aah, okay, why?

English letters don't have accents? :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ipoop
Jerry is a baws!

That'd good to hear, it was good, Cirque du Soleil at the Royal Albert! :teeth:

Eyes hurt? They had lasers? :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really; but there was so much smoke I could hardly see. T'was good, though. :yep:
What's Cirque du Soleil? :redface:

Original post by L'Evil Fish
^ :hand: who remembers...

Courage the Cowardly Dog?

:mmm:

That show made my childhood. Ah, memories :tongue:
^:five:

Original post by ipoop

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, as in why do we use it?lol
^Accents are supposed to assist with pronounciation :dontknow:

Original post by ipoop

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some words we borrow from French keep their accents though. For example, "Déjà vu" is the correct way of writing it in English. There we could kind of say we use accents in English :smug:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by The Epicurean

Some words we borrow from French keep their accents though. For example, "Déjà vu" is the correct way of writing it in English. There we could kind of say we use accents in English :smug:

not the actual accent :lol:

Why is is in the sentence :tongue:
Reply 4005

As you said, words borrowed from FRENCH. :hand: They may be used in the English language, they are still French. You can take the word away from France but you can't take away the French out of the word.:smug:

Hide your smugness, it has been exposed as misplaced, nd not ethical. :pierre:

^:five:
No, as in why do we use it?lol

What zed said but, there's also grammatical reasons for them. For 'a' alone you have 'a', 'à' and 'â'. I can't remember why but I know when to use them. Ask your teacher. :dontknow: or google it, I'm sure you'll find a valid explanation, a better explanation than what I would have given you.:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ipoop
As you said, words borrowed from FRENCH. :hand: They may be used in the English language, they are still French. You can take the word away from France but you can't take away the French out of the word.:smug:

What zed said but, there's also grammatical reasons for them. For 'a' alone you have 'a', 'à' and 'â'. I can't remember why but I know when to use them. Ask your teacher. :dontknow: or google it, I'm sure you'll find a valid explanation, a better explanation than what I would have given you.:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I mean, the grammar of it... Don't worry :lol:

Je trouverai pourquoi avant je retourne
What's from in French? Like:

He came from...
I've returned from...
Etc.
Reply 4008
Venir. :smile:

Je viens de....

Je reviens de...

Return - retour

Je suis de retour de mon voyage en France. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
not the actual accent :lol:

Why is is in the sentence :tongue:

I would have thought "Because they are French" would have been a sufficient answer :pierre:

Original post by ipoop

That is silly though -_- Because if we follow that logic, most French words descent from languages like Latin and Greek. Therefore stop trying to claim Latin and Greek words for yourself :hand:
Original post by ipoop
Venir. :smile:

Je viens de....

Je reviens de...

Return - retour

Je suis de retour de mon voyage en France. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

venir = to come from?

What's reviens?:tongue:
Reply 4011
I would have thought "Because they are French" would have been a sufficient answer :pierre:

That is silly though -_- Because if we follow that logic, most French words descent from languages like Latin and Greek. Therefore stop trying to claim Latin and Greek words for yourself :hand:

That may be but we have asserted our grammatical rules and changed the spelling of the words based on our pronouncing of the words - although many silent letters do feature. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4012
Original post by Rosa Arabelle
Not really; but there was so much smoke I could hardly see. T'was good, though. :yep:
What's Cirque du Soleil? :redface:
That show made my childhood. Ah, memories :tongue:

Ah, I see, last year I saw Foster The People and they had a lot of smoke. :yep: The smoke, it burns. You were close to the stage then. Cone to think of it, I don't think I've ever been to a gig that didn't have some sort of smoke on the stage. :erm:

It's a circus performance act. Jubilant stuff, really entertaining. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
^ oooh I love Cirque du soleil!!
^I have no idea what Cirque du soleil is :emo:
Reply 4015
Original post by ranbow99
^ oooh I love Cirque du soleil!!

:five: Have you watched any of it live? :ahee:

^I have no idea what Cirque du soleil is :emo:

:console:
Original post by ipoop
:five: Have you watched any of it live? :ahee:

Yeah, a few years ago now, would love to go again :moon:
Reply 4017
Original post by ranbow99
Yeah, a few years ago now, would love to go again :moon:

Well I watched Kooza. :awesome: And Algeria is in London in July. :teeth: I don't think I'll go though. :sad:
Le match devient effrayant... :colonhash: j'espère l'équipe gallois gagnera... :redface:
Original post by ipoop
Well I watched Kooza. :awesome: And Algeria is in London in July. :teeth: I don't think I'll go though. :sad:

The Epicurean
x

I can't remember which one I saw :emo: I didn't realise there were so many

But lol, there is one called Zed :mmm:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zed_(Cirque_du_Soleil)

Latest