pooled :frown:
Reply 742
I've been pooled. Weirdly pleased to be honest, didn't think I'd get this far.
Still, the wait continues.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WJRA
Kind of... its frustrating but i'll wait it out. I liked Caius quite a lot when I was actually there for visits and interviews but it seems to be far less cooperative than other colleges - letters don't arrive on time (not necessarily their fault i'll admit), admissions office closes over the weekend and refuses to email decisions out. I guess i'm just being really impatient.

I do really like Caius as a college, but I just wished that they were more cooperative. Do you think are letters were actually posted out on the 3rd because it does seem suspicious that several UK applicants on here have not got there letter. And if indeed they were not, is there any guarantee that we will find out on Monday?
Reply 744
Original post by ss06
I do really like Caius as a college, but I just wished that they were more cooperative. Do you think are letters were actually posted out on the 3rd because it does seem suspicious that several UK applicants on here have not got there letter. And if indeed they were not, is there any guarantee that we will find out on Monday?

Who can say? Caius did post on their Facebook page that letters were sent 1st class on the 3rd but i'm also skeptical because they should be here by now. I hope letters arrive on Monday but to be honest I doubt they will. It seems our best hope for a quick response is being pooled and getting fished by another college over the weekend.
I got a letter today and it's an offer ^_^ Just for BA, but always...
Original post by WJRA
Who can say? Caius did post on their Facebook page that letters were sent 1st class on the 3rd but i'm also skeptical because they should be here by now. I hope letters arrive on Monday but to be honest I doubt they will. It seems our best hope for a quick response is being pooled and getting fished by another college over the weekend.

I suppose if it doesn't arrive by Monday then we can e-mail?
Got an offer!!!!!!!!!! So bloody relieved. It's my first offer so at least now I have something to work towards.:biggrin: Medicine at Fitzwilliam
Original post by I_am_an_idiot
I got a letter today and it's an offer ^_^ Just for BA, but always...

Original post by SaltWivDemChips
Got an offer!!!!!!!!!! So bloody relieved. It's my first offer so at least now I have something to work towards.:biggrin: Medicine at Fitzwilliam

Congratulations!
Original post by ss06
Congratulations!

Original post by Tianci
St Catherine's is almost as bad. I haven't got any reply yet either

I know how you feel about Catz. But we'll know our fates come Monday. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 751
Original post by ss06
I suppose if it doesn't arrive by Monday then we can e-mail?

Worth a try but they aren't currently replying to UK requests because of the international backlog. Providing they clear that on Monday then they might be willing to send an email copy to you. Hopefully you'll get a letter then anyway.

If you don't mind me asking, what score did you get on the BMAT?
Reply 753
Original post by ConnorM
I also got a rejection - strange that we're both Connor M's haha

They're discriminating against Conor Ms everywhere!
Reply 754
Original post by Allahu Akbar
Pooled :frown:

Post/e-mail?
Reply 755

Congrats!!! Are you international or from UK?
Reply 756
Original post by ss06

I heard of both a successful Caius economics and a medicine applicant (I applied for economics), so I guess they might have already informed offer holders whilst not caring too much about the rejects, or is that theory absurd?

Getting a bit scared right now...
Reply 757
Original post by Pandin
I heard of both a successful Caius economics and a medicine applicant (I applied for economics), so I guess they might have already informed offer holders whilst not caring too much about the rejects, or is that theory absurd?

Could well be true but Caius were rubbish at sending out interview invites so i'm hoping its just poor organisation again. Haven't seen any successful (or unsuccessful) Caius English applicants yet though :smile:

Its also possible that we've been pooled and haven't heard yet although i'm told the other colleges can start contacting people who have been fished after 3pm today. Who knows maybe we'll get a phone call soon :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Nyolg
Anyone heard from Pembroke Phys. NatSci?

I'm going swimming :cool:
Original post by Pandin

I've seen some people on here who have been rejected by Caius so that theory doesn't work. I've not seen anybody pooled by Caius as of yet so maybe that?

Latest

Trending

Trending