The Student Room Group

Extra Time With Coursework

Hi, I'm just wondering if dyslexic students are able to request extra time to complete coursework?
No
Reply 2
Hi, it depends on where you're studying, as different Unis have different rules. Most places tend not to grant automatic extensions, partly because extending one coursework deadline means that you're eating into the time for the next piece of work... it all stacks up pretty quickly.

Saying that, though, if you're being supported by the disability/dyslexia unit at the Uni and there's a dyslexia-related reason why you need an extension for a particular piece of work that they know about, you might be supported in applying for an extension.
Reply 3
Original post by student365
Hi, I'm just wondering if dyslexic students are able to request extra time to complete coursework?

All students are able to request an extension, although this extension may not be granted. When a student is experiencing genuine mitigating circumstances, such as illness or grief, or has a disability, they usually are.

As a student with dyslexia it may be worth discussing this with your disability service and department, and reach an agreement with your department. Flexible deadlines are often granted to people with health conditions or disabilities as a reasonable adjustment.

Original post by balotelli12
No

Nonsense (see above)
Reply 4
Is this something that was recommended in your DSA needs assessment? Either way, I don't see why they wouldn't. Where I am, they won't give you an extension for the second to last assessment; as they want you have enough time to do the final assessment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending