The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Accommodation size and Band help :(

Heeey

I've just been given an offer and now I'm starting to look at accommodation and the different bands. I have a full sized keyboard (piano) that I want to bring for the course I am studying but I am scared that it won't fit in my room. Does anyone have any information on what room band I could choose so that it would fit? I would put it on a desk I am just wondering if it would be big enough for it to fit. I also have a stand for it.

Another question, my mother has gone mad in the helping me to move to university and stuff, and I know its like 5 month away still but she has went and bought me a tv and everything. do you think a 26" tv is too big? Especially with my keyboard, I was just thinking about bringing some dvds and xbox games etc.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by LewisMcBean
Heeey

I've just been given an offer and now I'm starting to look at accommodation and the different bands. I have a full sized keyboard (piano) that I want to bring for the course I am studying but I am scared that it won't fit in my room. Does anyone have any information on what room band I could choose so that it would fit? I would put it on a desk I am just wondering if it would be big enough for it to fit. I also have a stand for it.

Another question, my mother has gone mad in the helping me to move to university and stuff, and I know its like 5 month away still but she has went and bought me a tv and everything. do you think a 26" tv is too big? Especially with my keyboard, I was just thinking about bringing some dvds and xbox games etc.

Thanks!

The band C and D rooms are roughly the same size as each other (the actual sizes are on the university's website somewhere), and would probably fit the keyboard just fine. Band B is a bit smaller, but you'd probably be fine still.

It's worth remembering though, that if you're playing the keyboard without headphones, you're quite likely to get noise complaints if it's loud, or at unsociable times when people are sleeping/working etc.

A 26" TV isn't too big, but it'll take up a fair amount of space on the desk, so obviously you'll have less space to put other stuff on there, but I know plenty of people with screens that size that have no problems with them.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
thanks! I have headphones haha, I just want to make sure that it'll fit.
I would love to go and see a room before I actually decide which band to choose :/

So would you say I could fit it in my room with a stand?

here is a picture

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending