The Student Room Group

I'm being stalked by a man who works in a fish and chip shop

So, in the last week of the semester, I went out for my flatmate's birthday. I wasn't really up for it, but I went out of... camaraderie's sake. An hour or so in and the vodka wasn't doing anything and I was feeling pretty terrible. My 'early leaving taxi sharers' were long gone and I was stuck with little cash because of my one night alcoholism or something.

Needless to say, I jumped at the chance to get a free taxi journey- paid for by a relatively charming Cypriot man. Don't judge me, but I take advantage of such situations with the idea to fob him off when we got back to the student village.

But he kind of followed me home and I kind of gave him my number after feeling guilty/him not leaving. He's really rather keen and has since offered to come round on numerous occasions. With it being Easter and all, I've managed to get away with saying I'm not there but I go back this weekend and I'm rather worried he's going to turn up. Or, invite me to fish and chip shop so he can make me a 'veggie deluxe with cheese and mango chutney'. I've hit a real low here and I don't know whether to worry more about the fact this man knows where I lives or that I chose to come home with someone that offers to deep fry me some vegetables and expects to get something out of it. How do I get rid of him?

Scroll to see replies

Firstly, inform your friends of this situation so that they know its probably him if you get assaulted. Secondly, politely ask him to leave you alone, then if that doesn't work tell him that you will contact the police if he doesn't leave you alone, if that doesn't work go to the police.
(edited 11 years ago)
You're not being stalked, you led him on and, and now you're continuing to lead him on. From what you have wrote zero stalking has occurred. Silly girl.
Reply 3
Original post by BoringPezza
Don't judge me, but I take advantage of such situations with the idea to fob him off when we got back to the student village.

Your definition of fobbing him off might be a bit different than his. :cool:

(Seriously, though, ignore him. Jokingly tell your friends about what happened and, in the highly unlikely event that he does turn up, tell him to get lost).
Tell him to go away..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by RemiMarcelle
Tell him to go away..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I tried, and I even did it in greek.
Original post by Teofilo
Your definition of fobbing him off might be a bit different than his. :cool:

Wow. Nothing is sacred on here.
Something about this situation is fishy.... :wink:
Original post by DaveSmith99
You're not being stalked, you led him on and, and now you're continuing to lead him on. From what you have wrote zero stalking has occurred. Silly girl.

Agree. Don't get drunk then. Or maybe stop thinking the way you think. YOU gave him the number, you probably did flirt with him and now poor girl - he thinks you like him...

Just tell him to go away and don't do that again - then you wouldn't be "stalked" for sure.
Reply 10
Tell him you are sorry but you now have a bf and now would not be interested in meeting up.
no wayyyy! i once got stalked by a man who worked in a curry shop! was funny till he came to my student accommodation.....
Reply 12
Original post by lastlullabyy
Agree. Don't get drunk then. Or maybe stop thinking the way you think. YOU gave him the number, you probably did flirt with him and now poor girl - he thinks you like him...

I think you'll find that the many times he has offered to 'come round and keep me warm' or whether I want him to come round and watch a movie and whatever else I've firmly told him I'm not interested.

Do you really think in this modern day and age that when I get in a taxi with a guy to go home he's after love? I really don't think there's an issue with bailing out, and as I had to bargain with him to get him to go away, it seemed a better option. I know I shouldn't have drank so much, but at the time, taxi home with man seemed a better idea than walking home at 1am. See my gist?
I think you'll find that the many times he has offered to 'come round and keep me warm' or whether I want him to come round and watch a movie and whatever else I've firmly told him I'm not interested.

Do you really think in this modern day and age that when I get in a taxi with a guy to go home he's after love? I really don't think there's an issue with bailing out, and as I had to bargain with him to get him to go away, it seemed a better option. I know I shouldn't have drank so much, but at the time, taxi home with man seemed a better idea than walking home at 1am. See my gist?

Oh I do get it, really :P I'm Polish and my preferable drink is pure vodka's shots. Loads of them. And I do flirt a lot myself. But there are boundries :biggrin: It didn't mean to sound that harsh just that I don't see why you regard it as a problem that a guy likes you. Tell him more clearly that you're not interested. Or I don't know, that you're bi and at the moment you're into girls. Whatever... :biggrin:

And creepy guys... I see one every day, he offered me sex many times as "it's good before IB exams" :P And he seems to be everywhere. I just ignore him.

Really. Guys do give up and normal ones are not trying to hard to get "random girl" who they don't really know.
(edited 11 years ago)

You got drunk, led him on, got in a taxi with him and then gave him your phone number. You then told him that you aren't there at the moment, but told him when you'd be back, even if you are telling him you aren't interested your sending very mixed messages. Anyway this still isn't stalking, a guy is texting you every now and again hoping to get lucky because you did something daft, that isn't even close to stalking.
Reply 15
Oh I do get it, really :P I'm Polish and my preferable drink is pure vodka's shots. Loads of them. And I do flirt a lot myself. But there are boundries :biggrin: It didn't mean to sound that harsh just that I don't see why you regard it as a problem that a guy likes you. Tell him more clearly that you're not interested. Or I don't know, that you're bi and at the moment you're into girls. Whatever... :biggrin:

Well, my issue is that he doesn't understand that. I've spent the past three weeks intermittently ignoring him and telling him to go away. I really don't consider myself much of a flirt, but I'd reached rock bottom bored and tiredness that night and I just wanted to get home. Most people will you leave you alone when you realise your mistakes in the morning, but he just won't give up and I'm starting to worry about his appearing here, there and everywhere.
Reply 16
You got drunk, led him on, got in a taxi with him and then gave him your phone number. You then told him that you aren't there at the moment, but told him when you'd be back, even if you are telling him you aren't interested your sending very mixed messages. Anyway this still isn't stalking, a guy is texting you every now and again hoping to get lucky because you did something daft, that isn't even close to stalking.

I didn't tell him when I'd be back. He knows student term times, silly.

I'm sorry I used stalk inappropriately and that my story wasn't as exciting as you clearly want it to be.
Well, my issue is that he doesn't understand that. I've spent the past three weeks intermittently ignoring him and telling him to go away. I really don't consider myself much of a flirt, but I'd reached rock bottom bored and tiredness that night and I just wanted to get home. Most people will you leave you alone when you realise your mistakes in the morning, but he just won't give up and I'm starting to worry about his appearing here, there and everywhere.

Tell some male friends to scare him? :P A bit childish but I reckon it works sometimes.

And creepy guys... I see one every day, he offered me sex many times as "it's good before IB exams" :P And he seems to be everywhere. I just ignore him.

Really. Guys do give up and normal ones are not trying to hard to get "random girl" who they don't really know.

Surprised he offered you sex, youre rough.

Yeah because that's totally how bisexuality works.:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending