The Student Room Group

A Level Resit

Hi Guys,

So today in form time my form tutors was giving out my exam timetable and as I am doing 11 exams they thinking that I may be stretching to thin. These 11 exams that I am doing does include my AS level that i picked up this year. My AS results last year august were kind off bad which I got CDE. In January my A2 exams were poor except for one in which I got a D in but I'm retaking that also. However I do want to change things around and want to get at least BBC. I have started revising since last week with a revision timetable that I am sticking to. Do you think I may be stretching to thin.

Additional Info
5 Resit
4 A2 Exams
2 AS Exams
Reply 1
BUMP
Reply 2
Original post by WorkHardNow

So today in form time my form tutors was giving out my exam timetable and as I am doing 11 exams they thinking that I may be stretching to thin. These 11 exams that I am doing does include my AS level that i picked up this year. My AS results last year august were kind off bad which I got CDE. In January my A2 exams were poor except for one in which I got a D in but I'm retaking that also. However I do want to change things around and want to get at least BBC. I have started revising since last week with a revision timetable that I am sticking to. Do you think I may be stretching to thin.

Additional Info
5 Resit
4 A2 Exams
2 AS Exams

I don't know you or what you are capable of but your teachers do know you and all about your past A level performance. If they think you are stretched too thin I'd be inclinded to listen to their advice. The good thing is that a mix of AS and A2 exams means they should be spread out over a few weeks rather than all at once. Having a revision timetable that starts this early and that you are sticking to sounds promising. What else could you do differently that might boost your chances of success?
Reply 3
What subjects do you do ?
I've done 9 exams last June, even though I had a revision/ exam timetable, I ended up focusing more on the exams coming first (AS), and that was reflected in my grades. (B's at AS modules, D's and E's on the A2modules)
Start your revision from now, stick to it and focus on all modules, do all past papers it will help with exam technique.
Good luck ! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Sorayah
What subjects do you do ?
I've done 9 exams last June, even though I had a revision/ exam timetable, I ended up focusing more on the exams coming first (AS), and that was reflected in my grades. (B's at AS modules, D's and E's on the A2modules)
Start your revision from now, stick to it and focus on all modules, do all past papers it will help with exam technique.
Good luck ! :biggrin:

Thanks =) I'm focusing more on A2 as I am being taught that now and most likely gonna do better in those. May I ask what did you get overall.
Reply 5
Original post by gdunne42
I don't know you or what you are capable of but your teachers do know you and all about your past A level performance. If they think you are stretched too thin I'd be inclinded to listen to their advice. The good thing is that a mix of AS and A2 exams means they should be spread out over a few weeks rather than all at once. Having a revision timetable that starts this early and that you are sticking to sounds promising. What else could you do differently that might boost your chances of success?

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm planning to get a tutor for the subjects that I need the most help in and want to do a revision course such as the Justin Craig courses (not really sure as they are really pricy and after the failure I did last year not sure my parent would allow that). I'm also gonna do past papers every Saturday and Sunday and to consolidate all my revision work. Also will try and take extra classes after school.
Reply 6
Original post by WorkHardNow
Thanks =) I'm focusing more on A2 as I am being taught that now and most likely gonna do better in those. May I ask what did you get overall.

Well I'm resitting A2 year now
When this happened my AS grades from CDD to BCC
Got CCD overall

Now this January I got AACC in my exams
Looking to get BBC+ overall

Quick Reply

Latest