The Student Room Group

What stops a girl fancying a lad ?

If there was a period of a girl fancying a lad, then all of a sudden the girl goes off him, what might be the cause of it? I don't understand female psychology
Reply 1
*a period in which* edit won't work.
Reply 2
Being a 'lad' in the first place is pretty offputting. :/
Reply 3
flatulence
a guy needs to be a tough motha****a if he wants a ho im tellin you
Reply 5
She could have met someone else, or she could have found something about him that she didn't like, or she never really liked him in the first place.
Reply 6
Sometimes it's cockiness, or something they said/did, but usually it's down to the personality of the guy changing, well for me any way :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by kunoichi

I think the OP means lad as in the colloquialism for male rather than a reference to "LAD Culture".

As for your question OP, it can be a number of things, sometimes a personality trait they didn't know about, something they did or said or sometimes people just "go off" others.
Reply 8
hearing lads being bitchy puts me right off
Reply 9
Original post by longman240
I think the OP means lad as in the colloquialism for male rather than a reference to "LAD Culture".

I know, i maybe should have done my post in more of a jokey tone :tongue:
I know, i maybe should have done my post in more of a jokey tone :tongue:

oops, sorry! :cool:
Reply 11
Original post by Tim2341
If there was a period of a girl fancying a lad, then all of a sudden the girl goes off him, what might be the cause of it? I don't understand female psychology

Question in answer:
What does you know about this specific girl, and how she thinks?

Maybe you did something she didn't like or offended her in some way. Maybe she thinks you don't like her. Maybe she wasn't that interested in you in the first place. It could be that she's just friendly with most people, and you like her, so you thought she was into you.

Also, a lot of the time the sorts of guys who say things like "I don't understand the female mind" are the sorts of dudes who girls think are jerks. Girls aren't that mysterious - try to imagine what she knows about the situation, or what she might think of you.
Reply 12
understanding-women-bestselling-book-the-flying-tortoise.jpg
There you are mate , a book to understand women , I still doubt whether you manage to understand them after reading it or not .
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
There are plenty of little things that can make a man unattractive but if she is really into him (which she knows early on), it takes something bigger to really put her off. If you haven't made a major mistake with her, I'd say she was not that interested to begin with.
Reply 14
Time.
Reply 15
Either she changed her mind, she did something to put her off, you didn't move fast enough or she has other options.
Reply 16
maybe she has had a change of hearts
or she has taken to her mind that a relationship might not happen between them, so why bother~
Let me see...
-They've got a girlfriend so the situation is hopeless
-They don't fancy you so the situation is hopeless
-You're going away to uni so nothing can happen
-Found out something that put you off them
-You hideously embarrassed yourself in front of them and avoided them for a few weeks and now your feelings have either gone or are lying dormant for a while

Basically sums up why I stopped fancying people

Oh come on, we're not seriously taking the long term traditional slang for a bloke and applying it to ****wits are we? How long before we can't say 'blokes' because of 'bloke culture'?
uhm:

a) she just got bored
b) the lad did something to upset her
c) she didnt feel attracted to him anymore

i cant think of many other possibilities... we are human you know ,)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending