The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
bio nat sci - thanks! it just seems a little redundant if they pooled me and then fished me... gahhhhhh! i'm international so i won't get any form of letter for like another week probably so maybe they sent me a pool letter? I dunno... what's your subject?
Original post by saskiey
bio nat sci - thanks! it just seems a little redundant if they pooled me and then fished me... gahhhhhh! i'm international so i won't get any form of letter for like another week probably so maybe they sent me a pool letter? I dunno... what's your subject?

I have applied to maths and I am an international applicant as well. So yeah It also takes ages for me. When was your interview? I thought natsci and maths were on the same day, right? 11th, wasn't it?
Original post by fox1151
There's one for NatSci's, if you're not already in it?

Link me?
Original post by Jell-O
No I did not. Since the acknowledgement pack I received states that international applicants will only get their emails earliest on the 4th, so i din really dare to email them knowing how busy would they be at this hour. :/

Hi! i am an international student applied to Emma too! No Replies! :frown:

What country are you from and what course did you apply to?
Reply 984
Original post by medicinefrantic

You need to email them and request a decision by email. I'm an international applicant to Emma as well; I did so a few weeks ago and got my email first thing on the 4th.
Original post by lkc2508
I applied to Clare for music and I still haven't heard anything! So this is somewhat reassuring. It's so frustrating as well because you can see on here that lots of people have heard from the music department/college. I feel your pain!

Ooh, I applied to Clare for music too! I'm really really hoping to hear from them today, so if I don't I think I'll finally muster up the courage to email them and ask. I have a feeling I might get pooled (if they don't reject me), but honestly I just want to know!
Reply 986
Original post by medicinefrantic

I'm from Malaysia and I applied for Econs! I guess we have to email them to request to have our decision sent to us via email, as lots on TSR have said. :smile: I just sent mine yesterday, hoping to get good news when the office reopens today. Send yours too! :smile: and Best of luck!
Original post by Oboe1994
Hmmm my friend's already been rejected for Clare Music, are you waiting on post? And good luck! Apparently there were 22 applicants for Clare this year (!) ( that's a lot for music at least :tongue: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, really? Oh dear I don't know if I stand a chance at all now D: (I applied for Music at Clare too.)
Original post by LAstudent
You need to email them and request a decision by email. I'm an international applicant to Emma as well; I did so a few weeks ago and got my email first thing on the 4th.

Hi Thanks so much! what did you apply for? and which country r u from?
I am from sg. Hopeful med student.. but chances seem super low :frown: and thanks! i just sent an email over a few mins ago!

duno whether to hold high hopes or not though..
Original post by Jell-O
I'm from Malaysia and I applied for Econs! I guess we have to email them to request to have our decision sent to us via email, as lots on TSR have said. :smile: I just sent mine yesterday, hoping to get good news when the office reopens today. Send yours too! :smile: and Best of luck!

Ahh! icic all the best to you too! i just emailed them a few mins ago! I am from Sg btw! approx the same timeline i suppose!

Shall keep checking emails after 5pm... Gosh... i dun think i should hold high hopes.. given that its Cambridge

Millons of thanks :smile: gosh and I really wish you good luck :smile:
Reply 990
Original post by freegladelancer
Ahh, really? Oh dear I don't know if I stand a chance at all now D: (I applied for Music at Clare too.)

Don't worry, the pool's meant to stop that mattering :smile: but seriously it's like double the number of last year which is kind of odd...
Original post by freegladelancer
Ooh, I applied to Clare for music too! I'm really really hoping to hear from them today, so if I don't I think I'll finally muster up the courage to email them and ask. I have a feeling I might get pooled (if they don't reject me), but honestly I just want to know!

Hi, I'm a Clare applicant too, and was e-mailed my decision? Are you international by any chance - I am and I had contacted admissions giving them my 'holiday' details, hence why they probably e-mailed me my decision on the fourth. So perhaps you could e-mail them to ask if they could e-mail you your decision? Hope this helps :smile: And good luck!
Hi, I'm Fitz applicant, I have not till this moment decision (letter or e-mail). I'm so nervous. I hope the positive answer will come soon ! :smile:
Has anyone from Catz (especially those who applied for law) received their emails yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 994
Hi everyone,

I applied to read Natural Sciences (Physical) at Churchill College. I'm from Malaysia and I have yet to receive anything (not an email or a physical copy of the letter) from the college. I think my college started sending out letters on the 3rd, so I'm hoping it will reach within 3-4 days. I sent an email in to ask for a scanned copy of my letter but the admissions staff said that they're currently busy supporting the applications in the Pool and said that if I still haven't received the letter by the end of next week, they will send me a scanned copy. Does this in anyway imply that I have gotten a rejection? Any advice will be well appreciated! :smile:

JY
Original post by jysim123
Hi everyone,

I applied to read Natural Sciences (Physical) at Churchill College. I'm from Malaysia and I have yet to receive anything (not an email or a physical copy of the letter) from the college. I think my college started sending out letters on the 3rd, so I'm hoping it will reach within 3-4 days. I sent an email in to ask for a scanned copy of my letter but the admissions staff said that they're currently busy supporting the applications in the Pool and said that if I still haven't received the letter by the end of next week, they will send me a scanned copy. Does this in anyway imply that I have gotten a rejection? Any advice will be well appreciated! :smile:

JY

Greetings from a fellow Malaysian! :smile: I'm in the same boat as you are. I applied to St. Catharine for Law and I haven't heard any news regarding my application. Apparently Catz has already sent out the decision letters via post, so it'll reach those international applicants sometime within the week. But I emailed the admissions officer requesting her to send me a scanned copy of my decision letter, and I'll be receiving it later today. Just because you've heard nothing from your college doesn't mean you've been rejected. So don't worry about that. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 996
No letter from Caius still. Hopefully they'll listen to my request for an email.
Original post by WJRA
No letter from Caius still. Hopefully they'll listen to my request for an email.

yup..postman just didnt turn up today. this is becoming a bit of a joke...
Reply 998
Original post by Christopher Lee
yup..postman just didnt turn up today. this is becoming a bit of a joke...

I just sent an email to them but the auto-response which the admissions office sends out seems to suggest that they still won't take email requests.
Reply 999
Original post by AlexandraSophia
Greetings from a fellow Malaysian! :smile: I'm in the same boat as you are. I applied to St. Catharine for Law and I haven't heard any news regarding my application. Apparently Catz has already sent out the decision letters via post, so it'll reach those international applicants sometime within the week. But I emailed the admissions officer requesting her to send me a scanned copy of my decision letter, and I'll be receiving it later today. Just because you've heard nothing from your college doesn't mean you've been rejected. So don't worry about that. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi!
It's good that your college is giving you your decision email so quickly! My college is still quite active in the Pool and they have to pioritise the applicants who got pooled and fished out. You have my very best wishes! :smile: I hope to hear from them soon - the waiting is taking a huge toll on me, I just want to hear from them ASAP come what may. I came to that conclusion because I thought if I really got an offer they'd want me to hear from them earlier... Should I insist on getting a scanned copy from them anyway?

Good luck to everyone else who have yet to receive any replies or are pooled and fished out for interview! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending