The Student Room Group

High-grade insurances

I wondered if anyone could help me. I have an offer to read History at Oxford which is AAA, & I don't know what to do about insurances. My choices are:

Bristol: A*AA
St Andrews: AAA
Edinburgh: AAA

If I miss my Oxford offer does anyone think/has anyone heard of someone being accepted from any of these unis with lower grades? If I were to miss it, I would probably get A*AB or A*A*B. I'm really bad at French :-P

Thanks!!!!!
Original post by Kimina
You can't have an insurance with the same grades as you firm.

Yes you can. You can even have an insurance with a higher requirement than your firm.
Original post by Kimina
You can't have an insurance with the same grades as you firm.

From UCAS: "The conditions for your insurance choice can be higher than your firm choice, but be aware that if you're not accepted by your firm choice, it's unlikely that you will be accepted for an insurance choice that requests higher grades."

I would recommend checking if any of those AAA offers are lenient about you getting a B.

There is some really good advice here about what to do with very 'close' offers like this and how to pick a Firm & Insurance : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Firm_and_insurance_choices

It also explains about situations where it makes complete sense to have a Firm & Insurance with the same grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending