The Student Room Group

Would you give up 20 years of your expected life ...

Scroll to see replies

Depend on when I was going to die normally. If 100, then yes. If 50, then no. It's all about quality of life.
Reply 21
Yes,

Better to have a shorter, better quality of life than a long drawn out one.
Original post by Arbolus
No. At the age of 60 your body is still reasonably fit and healthy anyway. You wouldn't be gaining much by staying young, and you'd have lost 20 years where you could be taking advantage of the perks of retirement.

Yeah, pretty much this. I'm a fairly healthy person so I'm confident in my ability to make it to 60 without having to compromise on much of what I enjoy right now. Anything after that would just be a bonus, whether that's in the form of mooching around in retirement, grandkids, spending time with a life partner/whatever, I'll gladly take it.

Besides, life expectancy is always increasing, so to take a fixed-term policy on your life right now could be actually cheating yourself out of 40 years!
Reply 23
It depends if I knew when I was going to die, 60 then no, 100 then yes.
Everyone saying yes....you're not gonna like being young forever ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by >Untitled<
Everyone saying yes....you're not gonna like being young forever ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ask 80 year olds if they want their 20 year old body back, i'm pretty sure they would mostly say yes :tongue:
Original post by Idle
Ask 80 year olds if they want their 20 year old body back, i'm pretty sure they would mostly say yes :tongue:

When all your friends, family your partner are moving on etc I'm sure you wont appreciate being stuck in a young body
Reply 27
Not a chance.. Those 60 or so years will fly past then when it's nearly time to die, your looks would count for nothing and you would give anything for more time with your loved ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending