The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone been on the snowsports trip before or going this easter?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by JoannaMilano
What does the reception actually involve? I assumed that it was the time when people took photos and stuff but I want nice daytime photos, not standing-in-bedford-way photos.

My parents would pay the money, so it's not that. I'd just feel so guilty making them do so. My mum's already told me that all she cares about is getting some photos of me in a gown, and celebrating. Will have to sound out my dad about whether he actually wants to watch the ceremony. I don't want to miss the fun end-of-uni times with my friends, but I'm loathe to UCL any more money on principle.

Just eating dodgy canapés and drinking champagne in a makeshift tent in cloisters. Bit crowded in there so not much else.

Last year their portrait photography client set up a studio in 114 Foster Court - that biggish lecture room. Don't think they checked wristbands on the way in, but not sure if they cross check photo records to see who's paid for the ceremony.

I actually missed the deadline out of miserable procrastination believing I wouldn't get the grade I wanted, and in typical 'me' fashion paid straight away the next day anyway. I ended up going to a different ceremony, which made the day a bit boring as I knew nobody there. I find it funny how you get allocated a ceremony, pay a day late for it and then have to be squeezed into a different one. Surely if the room was there for you, it still is? Anyway my folks insisted on going since none of them went to uni themselves, my mum especially was ridiculously excited, so I suppose I didn't have the dilemma.
I'm not looking forward to getting my essay marks online. I dont know why, but somehow for me clicking on a page to see the mark is more nerve-wracking than collecting an envelope!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i think i'm just gonna skip it until after i've handed in next terms essays cos if i get bad marks i'll lose all my confidence
Anyone getting a bursary received theirs yet?
Reply 2484
Original post by Noodlzzz
Anyone getting a bursary received theirs yet?

Not got mine either! Mine was really late last term too, I had to keep chasing them up. Looks like I'll need to ring them again...
Reply 2485
Yeah, I got my bursary last Wednesday (so a few days late). My flatmate was still waiting for hers last I heard.

Got a 70 in my essay, still in shock.

I got two 70s yesterday, still thinking it's only a dream or a mistake...
Reply 2486
Anyway, I'm pretty annoyed with current referenda. Both questions are structured in the way "Do you agree with A, B, C and D?", so if I don't agre wth at least one thing, I have to vote "No" even though I may like the others. Referenda shuld be made as brief as possible, because the entire students body cannot make ammendments.
Mark releasing has been an absolute farce. Got emailed a few days ago saying two of the marks would be released a day late, so none of them got released at all until then. Then two marks (one that was originally delayed and another) are "delayed" again, thus far indefinitely. I'M DYING HERE.
Philosophy have been assess too.
yep philosophy - one of my marks will be in "early next week at the latest", no news on the other. bit of a joke really. also a massive mess right now in terms of mental health so it's not helping - skipped my class yesterday and my personal tutor does the class so i don't know how to broach the subject of "i haven't done any of your work" with him.
Reply 2490
when will ssees/selcs/language centre release their goddam exam timetables kak kak kak
Reply 2491
Quick question amigos, where do the post grad students tend to live?
Original post by T0p Cat
Quick question amigos, where do the post grad students tend to live?

You're not housed in student accommodation so anywhere really.
Original post by Noodlzzz
You're not housed in student accommodation so anywhere really.

Non-EUs are generally, but home students tend not to be. So yeah, anywhere!
Hi
Reply 2495
I know they aren't housed but I was just asking in terms of area. North of Camden I suppose?
Original post by T0p Cat
I know they aren't housed but I was just asking in terms of area. North of Camden I suppose?

Wherever you want. Where are you living now?
Reply 2497
Original post by Mother_Russia
Wherever you want. Where are you living now?

Leeds, but I don't fancy the commute daily :biggrin:
Original post by T0p Cat
Leeds, but I don't fancy the commute daily :biggrin:

Ah.

So, you're not a Current UCL Student, as the thread title suggests?
Reply 2499
Original post by Mother_Russia
Ah.

So, you're not a Current UCL Student, as the thread title suggests?

No I just decided to use the opportunity to ask a question that had gone unanswered elsewhere. I will go ahead and file you under "Stick firmly lodged up backside"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending