The Student Room Group

UCAS Clearing and Offers

So I missed out on both my firm and insurance offers, and in a bit of a stressed out state, I managed to get an offer through clearing which I got accepted through UCAS. However I've only just noticed that my insurance uni is apparently offering clearing according to UCAS, and I only missed my offer there by a single grade. I'd prefer to go to my insurance over the uni I got through clearing, but I'm worried that declining my offer will leave me unable to accept a new one, as I've found conflicting information about this online. What's my best course of action?
Original post by Avalon255
So I missed out on both my firm and insurance offers, and in a bit of a stressed out state, I managed to get an offer through clearing which I got accepted through UCAS. However I've only just noticed that my insurance uni is apparently offering clearing according to UCAS, and I only missed my offer there by a single grade. I'd prefer to go to my insurance over the uni I got through clearing, but I'm worried that declining my offer will leave me unable to accept a new one, as I've found conflicting information about this online. What's my best course of action?

You can call up your insurance and ask them if they would take you back through clearing.

The chances are very high that the grades you got are lower than they are willing to accept through clearing. Some universities use clearing to attract very high achieving applicants for some courses
Original post by Avalon255

On track did you already receive a rejection?

I see no harm in calling them up & asking, but if you were already a near miss candidate they would have likely already considered you before releasing a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending