The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm very against someone with a tan dating someone pale.
Reply 2
Why would any accepting and non-bigoted person have a problem with it? If it's two consenting adults of any age, race, sex, gender etc I don't see why anyone would care or has a right to care, to be honest.
Reply 3
Nope, nothing wrong with it. 2013 and all, enough of this race stuff. :colonhash:
Original post by TheBigGeek
Why would any accepting and non-bigoted person have a problem with it? If it's two consenting adults of any age, race, sex, gender etc I don't see why anyone would care or has a right to care, to be honest.

Agreed. I know quite a few people who say they would never date outside their own race for one reason or another. I find it quite odd.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I think it's perfectly acceptable, and should be seen and respected as any other relationship. Unfortunately of course that doesn't mean it is seen and respected like any other relationship.
Doesn't matter even slightly, people fancy who they fancy, if that person is of a different race then so be it.
I'm white and I fancy a mixed race guy. I definitely don't see any problems with interracial relationships.
I'm the product of one, so yay
Yay. Personally prefer people of a different race to me, tend to be more attracted to them actually!
Reply 10
YAYYYYYYYY :woo:

Interracial relationships are cool :biggrin: One of my close friends is in one right now (She's tamil, and he's chinese). They're so cute.

Plus the guy I happen to like also happens to be South Asian :colondollar:
Original post by R4INBOW
YAYYYYYYYY :woo:

Interracial relationships are cool :biggrin: One of my close friends is in one right now (She's tamil, and he's chinese). They're so cute.

Plus the guy I happen to like also happens to be South Asian :colondollar:

well. i disagree with them.
Oh, it's this thread again.
Reply 13
Original post by United4prem
well. i disagree with them.

ok :erm:
Original post by R4INBOW
ok :erm:

Because it means you;re prone to self hatred.
interacial marriages are proved to fail. some of the highest divorce rates come from them. Many men just use women of other races too and settle down with a woman of their own race. i see it all the time.
The only legitimate argument against inter-racial marriage is one I stumbled upon when looking at the NHS website, for bone marrow donation (and I guess organ donation as well)

They mentioned that only 1.2% of Black/Asian's donate bone marrow, and mixed race children are harder to find matches for, if they ever need an organ, as it's not like blood where every one just fits in to one group, but you have to match by ethnicity as well.

I'd like to say that I don't give a damn about what people do, and I'm for mixed race marriage, but if you want to go for legitimate arguments, the above really is the only one

EDIT: Here's a link:
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/1250001-against-this-boys-chances-of-finding-a-bone-marrow-donor-1994098.html

I did see it on the NHS as well, but I can't find that any more
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Daisymydarling
I'm just wondering how people feel about interracial relationships. Personally, I've never been in one however I don't see anything wrong with them. What are your views?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

"Interracial relationships"? :confused:

What the hell is this - the 1960s? Apartheid South Africa?

I thought the big issue now is gay marriage and whatnot?

"Interracial" relationships - the hell??

Sometimes I marvel at what year it is...
I had a friend once who married outside of her race and it didn't work out (I met her at a refuge - she was abused by her husband and her family didn't help her because they didn't approve of the marriage in the first place). She told me to never date outside of my race because it never works with the families of the people involved.

If she could only see me now. :frown:
Most well suited couple of my age group I've known are interracial.

Its 2013! not 1013.

Latest

Trending

Trending