The Student Room Group

Why does he keep contacting me when he's engaged?

Hi
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Erm, I think he sees you as a friend tbh though perhaps Im naive?
Reply 2
Well since he mentioned the fact that he wanted to meet in a public place I don't think he's after sex. But since you are still getting over it I wouldn't meet him just yet

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
There are a special type of people who have this behavior, they keep pulling their lovers back into the affair. Why? Because they can. The only way you'll be able to move on is if you keep ignoring him and have your own life. Many, I think women especially, waste half a lifetime doing this dance because every time they are almost out of it, the men get in touch and get them to come back.

Find someone better who respects you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Wants his cake and to eat it too, you are not cake. I have been in this sort of relationship before and its incredibly damaging. If i were you i would ignore it and start healing yourself. Hopefully his fiancée will find out what a thirsty dog he is before she marries him.
Reply 5
My dear I hate to break it to you but look like this is a classic case of Mr. Unavailable and the fallback girl. People do this all the time, its sickening but some people get an ego boost out of the suffering of others. do check this site out and hopefully some of your questions will be answered.

http://www.baggagereclaim.co.uk/my-books/mr-unavailable-and-the-fallback-girl-book-one/

P.S Continue to ignore him, don't beat yourself about him nor the past. And thats where he should remain in your PAST. If he wanted to marry you he would have done so during those 3 years, hes not worth it your worth more than that.
Reply 6
He's done this before though. He;s said he just wants to be "friends" but then when i've met up with him he's tried to kiss me or touch me. The last time i met up with him he tried to kiss me.
Original post by WinterFreckles
He's done this before though. He;s said he just wants to be "friends" but then when i've met up with him he's tried to kiss me or touch me. The last time i met up with him he tried to kiss me.

AhI take what I said back then. He's not really worth your time then
I know i don't deserve any sympathy after what i did but i really would appreciate some help/feedback on my situation.

I ended up getting involved with a guy who was completely wrong for me in every way. I lost my virginity to him and he was the first guy i ever really had any feelings for. We never even had a proper relationship, even though that's what i wanted.
He eventually got back together with an ex girlfriend and i assumed we were over so i stopped contacting him. A few months into his relationship with her he started flirting with me again and to cut a very long story short we ended up going back to our physical relationship.

This on/off thing with him carried on up until last year. I'd say i'd had enough and couldn't do it any more but then we'd end up doing it again.This went on for 3 years, basically most of his relationship with her. I finally cut him off last year and really tried my best to move on. I deleted his number, he removed me from Facebook and i honestly thought that that was it.
I was doing ok until December last year when i found out that he was engaged to her. It did effect me, quite badly, but i just carried on as i had been. Christmas day came around and he text me saying Happy Christmas and asking how i was, like nothing had happened. He'd only proposed to her 2 weeks before but he never mentioned it.

He text me again on New Years eve saying Happy New Year and that he hoped he got more time to see me this year. I ignored that. i was at home Saturday night and he text me saying:
"Heya, how are you? I'm back in town, fancy meeting up for a drink? Seems like ages since we sat and had a chat - in a public place hahaha Xxx" I completely ignored it.

Why is he texting me when he's supposedly serious about her? Does he think it's funny?

If he cheated on his girlfriend with you, shame on you both :frown:. That said if he keeps contacting you after you've asked him to stop, threaten to tell his fiancee.
Reply 9
Original post by someonesomewherexx
If he cheated on his girlfriend with you, shame on you both :frown:. That said if he keeps contacting you after you've asked him to stop, threaten to tell his fiancee.

I'm aware what i did was wrong. I've already said that. No way would i tell her.
I'm aware what i did was wrong. I've already said that. No way would i tell her.

Sorry, cheating just gets to me. You wouldn't tell her even though it might stop him from contacting you?
Original post by someonesomewherexx
Sorry, cheating just gets to me. You wouldn't tell her even though it might stop him from contacting you?

Firstly, i don't even know her so she's not going to believe me and secondly all it will do will cause trouble when all i want to do is forget about the whole thing. It's not my job to tell her.
Reply 12
He wants to tap that ass one last time before he ties the knot.
Reply 13
Don't be reeled back in. I'd guess he wants to start messing around with you again, and even if he didn't I see no reason to be friends with such a sleaze. You probably aren't the only one, for your own safety btw if you haven't already I would get checked for disease (not kidding).

I would reply "Don't contact me again or I will be contacting your fiancee", even if you have no intention of ever doing so. Or just plain ignore him (but if you don't burn the bridge will you be tempted by him?)
Original post by Pigling
Don't be reeled back in. I'd guess he wants to start messing around with you again, and even if he didn't I see no reason to be friends with such a sleaze. You probably aren't the only one, for your own safety btw if you haven't already I would get checked for disease (not kidding).

I would reply "Don't contact me again or I will be contacting your fiancee", even if you have no intention of ever doing so. Or just plain ignore him (but if you don't burn the bridge will you be tempted by him?)

I actually deleted his number so i can't respond even if i wanted to. He's just a pr*ck who needs a reality check.
Reply 15
I actually deleted his number so i can't respond even if i wanted to. He's just a pr*ck who needs a reality check.

I like Pigling's idea. Alternatively are you able to block his texts too? I think it would help your recovery process if you can, so that there isn't the repetitive possibility of him treating you like a booty call.
(edited 11 years ago)
Just cut all contact and block his number. Better still tell his fiance what he's up to.
he's manuplitive he's panicking that him getting married may mean you wont sleep with him,, he still wants you to use for sex so is trying ti keep you sweet. TO be honest if you had an ounce of decency you wouldnt be sleeping with a man who has a girlfriend and being the other woman. So unless you want to spend your life as 2nd best to his wife and ever only be an afterthought or somebody to call or contact when he's a bit horny why dont you cut contact and go and meet a single guy who will actaully treat you with respect and love?
Original post by SillyMilly
he's manuplitive he's panicking that him getting married may mean you wont sleep with him,, he still wants you to use for sex so is trying ti keep you sweet. TO be honest if you had an ounce of decency you wouldnt be sleeping with a man who has a girlfriend and being the other woman. So unless you want to spend your life as 2nd best to his wife and ever only be an afterthought or somebody to call or contact when he's a bit horny why dont you cut contact and go and meet a single guy who will actaully treat you with respect and love?

Feel free to judge me all you like but i know that i'm not a terrible person even though what i did was. I don't plan on seeing him ever again. All i want to do is move on from it.
Feel free to judge me all you like but i know that i'm not a terrible person even though what i did was. I don't plan on seeing him ever again. All i want to do is move on from it.

no your actions were terrible im not judging you im not saying your a bad or horrible person but Im saying that at the stage when you did sleep with him known he had a girlfriend that didnt show you out to be in the best light and that also you deserve better than to be used for some creepy low lifes sexual gratification and that there are actually decent men out there who deserve your love

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending