The Student Room Group

A lot of people have been telling me I don’t display a normal behaviour.

What does this mean?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
Please don’t bump within 24hrs.

There’s not enough info in the thread title to give a meaningful answer.
Reply 3
Have you been screened for any learning disabilities?
Reply 4
In what way?
Reply 5
Have you asked them to clarify what they mean?
Original post by Anonymous
What does this mean?

:doctor: (or GP) :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Chronoscope
:doctor: (or GP) :smile:

Since when is a GP not a doctor?!
Reply 8
I have borderline personality disorder 😭
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have borderline personality disorder 😭

Try and get DBT
Reply 10
There’s just one thing that’s bugging me

I’ve had 2 fps in my life.
Im a guy. go to uni with my second fp. This relationship ended badly. Only after it did I found out I have bpd and told her. My first fp was in high school, he, did not know I have bpd but it was a typical bpd fp experience. At the time I did not know I have bpd but we both knew there was something abnormal in the atmosphere, for example one thing I only caught up on now is why I would have the typical bpd stare I used to have with him, that I also had with my second fp and only realised this till after I realised I have bpd. Me and my first fp did not go to the same uni. At the end of high school he sent me a long letter on how he hated me and would never see me again after high school etc. do you think it’s worth me telling him I had bpd and he was my fp or should I just leave him behind in the past?
Reply 11
There’s just one thing that’s bugging me

I’ve had 2 fps in my life.
Im a guy. go to uni with my second fp. This relationship ended badly. Only after it did I found out I have bpd and told her. My first fp was in high school, he, did not know I have bpd but it was a typical bpd fp experience. At the time I did not know I have bpd but we both knew there was something abnormal in the atmosphere, for example one thing I only caught up on now is why I would have the typical bpd stare I used to have with him, that I also had with my second fp and only realised this till after I realised I have bpd. Me and my first fp did not go to the same uni. At the end of high school he sent me a long letter on how he hated me and would never see me again after high school etc. do you think it’s worth me telling him I had bpd and he was my fp or should I just leave him behind in the past?

Another thing that’s bugging me is one of my senior lecturers telling me you don’t demonstrate a normal behavior. You don’t demonstrate a normal behaviour…. A normal behavior… a NORMAL behavior…’ multiple times
It was so rude of him to say it in such an undermining way and he didn’t realise it’s because I have a severe mental illness. fyi I have spent some thousands on mental health support as it caused me to interrupt a year of my studies already.
Reply 12
Another thing that’s bugging me is one of my senior lecturers telling me you don’t demonstrate a normal behavior. You don’t demonstrate a normal behaviour…. A normal behavior… a NORMAL behavior…’ multiple times
It was so rude of him to say it in such an undermining way and he didn’t realise it’s because I have a severe mental illness. fyi I have spent some thousands on mental health support as it caused me to interrupt a year of my studies already.

When I asked him what do you mean I don’t demonstrate a normal behaviour to try to pin it down. He said it’s because one of the examples of these behaviours was that, just one of my abnormal behaviours, was I had yelled very loudly and sworn at several of my clinical tutors, whom all have families and have other priorities in their life. After he explained that I had done that I agreed I had no rational reason to do that and should not have yelled at my teachers for no reason and I don’t know why I did it, I wish I hadn’t and truly regret doing so.
I don’t think you should message the guy from school. He has made it clear he does not like you and I doubt you telling him that you have BPD will change that. You building up hope for yourself that he might come back into your life will just hurt you. If you want to do it as a therapeutic exercise, write a letter and then burn it or something. *

With regards to the normal behaviour comment, no one here will be able to comment on whether it was said in undermining way, but shouting and swearing at your tutors is definitely not normal. This is the sort of thing to be addressing in therapy - I’m not sure TSR will be able to help you much here.
Reply 14
Original post by black tea
I don’t think you should message the guy from school. He has made it clear he does not like you and I doubt you telling him that you have BPD will change that. You building up hope for yourself that he might come back into your life will just hurt you. If you want to do it as a therapeutic exercise, write a letter and then burn it or something. *

With regards to the normal behaviour comment, no one here will be able to comment on whether it was said in undermining way, but shouting and swearing at your tutors is definitely not normal. This is the sort of thing to be addressing in therapy - I’m not sure TSR will be able to help you much here.

Ok good advice and I agree with you.

No point in looking back- just to the future.

I don’t have any more money for my mental support so I’m just going to have to be a lot more considerate day to day and think more about the support I’ve already received. So just focusing on self awareness and applying what I’ve learnt till now about how to display an acceptable behavior.
Reply 15

I was just wondering on a different topic

Would a pwbpd feel the same attraction toward an fp had they not had bpd?
I was just wondering on a different topic

Would a pwbpd feel the same attraction toward an fp had they not had bpd?

I don't have BPD but I guess if BPD is characterised by emotions that are more intense than average, then there must be some kind of sympathy or bond that drew you to the FP in the first place, it's just that the intensity of your feelings is much stronger than it would be otherwise. Someone without BPD might like that person, even like them a lot, but they can still distance themselves away when needed, and be objective; whereas in your case, you might become so engrossed and idealise them to the point where you don't see any of their negative sides, you just see them as perfect (and then the FP idea gets stronger, and you want to spend more time with them and when they can't, that causes conflicts...)
Reply 17
I don't have BPD but I guess if BPD is characterised by emotions that are more intense than average, then there must be some kind of sympathy or bond that drew you to the FP in the first place, it's just that the intensity of your feelings is much stronger than it would be otherwise. Someone without BPD might like that person, even like them a lot, but they can still distance themselves away when needed, and be objective; whereas in your case, you might become so engrossed and idealise them to the point where you don't see any of their negative sides, you just see them as perfect (and then the FP idea gets stronger, and you want to spend more time with them and when they can't, that causes conflicts...)

Fair but I’ve never chosen either of my fp’s so I don’t necessarily like them
The bond was there without me choosing
Fair but I’ve never chosen either of my fp’s so I don’t necessarily like them
The bond was there without me choosing

the bond didn't come out of nowhere. something drew you to them on a subconscious level.
Reply 19
the bond didn't come out of nowhere. something drew you to them on a subconscious level.

I’m not sure what you mean
I’m not attracted to my fp, especially not the guy because I am straight.
There is an unexplainable bond and feeling of a connection force between me and my favourite persons
It is not my subconcious, it’s a severe mental illness. The bond came out of my mental illness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending