The Student Room Group

Never had a boyfriend and I'm 19

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
The fact I haven't dated anyone isn't because I'm Christian, although the two facts combined tend to make people assume I'm prudish. I think my situation is fairly normal, I was just curious as to guys would think but didn't want to ask close male friends. Also, no offence, but given that you're not Christian yourself why did you try to advise me on my own religion? Depending on how you interpret Christianity, most of us drink and, yes, some do have sex before marriage (not that I've done this yet).

I never said that being christian is the reason you haven't dated anyone?

BIB Shouldn't be interpreted in such varying lengths.

I can say the same thing that people interpret racism differently, people say they aren't racist yet say horrible things about a certain race. That's racism according to the dictionary definition. Same in Christianity, people may say they're christian yet do things that go against the "dictionary definition" of Christian. (for example)

What i'm saying is don't let society or others dictate your life. If you're a true christian (not saying you aren't) then you should follow Christianity. Don't pick and choose the bits like some people.

And just because i'm not Christian doesn't mean i haven't read the bible or understand Christianity or other religions.
(edited 11 years ago)
Would this put any guys off/make me seen as weird? I'm at uni and I'm reasonably attractive/have a normal social life etc. It's just that I went to a small all-girls school (the parents were pretty strict) and after I got to uni I've been too busy for a relationship though a couple of guys I didn't really fancy have asked me out.

I'm Christian too which seems to give people the impression I'm a prude, though I've obviously made out with guys when drunk in clubs and stuff. I've never slept with anybody either though as I don't do ONS.

Please, i'm 20 this year and single. But i actually enjoy being single. :smile: maybe after the exams. Maybe. ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by Sum Gai
Shouldn't be interpreted in such varying lengths.

I can say the same thing that people interpret racism differently, people say they aren't racist yet say horrible things about a certain race. That's racism according to the dictionary definition. Same in Christianity, people may say they're christian yet do things that go against the "dictionary definition" of Christian. (for example)

What i'm saying is don't let society or others dictate your life. If you're a true christian (not saying you aren't) then you should follow Christianity. Don't pick and choose the bits like some people.

And just because i'm not Christian doesn't mean i haven't read the bible or understand Christianity or other religions.

With all due respect, I have every right to "pick and choose" and exercise my right to self-define as a Christian. Furthermore, the racism analogy is rather irrelevant; the only "dictionary definition" of Christianity (as far as there is one) is believing in Jesus, which I do. Beyond that, nobody can define what a Christian is and isn't.

I'm not sure where you read that Christians shouldn't get drunk - even the Bible mentions quite clearly that wine is "like a blessing and a curse". But like I said we're going off topic, so I'll leave it there :smile:
With all due respect, I have every right to "pick and choose" and exercise my right to self-define as a Christian. Furthermore, the racism analogy is rather irrelevant; the only "dictionary definition" of Christianity (as far as there is one) is believing in Jesus, which I do. Beyond that, nobody can define what a Christian is and isn't.

I'm not sure where you read that Christians shouldn't get drunk - even the Bible mentions quite clearly that wine is "like a blessing and a curse". But like I said we're going off topic, so I'll leave it there :smile:

Of course, i'm not forcing you to change or anything. I'm simply saying it's good to research your religion to clear up any misconceptions you have, don't follow society or a church but do your own research into the "definition" of Christian (there is more than one definition, as you've acknowledge it's not as simple as what you or i have said). The fact that you said "obviously" when referring to clubbing and the things done there shows that you follow society/the norm so that you don't look out of place.

The quote "like a blessing and a curse" backs up my point, the getting drunk part and the curse part that is. The bible condemns getting drunk numerous times both in the old testament and the new testament. Alcohol can be used in medicine, but it's other uses are limited.

But like you say, this is off topic now. And besides, i've finished the essay i was writing earlier so i'm going to go to sleep :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by Guy Secretan
Hey are you a medical student? Also of you are not willing out until after marriage then most guys would just go elsewhere.

Ah no I'd do if before marriage.
I'm 19 I'm the same. I have been on a few dates though thats it.
Ah no I'd do if before marriage.

Well then maybe just meet more guys also probably a lot more girls are in your position than you think especially from an all girls school so just chill out.
Reply 47
Would this put any guys off/make me seen as weird? I'm at uni and I'm reasonably attractive/have a normal social life etc. It's just that I went to a small all-girls school (the parents were pretty strict) and after I got to uni I've been too busy for a relationship though a couple of guys I didn't really fancy have asked me out.

I'm Christian too which seems to give people the impression I'm a prude, though I've obviously made out with guys when drunk in clubs and stuff. I've never slept with anybody either though as I don't do ONS.

OMG this is exactly my situation I'm the same age and went to an all girls school. I haven't had a bf because nobody at uni is really looking for a relationship. But don't worry the right guy will come along, trust me it's not weird at all! Guys just tend to get surprised when girls have never had a bf especially if your attractive..
Reply 48
Omg this is silly ... Too many ppl are in ur shoes. I think you are worrying unnecessarily.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending