The Student Room Group

Were your parents married when you were born? - Research..please respond!

Scroll to see replies

Married and still together :P
Married - still together. Sometimes I wonder how though :/
married and still together.
Married and still together :smile:
Married and togetherish. They're only still married because they don't believe in divorce due to religious reasons.
unmarried and still together. They are married now though!
Reply 126
Original post by StupidGirl1
As much as I agree, I have to add that if people have one night stands or have short relationships why bring a child into the world, My parents were together for 10 years before splitting, 4 of those were before me (the first born to my dad) was born. Children should be made from love and not alcohol etc...
Hope I'm not offending anyone, this is merely just my opinion x

Regardless of your opinion on what should happen in the result of an early unplanned pregnancy (I'm assuming you'd consider abortion), I'm just stating that for research purposes, unmarried is too large a bracket. Another example is sperm/egg donation, or two friends who decide to have a baby together using artificial means. Unmarried parents and obviously not together, but completely different from two unmarried parents who were together for twenty years before a split. Likewise, two unmarried parents who were together for two weeks before splitting is different from unmarried parents together for twenty years before splitting. So you won't truly get an accurate statistic if you're planning on properly looking at the results.

:tongue: I think I just miss doing research experiments at uni. Feel free to ignore.
Married in 1973, had my brother 1978 and me 1983. Together until mum died in December. This June would've been their 40th wedding anniversary.

Mum told me she'd had previous boyfriends before dad but was a virgin when married. Dad's only girlfriend was mum and obviously he was also a virgin when they married. They didn't live together until after they were married. To them marriage was much more than a piece of paper. It was a commitment you made to each other. Before mum was taken into hospital she had a bed in the living room and dad slept on the sofa so he could be close by if she needed him. They were chalk and cheese characters in many respects but together they made a proper partnership.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 128
Married and still together!
Married, still together

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 130
Just realised I never actually answered the question.

Married, then split. The whole thing is rather flawed, though, as people have already pointed out. Unmarried does not necessarily mean they were even a couple. In that case, of course they're not together now.
Reply 131
Unmarried (though married after) Still together
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 132
Original post by syrettd
Regardless of your opinion on what should happen in the result of an early unplanned pregnancy (I'm assuming you'd consider abortion), I'm just stating that for research purposes, unmarried is too large a bracket. Another example is sperm/egg donation, or two friends who decide to have a baby together using artificial means. Unmarried parents and obviously not together, but completely different from two unmarried parents who were together for twenty years before a split. Likewise, two unmarried parents who were together for two weeks before splitting is different from unmarried parents together for twenty years before splitting. So you won't truly get an accurate statistic if you're planning on properly looking at the results.

:tongue: I think I just miss doing research experiments at uni. Feel free to ignore.

I understand what you are saying but if I was to ask the circumstances there would be hundreds of different responses, and my theory is that people who are married before having children tend to be together 'Till death do them part' regardless of the before hand circumstances.

Also just to add I'm not in uni! I'm only 15 (16 in 2 weeks yay) I'm just doing this because I LOVE researching and writing up my found research in great detail! Even if it does just stay on my memory stick for years! haha
Reply 133
Married and still together
Married and still together
Married and still together.
Unmarried, still together.
Married, still together now. Not sure if I count though as my mum was pregnant with me at the wedding (I'm the oldest child).
Reply 138
Original post by SmegSlayer
Married in 1973, had my brother 1978 and me 1983. Together until mum died in December. This June would've been their 40th wedding anniversary.

Mum told me she'd had previous boyfriends before dad but was a virgin when married. Dad's only girlfriend was mum and obviously he was also a virgin when they married. They didn't live together until after they were married. To them marriage was much more than a piece of paper. It was a commitment you made to each other. Before mum was taken into hospital she had a bed in the living room and dad slept on the sofa so he could be close by if she needed him. They were chalk and cheese characters in many respects but together they made a proper partnership.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is so beautiful, I totally agree with "marriage is much more than a piece of paper"! I would rate it thumbs up but I've already used my ratings today:frown: sorry x
Original post by StupidGirl1

You do not really allow for the adopted from birth amongst us
So I will reply on behalf of my 2 children

Son = not even together really
Daughter = married and together

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending