The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A relationship: yay!
Reply 21
I don't see why there would be any problem with it. I've never thought of it this way but I suppose I'm in an interracial relationship as I am white British yet my boyfriend is from a Greek background. I don't see how a race can determine how well two people get along and how much they love each other?

Plus...mixed race children are generally beautiful :sogood:
Original post by United4prem
Because it means you;re prone to self hatred.

Erm no it doesn't.
Original post by United4prem
interacial marriages are proved to fail. some of the highest divorce rates come from them. Many men just use women of other races too and settle down with a woman of their own race. i see it all the time.

Oh do be quiet.

This is 2013. I can't even believe that people still attempt to make a "case" against interracial relationships.

Please, do hop back on the train to the 1950s.
I wouldn't do it, simply because I find guys within my own race to be the most atractive to me. Nothing wrong with that. But if someone else was attracted to a person in another race, that's really not a problem. :s-smilie: I don't understand why it would be.

The only legitimate arguments could be huge cultural differences, or the bone marrow/organ donation argument. But that's it.
Original post by Dragonfly07
I had a friend once who married outside of her race and it didn't work out (I met her at a refuge - she was abused by her husband and her family didn't help her because they didn't approve of the marriage in the first place). She told me to never date outside of my race because it never works with the families of the people involved.

If she could only see me now. :frown:

Ergo, this presupposes that with a certain skin colour comes a certain culture - which is nonsense.

If a black person is born in China, raised in China and speaking Chinese and cemented within Chinese society - whilst he is not ethnically Chinese, he's certainly culturally Chinese. Just an example to show you how negligible "race" is.
Reply 26
Yay. Being Oriental and liking white girls I would love to be in one myself. White girls aren't into Oriental guys though. :frown:
Seriously, I marvel at how this can even be talked about as if it's still something strange and alien.

We have touch screens, probes, satellites, Google glasses, over 7 billion humans, dipping religious populations etc etc and "race" is still an issue - or at least made out to be?
Original post by Mr Smurf
Yay. Being Oriental and liking white girls I would love to be in one myself. White girls aren't into Oriental guys though. :frown:

That's really not true. Don't be phased by generalizations.
Original post by Id and Ego seek
A relationship: yay!
Its that desperate is it? :tongue:

I am mixed race, so I'm fine with it. As for others, I don't care what other people do in their relationships, why is it any of your business? Consenting adults is all that matters.
I don't see anything wrong with it!
Reply 31
No, I'm very against them. I hate it when a person who runs the 100m dates a marathon runner - it makes me sick.
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
I wouldn't do it, simply because I find guys within my own race to be the most atractive to me. Nothing wrong with that. But if someone else was attracted to a person in another race, that's really not a problem. :s-smilie: I don't understand why it would be.

The only legitimate arguments could be huge cultural differences, or the bone marrow/organ donation argument. But that's it.

Firstly, your mention of "huge cultural differences" is worthy of a large facepalm. Such mentioning presupposes that with skin colour comes a certain culture. This is silly. I don't see a random White guy and then expect him to be culturally British.

Secondly, your mention of bone marrow/organ deviates from the matter at hand: namely, interracial relationships, not interracial marriage and reproduction.
I really could not care about what anyone else does, as long as they're happy and not hurting anyone else. If you find a person/people of a certain colour more attractive or get along with them more, why does it matter (as long as you're not discriminating against anyone)?
Why would they ever be "wrong"? This isn't the 1950s :s-smilie:
Reply 35
Original post by HumanSupremacist
That's really not true. Don't be phased by generalizations.

When do you ever see a white girl with an Oriental boyfriend? I have never.

It doesn't mean that no white girl would like an Oriental, or would not be open mined enough to go out with one...
Reply 37
Original post by charlesn202
It doesn't mean that no white girl would like an Oriental, or would not be open mined enough to go out with one...

It's not just about being open minded. It's also about whether or not you find a certain type attractive and in my experience white girls just don't find Oriental guys attractive.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by doggyfizzel
Its that desperate is it? :tongue:

Are you asking me out?

OK, maybe I've seen such once or twice - I've seen black guys with white girls or chinese girls much more frequently, mind you.

However, I really can't see how a white girl would be turned off by a good looking Oriental guy - certainly, the skin colour will at least not be a minus (like dark skin tone could be for some).

Latest

Trending

Trending