The Student Room Group

Has anyone started revising for Summer exams?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by J.Nalbandian14
At GCSE, I never touched any textbook, took any important notes down, read outside my subjects, paid attention, cared about my subjects or even know what the word 'revision' even means. Infact, I didn't even know what GCSEs and ALevels were and that I had exams ahead.

Now, at ALevel, I've transformed and it's kind of like a totally new me. I'm now managing 5 hours of work a week.
is is exactly me mate then hardly any thing but now january results making me crack on..
Original post by MalteseMalteser
Started revision a week ago and after receiving my results yesterday am now going full-steam ahead with revision.

I'm getting all of my revision material ready so that I don't have to prepare it all come May/June. I have 7 exams this June and 6 of those are essay-based subjects requiring a lot of quotes to memorise. To top it all off, I have two days where I have two exams on each day so it makes last-minute revision for the latter exam that day all the more harder.

I'm currently doing about 2-4 hours a night and aim to maintain this all the way through to exams, but I'm still having my own 'downtime' i.e. I still play videogames for a couple of hours and go to work at weekends. But revising now is seriously helping me remember some of the things that I'd have previously forgotten had I left revision to a later date.

am in the exact same position,7 exams and two on one day twice,which exams you taking?
Original post by samuelsupress
am in the exact same position,7 exams and two on one day twice,which exams you taking?

OCR A2 Economics Units F584 (resit), F585
Edexcel A2 Government and Politics Units 3 and 4
OCR A2 Classics: Ancient History: Ancient Rome (unit 3), Athen's rise to power (unit 4).
AQA AS Maths MPC2 (resit)

From what I can tell, Economics F585 and Politics Unit 3 will fall on the same day (04/06/13), and Economics F584 and Classics: Ancient History (unit 3) will fall on the same day (11/06/13).

Which exams are you taking?
I do economics.

i have you done unit 1 and unit 2 exam yet? need help on them
OCR A2 Economics Units F584 (resit), F585
Edexcel A2 Government and Politics Units 3 and 4
OCR A2 Classics: Ancient History: Ancient Rome (unit 3), Athen's rise to power (unit 4).
AQA AS Maths MPC2 (resit)

From what I can tell, Economics F585 and Politics Unit 3 will fall on the same day (04/06/13), and Economics F584 and Classics: Ancient History (unit 3) will fall on the same day (11/06/13).

Which exams are you taking?

ahh that is a struggle.
I am taking
aqa econ1(Resit)
aqa econ 1
edexcel history-Russian paper
edexcel history-British
aqa law01
aqa law-02(resit)
Original post by sickofeducation
i have you done unit 1 and unit 2 exam yet? need help on them

I'm an A2 student and I did both of those last year, so any questions you have just fire away :smile:
ahh that is a struggle.
I am taking
aqa econ1(Resit)
aqa econ 1
edexcel history-Russian paper
edexcel history-British
aqa law01
aqa law-02(resit)

That sounds like a struggle too! I was debating whether to take law but decided against it - kinda wish I'd taken law now
is is exactly me mate then hardly any thing but now january results making me crack on..

Yeah I guess it's rather common now, good luck with your exams. Like, at GCSE, I don't think I realised that the exams we did were real and important that would even be significant in determining the future. I thought they were just those annual tests you do, like how we always did assessments at the end of years 7,8 and 9. Not like my school explained to me, also the reason why some of my GCSE choices were bad too. Why I selected GCSE German and Geography. I have no idea? Although I managed to miracously do well in both. Now, at ALevel, no more jokes, no more fun, laziness, negligence or stupidity. Just, straightforward work and study.
Anybody else always feel really motivated in the morning to revise later, but when they get home just can't find any effort to do anything? This describes me at the moment.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

I've not even finished my dissertation!

But thanks for the laugh :')
Reply 130
LZS
OP
Original post by YThursday
Anybody else always feel really motivated in the morning to revise later, but when they get home just can't find any effort to do anything? This describes me at the moment.

Yes, that's me exactly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not a case of 'revising'... More a case of 'learning for the first time'.
Original post by Pink lipstick
Starting at 19:30 and not looking back. My results were terrible but i want to be in uni by september so i'm giving it my all from now.

Same.
I've been making revision notes as I go along, but definately gonna start revising properly soon.
What revision techniques do you all use?
Reply 135
Check this thread out for revision tips
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2185709
Original post by LZS
Curious to know how many people have started revising, I need to start soon, I have too many exams :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im doing GCSE and i Started as soon as I got my results. Need to step it up a bit, and push myself to get at least As in in Chem, Physics and French, and at least a B in Computing. Also aiming for an A* in English and Classics.
The earlier you revise the better you do!
Original post by YThursday

Yeah me too
Reply 138
Without a doubt! I NEED to get good grades, the more revision I do, the better!
I'm an A2 student and I did both of those last year, so any questions you have just fire away :smile:

im really struggling on ow to answer the long mark question, mu main problem is how to evaluate dat always brings my mark down, any tip on wt points to you to evulate?

Quick Reply

Latest