The Student Room Group

Is it normal that I did this?

Woke up spooning the boyfriend, with my arm over him, hand resting near his groin. I often get a little turned on when we're really close spooning, so I brushed my hand against his penis, and then he got a semi, so I held and stroked it some more. He kept going soft then hard again, but it sounded like he was still asleep.

I was kind of hoping he would wake up so we could have sex, but he didn't!

Is it normal that I did this whilst he was asleep? And could he get erect from me touching him whilst asleep like that, or would he had to have been at least slightly awake?

Neither of us mentioned it, so I don't know if he just wasnt aware, or if he was but thought it was strange/inappropriate. Not sure if it should be hot that I gave him a mini-handjob whilst sleepy, or if it was an invasion of his privacy?!!!

New to all this sorry!
Reply 1
Personally I am against touching someone whilst they are asleep as they are not in a position to give consent and I wouldn't want anyone to do that to me, but that's just personal opinion. Someone people fantasise about being touched up whilst sleeping, for example, being woken up with a blowjob so I think you and your boyfriend need to discuss boundaries.
Reply 2
Just tell him what happened; if this was my girlfriend I wouldn't mind her bringing the topic up in the slightest. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by dartanoir
Personally I am against touching someone whilst they are asleep as they are not in a position to give consent and I wouldn't want anyone to do that to me, but that's just personal opinion. Someone people fantasise about being touched up whilst sleeping, for example, being woken up with a blowjob so I think you and your boyfriend need to discuss boundaries.

Original post by Aquar
Just tell him what happened; if this was my girlfriend I wouldn't mind her bringing the topic up in the slightest. :smile:

I'd just bit rather worried to do so...felt right in the moment, but once fully awake and having thought about it I don't know if it's weird :/ and as dartnoir said, I wouldn't wanna bring it up that I'd done it if he would then say he found it wrong :/ awwwkwaaaaarddddd!!!!

I've rested my hand 'down there' before whilst spooning but didnt do anything so he didnt get erect, so reckon that's ok, but feel eek about this now!!!!
Reply 4
That he was asleep. And doesn't show any signs of having been aware of what I was doing :/ If he'd have awoken and we'd have had sex then I wouldn't be worried, but the fact it was essentially just me 'playing' makes me wonder if it was wrong of me!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
That he was asleep. And doesn't show any signs of having been aware of what I was doing :/ If he'd have awoken and we'd have had sex then I wouldn't be worried, but the fact it was essentially just me 'playing' makes me wonder if it was wrong of me!

I can say with a degree of certainty that there isn't a man on the planet that would be angered by a female having played with his penis while he was asleep
Reply 6
Yeah, just say after a long chat, 'oh, btw, I was playing with your penis the other night, hope you don't mind'.
Reply 7
I can say with a degree of certainty that there isn't a man on the planet that would be angered by a female having played with his penis while he was asleep

Haha, this reassures me!!
Reply 8
Original post by IWTGBT07
Yeah, just say after a long chat, 'oh, btw, I was playing with your penis the other night, hope you don't mind'.

Lol genuinely I should say it like that, or did you say that because it would be silly to?? i'm so hopeless with all of this! been together over a year and only just starting to feel comfortable in exploring more sexually!!
Original post by dartanoir
Personally I am against touching someone whilst they are asleep as they are not in a position to give consent

slightly different when youre in a relationship though.
Reply 10
I'm sure I'd freak him out if he woke up to that, but hey, I don't know how a guys mind works :P

Depends on how sexual your relationship is. I mean if I just started dating this girl and we have only slept with each other once and then she does this I might be a bit freaked out. But, if I've been together with her for a while and sex is something rather normal, I'd be pleasantly surprised.

I don't think there are many guys who would object to this though.
It's fine, and yes, that can happen when he's sleeping. :tongue: He probably just wasn't aware because he was asleep, whether you tell him or not I doubt he'd care the slightest either way.
Reply 12
Original post by Chr0n
Depends on how sexual your relationship is. I mean if I just started dating this girl and we have only slept with each other once and then she does this I might be a bit freaked out. But, if I've been together with her for a while and sex is something rather normal, I'd be pleasantly surprised.

I don't think there are many guys who would object to this though.

We've been together 18months, so have had sex quite a lot, though we dont do it very often - largely because of me being shy and inexperienced! Hoping it'd be a more pleasant surprise than anything else!

Lol glad you think so, thanks I will.
Reply 13
Original post by yellowcopter
It's fine, and yes, that can happen when he's sleeping. :tongue: He probably just wasn't aware because he was asleep, whether you tell him or not I doubt he'd care the slightest either way.

Ok thanks - perhaps i may do it again if/when im feeling that way inclined lol, instead of telling him!
I'd just bit rather worried to do so...felt right in the moment, but once fully awake and having thought about it I don't know if it's weird :/ and as dartnoir said, I wouldn't wanna bring it up that I'd done it if he would then say he found it wrong :/ awwwkwaaaaarddddd!!!!

I've rested my hand 'down there' before whilst spooning but didnt do anything so he didnt get erect, so reckon that's ok, but feel eek about this now!!!!

In the grand scheme of things, it's not that weird or wrong, at all.

I'd reckon he is impliedly consenting... and, it's kinda cute that you put your hand on his crotch when you're spooning.
Reply 15
I regularly do this to my partner...he doesn't seem to complain about his privacy being invaded :K:

But talk to him anyway, I really doubt he had a problem with it though.
Reply 16
Original post by blue n white army
slightly different when youre in a relationship though.

Not necessarily. Personally I would be really creeped out if my boyfriend started feeling me up or even having sex with me whilst I was asleep. I think it's something you really need to discuss with your partner.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending