The Student Room Group

What vehicle did you go to PROM in?

Question : What vehicle did you go to prom in, or what vehicle are you thinking of going to prom in, if you're in year 11.
Extension question : what did you do after prom

Posted from TSR iPad
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think my friends dad dropped me off in their car. I was pretty drunk at the time.
I never had a year 11 prom, but for year 13 my friend's mother took us.
After prom, I just went and got even more pissed. It was good.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
A tall red one.
(A bus.)
Reply 4
A white limo, how overpriced. After prom I went home, there was no after party, thought prom was a big load of ****e in all honesty :K:
My Dad's car?
We're not in America, I don't understand why people turn up in limos and horse & carriages, etc.

The prom itself was okay, everyone kept giving me evils because I was the only girl wearing sandals rather than heels.
The DJ was good, he was Indian and was playing the Punjab version of Michael Jackson songs, which was fun.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
A bus.
Reply 7
I drove to my 6th year ball with my date in my own car. This magnificent beast:

Reply 8
Whatt? Shocked at the replies. The whole of my year agreed that prom was one of the best nights ever.

Me and my friends were actually thinking of getting our parents to drop us off but then everybody was planning to hire chauffeur driven Rolls-Royces and Bentleys. We ordered a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (4-door) like a couple of days before prom.

No alcohol was allowed at prom, but it was still amazing. Afterwards some girl held an after party where we all drank, I thought it would be nice of me to supervise all the drunkards, so I only had a few cans / shots.

People started falling asleep at her house at about 6am. We all walked back to our houses hungover so got back at about 9am ish.

I made this thread because I was just thinking about what a fun night it was and I thought you lot would have similar experiences. I'm glad our year got on well. We had a cool mix of personalities

Posted from TSR iPad
Original post by anonymouse01
Whatt? Shocked at the replies. The whole of my year agreed that prom was one of the best nights ever.

Me and my friends were actually thinking of getting our parents to drop us off but then everybody was planning to hire chauffeur driven Rolls-Royces and Bentleys. We ordered a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (4-door) like a couple of days before prom.

No alcohol was allowed at prom, but it was still amazing. Afterwards some girl held an after party where we all drank, I thought it would be nice of me to supervise all the drunkards, so I only had a few cans / shots.

People started falling asleep at her house at about 6am. We all walked back to our houses hungover so got back at about 9am ish.

I made this thread because I was just thinking about what a fun night it was and I thought you lot would have similar experiences. I'm glad our year got on well. We had a cool mix of personalities

Posted from TSR iPad

Aww this is cute. I wish my prom was like this but it was **** in all honesty.
Reply 10

Posted from TSR iPad

Your experience sounded a lot better than mine. Most of the people disappeared halfway through prom, most of them shagging in the bushes.

I didn't particularly like anyone at school, I only went because I thought it would be something I'd regret if I didn't go. :dontknow: Its an experience, but wasn't worth the money imo :sadnod:
Reply 11
Question : Or what vehicle are you thinking of going to prom in, if you're in year 11.
Extension question : what did you do after prom

Posted from TSR iPad

An ice cream van! It got a big reaction!
Reply 12
Ah man I'm so grateful.

Loads of people say they hated the people at school or hated school as a whole. I feel sorry for you all. I think the saying "school years are the best years of your life" are completely true.

I miss school thoroughly and if I could redo those years I would

Posted from TSR iPad
Reply 13
Original post by paper-may

Did you give everyone free ice cream? That would have been super awesome :yep:
Reply 14

Haha someone rolled up in an ice cream van at ours which was cool and different but like 5 minutes later someone else came In an ice cream van and everybody stood there awkwardly like 'er that's already been done mate'

Posted from TSR iPad
Ah man I'm so grateful.

Loads of people say they hated the people at school or hated school as a whole. I feel sorry for you all. I think the saying "school years are the best years of your life" are completely true.

I miss school thoroughly and if I could redo those years I would

Posted from TSR iPad

I loved school, I just didn't like my prom. When you get to university you realise just how fab school was. :yep: Some good memories from school.
Reply 16
Original post by eliza.anne
Did you give everyone free ice cream? That would have been super awesome :yep:

Unfortunately not, would have been awesome though!
We went in a friend's Mum's car.
Afterwards, my boyfriend picked me up and we went home.
Exciting stuff.
Prom was a let down, 'cos we had the most amazing Christmas Ball in Y11 where we did ballroom dancing and stuff that we'd practised in PE and there were loads of stupid party games and stuff. Which was way more fun that prom.
Reply 18
Unfortunately not, would have been awesome though!

I would have been extremely disappointed if someone turned up in an ice cream van, got my hopes up, then revealed they had no ice cream. Tease. :unimpressed:
Reply 19
Haha someone rolled up in an ice cream van at ours which was cool and different but like 5 minutes later someone else came In an ice cream van and everybody stood there awkwardly like 'er that's already been done mate'

Posted from TSR iPad

Hahaha that sounds hilarious! Luckily we were the original ice cream van people.

Quick Reply

Latest