The Student Room Group

Funding transferring back into first year

Hi Mark

My circumstances at the moment is that I'm looking to transfer back into first year onto a different course, at the moment I am in first year doing architecture. I've looked around and seen reports that have led me to believe that I will have to fund my first year myself, and that I will not be eligible for tuition fee loans or maintenance for this first year, but will be for the last three.

Can you tell me whether my assumption is correct?

Thanks, all the best.
Hi Sille,

Every student is entitled to one extra year of funding over the length of their course.

If you are currently in your first year and want to change to another course you will eligible to receive a full degree of funding as long as you haven't had any previous study before your current first year.

Hope this helps,
Mark-Lee :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi Sille,

Every student is entitled to one extra year of funding over the length of their course.

If you are currently in your first year and want to change to another course you will eligible to receive a full degree of funding as long as you haven't had any previous study before your current first year.

Hope this helps,

Great, thanks! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi Sille,

Hope this helps,

Hi, another query concerning extra funding, if I were to go on to apply for a Masters, would I still be able to get a loan for this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending