The Student Room Group

Geography Extended Essay

I had a talk about EE today and I'm really stuck on what to do for it. I want to to geog at uni and am interested in anthorpology and human geography. a

Any ideas?!
Reply 1
Hi, I'm in year 13 and am hopefully going to do geog at uni.

I did my EE on geog, comparing two different locations in terms of urban environment, transport etc. sounds pretty boring but was really good in terms of getting primary research etc.

Don't know how helpful that would be to you but I remember how hard it was to decide! Let me know if you need any more help :smile:
Good luck!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Thanks thats great! :smile:
Reply 3
is this the aqa extended project?
am not 100% sure on what anthropology is about but i had a friend who did one in how peoples cultures and ways of life/traditions etc varied around the world - maybe you could link that to human geography by saying for example in china they have a strong work ethic etc so are growing rapidly, however in the UK work ethic is declining as jobs are moving away and say how it effects peoples day to day lives? or using the example of africa saying perhaps about lack of contraception and the way females are viewed means they have a very youthful population compared to the UK perhaps.
not sure if that makes sense but hope it helps in some way :smile:
good luck
I wrote my EE on 'What is the influence of the quality of bicycle infrastructure and commuters' age and education on bike share in traffic?". Quite nice to gather primary resources - you just have to count commuters in various locations, collect some surveys. Plus, I've got to creating my own index :wink:
Original post by racheyroo
is this the aqa extended project?
am not 100% sure on what anthropology is about but i had a friend who did one in how peoples cultures and ways of life/traditions etc varied around the world - maybe you could link that to human geography by saying for example in china they have a strong work ethic etc so are growing rapidly, however in the UK work ethic is declining as jobs are moving away and say how it effects peoples day to day lives? or using the example of africa saying perhaps about lack of contraception and the way females are viewed means they have a very youthful population compared to the UK perhaps.
not sure if that makes sense but hope it helps in some way :smile:
good luck

No this is the IB extended essay and is actually hard, whereas the Extended Project is a pisstake anf Anthropology is the study of different cultures.

OP, I'd advise against doing your EE in Geography, as it's a lot of work and I'd advise against doing an anthro one unless you do Social and Cultural anthropology as part of the IB. Do English, it's fairly easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending