The Student Room Group

Was a thread about car insurance...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WoodyMKC
Pretty much just relying on your step-dad then. At least you've got someone though :smile:

Haha, sounds just like me. Oh and mackie D's on a late night, my best mate and his Mrs love it so pretty sure we'll be making a trip there very soon.
Feeling pretty happy at the moment, the car I was learning on had what my instructor called "mini-mirrors" which allowed me to see my back tyres, which really helped with parking. My Corsa doesn't have them and I've been searching for mini mirrors everywhere; couldn't find them. Discovered after speaking to my uncle this morning that they're actually called blind-spot mirrors, you can get them on eBay for a couple of quid so just bought some :biggrin: The estimated delivery is Sat-Mon, so they should be here and all fitted before I start driving. They're just self-adhesive little circle convexed mirrors that you stick right onto the wing mirrors, might superglue them on though.

yeah pretty much, it isn't too bad though because if anything did go wrong he'd send a mechanic to try sort it and if worse comes to worse my brother has a pick up truck haha

haha i nearly went to McDonald's today, there like 3 on my way home but i felt so crap (think im getting flu or something) i just couldn't be bothered stopping, but my neighbour went to fish shop anyway, im planning on going to asda friday morning and im gonna have a McDonald's breakfast because i just love them and im rarely able to go before 10.30 so Im looking forward to that haha

and omg! i have those mirrors :biggrin: I got mine from ebay too, the first ones i bought had like a black trim/border round them but this was when i had the C2 and i found the wing mirrors on that were so small anyways that'd they'd take up too much space then i lost them so i ordered some new ones and i love them! When i was learning he had them on his car too, pretty useful, and i've just stuck mine on with the peel-off/sticker thing on the back and so far so good, but im keeping an eye on them.
Original post by NatashaLee
yeah pretty much, it isn't too bad though because if anything did go wrong he'd send a mechanic to try sort it and if worse comes to worse my brother has a pick up truck haha

haha i nearly went to McDonald's today, there like 3 on my way home but i felt so crap (think im getting flu or something) i just couldn't be bothered stopping, but my neighbour went to fish shop anyway, im planning on going to asda friday morning and im gonna have a McDonald's breakfast because i just love them and im rarely able to go before 10.30 so Im looking forward to that haha

and omg! i have those mirrors :biggrin: I got mine from ebay too, the first ones i bought had like a black trim/border round them but this was when i had the C2 and i found the wing mirrors on that were so small anyways that'd they'd take up too much space then i lost them so i ordered some new ones and i love them! When i was learning he had them on his car too, pretty useful, and i've just stuck mine on with the peel-off/sticker thing on the back and so far so good, but im keeping an eye on them.

Either way, at least it gets sorted :smile:

Ahhh this talk about McDonalds is making me want one, the breakfast menu is so good :drool:
I'm looking forward to getting myself a Dominos as well :redface: Quite often I really fancy one but nobody else does, all of their online and phone deals seem to be aimed at bulk-buying. But there are some good collection-only deals for if you're only buying a small amount for one person if you. Oooh, and Pizza Hut also have really good deals and are even nicer than Dominos, but they don't deliver to my area despite the nearest one only being a 15 minute drive away. Not gonna be a problem anymore :biggrin:

Yeah I don't think I'm gonna be able to live without them tbh lol. The ones I've ordered have got black trims on them too. As long as I can get my back tyre in view then I'm happy.
Either way, at least it gets sorted :smile:

Ahhh this talk about McDonalds is making me want one, the breakfast menu is so good :drool:
I'm looking forward to getting myself a Dominos as well :redface: Quite often I really fancy one but nobody else does, all of their online and phone deals seem to be aimed at bulk-buying. But there are some good collection-only deals for if you're only buying a small amount for one person if you. Oooh, and Pizza Hut also have really good deals and are even nicer than Dominos, but they don't deliver to my area despite the nearest one only being a 15 minute drive away. Not gonna be a problem anymore :biggrin:

Yeah I don't think I'm gonna be able to live without them tbh lol. The ones I've ordered have got black trims on them too. As long as I can get my back tyre in view then I'm happy.

yeah exactly :smile:

and oh gosh, it's making me really want all these foods now! haha not much a dominos person tbh, love pizza hut though, never though about collection tho, i'll have to have a look at their deals actually, can't believe they won't deliver to you though, mines about 20 minutes and they deliver to us, but i suppose it's all good now anyways. and aye i just love a Mcdonalds breakfast, i can't wait till friday just for for breakfast lol. I think thats one of the best things about driving, fast food whenever, wherever : D

and no i don't think i could, they're amazing i just love how much extra view you can get from such a small mirror, it really does help. and yeah probably something similar to what i had, but i lost one -.- don't know how but yeah i bought some new ones, just love em aha
yeah exactly :smile:

and oh gosh, it's making me really want all these foods now! haha not much a dominos person tbh, love pizza hut though, never though about collection tho, i'll have to have a look at their deals actually, can't believe they won't deliver to you though, mines about 20 minutes and they deliver to us, but i suppose it's all good now anyways. and aye i just love a Mcdonalds breakfast, i can't wait till friday just for for breakfast lol. I think thats one of the best things about driving, fast food whenever, wherever : D

and no i don't think i could, they're amazing i just love how much extra view you can get from such a small mirror, it really does help. and yeah probably something similar to what i had, but i lost one -.- don't know how but yeah i bought some new ones, just love em aha

My uncle was letting me down a little bit at the start when finding a car, but he's been brilliant with this car so that made up for it. On the night we got it he was pretty busy and had a lot going on, but he took time out to get us up there and have a look as well as doing a bit of ringing around and sorting out getting it back here for me. Then of course sorting the exhaust and writing a bunch of stuff down for me to check weekly. My best uncle by far haha.

Ahh, Dominos is my absolute fave... or rather, was, may be Pizza Hut now. I love a BBQ base on my pizzas, not sure what Pizza Hut's are like if they do them. Haven't had a Pizza Hut in a good few years tbh. But yeah, either one is gonna be a lot more accessible now hehe. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, might be tempted too often lol.

Think I might just superglue mine on just in case. Don't see any reason not to, not gonna take them off really haha. Obviously I'll stick them on normally first, then once I've tried them and I'm 100% happy with where they are I'll glue them on.
My uncle was letting me down a little bit at the start when finding a car, but he's been brilliant with this car so that made up for it. On the night we got it he was pretty busy and had a lot going on, but he took time out to get us up there and have a look as well as doing a bit of ringing around and sorting out getting it back here for me. Then of course sorting the exhaust and writing a bunch of stuff down for me to check weekly. My best uncle by far haha.

Ahh, Dominos is my absolute fave... or rather, was, may be Pizza Hut now. I love a BBQ base on my pizzas, not sure what Pizza Hut's are like if they do them. Haven't had a Pizza Hut in a good few years tbh. But yeah, either one is gonna be a lot more accessible now hehe. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, might be tempted too often lol.

Think I might just superglue mine on just in case. Don't see any reason not to, not gonna take them off really haha. Obviously I'll stick them on normally first, then once I've tried them and I'm 100% happy with where they are I'll glue them on.

Yeah i guess he was there when you really needed him and he helped you sort your car out, like with my step-dad it took him 2 weeks to take my car to be sorted but it, but i couldn't complain he was busy with other cars which were obviously gonna get him money but he did sort it in the end :-) so it's all good

yeah we don't do much ordering from dominos we tried it once but we just preferred pizza hut, and pizza hut do a BBQ base :wink: and it's pretty good, you should definitely give it a try :smile: have a celebratory pizza for getting out on the road :P haha and yeah for now it seems like a good thing, I'm sure it might be different in a few years time haha

and yeah you might as well then, mine have managed to stay on and thats through the high winds, and snow haha the only think they haven't experienced yet is the sun! lol but i did have the superglue at the ready just in case haha
Reply 105
Nice thread, keep on chatting, it was fun to read, first time an hour passed by in a minute in my life :biggrin:

Yeah i guess he was there when you really needed him and he helped you sort your car out, like with my step-dad it took him 2 weeks to take my car to be sorted but it, but i couldn't complain he was busy with other cars which were obviously gonna get him money but he did sort it in the end :-) so it's all good

yeah we don't do much ordering from dominos we tried it once but we just preferred pizza hut, and pizza hut do a BBQ base :wink: and it's pretty good, you should definitely give it a try :smile: have a celebratory pizza for getting out on the road :P haha and yeah for now it seems like a good thing, I'm sure it might be different in a few years time haha

and yeah you might as well then, mine have managed to stay on and thats through the high winds, and snow haha the only think they haven't experienced yet is the sun! lol but i did have the superglue at the ready just in case haha

As they say, all's well that ends well :smile:

Ahh lovely to hear, think I'll have to go for a Pizza Hut next Friday then :biggrin: Don't know what I love about a BBQ base, but it's just... mmmMMMMmmmm... Might have a look and see if they do better deals on takeaway or eat in, there's a takeaway branch closeby as I said but there's also a restaurant at about the same distance away from me but in the opposite direction.

Might hold back on the superglue actually, read something about some of the cheap ones starting to fog over and become unfixable after a couple of months, so if they do need replacing somewhere down the line I'd like to be able to take them off haha. Hopefully the ones I'm getting are all good, if not then I'll have another go with some different ones.

Original post by h4mza
Nice thread, keep on chatting, it was fun to read, first time an hour passed by in a minute in my life

I should just rename this thread "Woody and Natasha's chit-chat thread" haha. I suppose it's fine since this thread is now obsolete :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
As they say, all's well that ends well :smile:

Ahh lovely to hear, think I'll have to go for a Pizza Hut next Friday then :biggrin: Don't know what I love about a BBQ base, but it's just... mmmMMMMmmmm... Might have a look and see if they do better deals on takeaway or eat in, there's a takeaway branch closeby as I said but there's also a restaurant at about the same distance away from me but in the opposite direction.

Might hold back on the superglue actually, read something about some of the cheap ones starting to fog over and become unfixable after a couple of months, so if they do need replacing somewhere down the line I'd like to be able to take them off haha. Hopefully the ones I'm getting are all good, if not then I'll have another go with some different ones.

yeah indeed :smile:

and you totally should! I think i might have a pizza hut this weekend, just finished my last week of classes at uni so that's gonna be my excuse :P I haven't actually had the BBQ base in a while so might have to get it again, looking forward to my trip to asda im gonna buy loads of junk food including a mcDonalds ready for my 'revision weekend' haha the perks of having a car, don't have to walk home with bags of junk food! hahah and i think you can check online at some of the deals, they have a buffet on till 5 don't know if you've ever been, but in my opinion there wasn't much choice so we just ordered off the normal menu.

ah yeah well i'd just check they're okay first, i think the first ones i bought were only £2 but i seen these other ones which seemed a tad more decent just by the description really so though id give them a try, think they was £4 so definitely still worth it and so far so good

Original post by h4mza
Nice thread, keep on chatting, it was fun to read, first time an hour passed by in a minute in my life :biggrin:

I think i should get myself some popcorn, haha
(edited 11 years ago)
yeah indeed :smile:

and you totally should! I think i might have a pizza hut this weekend, just finished my last week of classes at uni so that's gonna be my excuse :P I haven't actually had the BBQ base in a while so might have to get it again, looking forward to my trip to asda im gonna buy loads of junk food including a mcDonalds ready for my 'revision weekend' haha the perks of having a car, don't have to walk home with bags of junk food! hahah and i think you can check online at some of the deals, they have a buffet on till 5 don't know if you've ever been, but in my opinion there wasn't much choice so we just ordered off the normal menu.

ah yeah well i'd just check they're okay first, i think the first ones i bought were only £2 but i seen these other ones which seemed a tad more decent just by the description really so though id give them a try, think they was £4 so definitely still worth it and so far so good

Yeah I'll have to check, haven't been in a good few years and I've never been before 5pm. Last time I went you just ordered your pizza and paid for all you can eat ice cream. At least I think you paid for the ice cream, wasn't me who paid hehe. Ahh all the things I'm gonna be able to do now I can drive haha, if ever I get a craving for a certain something it's always gonna be available :biggrin: Also pretty much means no more taxis for my family :wink:

Yeah just see how these ones go aye, think they'll be alright for now though since I think it's the winter that makes them go funny. Only paid just over £2 for the pair of them for these ones.

My ex-mechanic neighbour advised me to "tick the car over" and run the engine for a few minutes every couple of days. Gives me an excuse to do a bit of clutch-work :wink: My driveway is a slight uphill so it's perfect for using the clutch to get to the end of the drive, then put the clutch down and coast back down.
Yeah I'll have to check, haven't been in a good few years and I've never been before 5pm. Last time I went you just ordered your pizza and paid for all you can eat ice cream. At least I think you paid for the ice cream, wasn't me who paid hehe. Ahh all the things I'm gonna be able to do now I can drive haha, if ever I get a craving for a certain something it's always gonna be available :biggrin: Also pretty much means no more taxis for my family :wink:

Yeah just see how these ones go aye, think they'll be alright for now though since I think it's the winter that makes them go funny. Only paid just over £2 for the pair of them for these ones.

My ex-mechanic neighbour advised me to "tick the car over" and run the engine for a few minutes every couple of days. Gives me an excuse to do a bit of clutch-work :wink: My driveway is a slight uphill so it's perfect for using the clutch to get to the end of the drive, then put the clutch down and coast back down.

They used to do a happy hour deal too, they don't anymore ): but me and my friends used to go after sixth form every other week haha, and the last time i went the ice-maker was broke ): very disappointing tbh and yeah exactly you can literally get anything you want, whenever you want now : D it's so good

Yeah i imagine they'll be okay anyways, i don't know why more people don't have them you get to see so much more, i love mine, i think when i start thinking about changing my car i'll have to order some news to make sure they're here from the very beginning haha

and yeah my mum does that when she dosen't use it for a while, but shes got a diesel and it seems like my little 1.2 petrol is more reliable than hers for starting, even when it hasn't been started in over a week and in snow haha, it's a good little car for sure, but yeah you might as well and as you say get some clutch work in
They used to do a happy hour deal too, they don't anymore ): but me and my friends used to go after sixth form every other week haha, and the last time i went the ice-maker was broke ): very disappointing tbh and yeah exactly you can literally get anything you want, whenever you want now : D it's so good

Yeah i imagine they'll be okay anyways, i don't know why more people don't have them you get to see so much more, i love mine, i think when i start thinking about changing my car i'll have to order some news to make sure they're here from the very beginning haha

and yeah my mum does that when she dosen't use it for a while, but shes got a diesel and it seems like my little 1.2 petrol is more reliable than hers for starting, even when it hasn't been started in over a week and in snow haha, it's a good little car for sure, but yeah you might as well and as you say get some clutch work in

Ahh that's no good :frown: When I was in college we used to go to Cosmo a lot during lunchtimes because they used to do brilliant lunchtime deals, think they still do now actually. Was a bit weird, there was a girl in the class that started the year pretty fat, but despite us all going to Cosmo and eating loads of Chinese food nearly every day she actually lost loads of weight. I think it's because our classes were on so many different floors so we did loads of walking up and down stairs all day every day haha. Mmmmmmm, Cosmo :drool:

Yeah I don't understand either. Fair enough if you learned without them, you won't know the difference. But I can't imagine parking my car without them to be honest haha. Well they should definitely be here before Wednesday so hopefully I will never have to. Might even order a few pairs as backup, just in case I should ever need some at short notice.

Yeah diesel cars definitely are more likely to have startup issues than petrol cars. But yeah, gives me a nice excuse to mess around with the clutch. Also just thought, maybe I should also be messing around with the gas pedal to get used to the pressure:revs ratio and stuff.
Ahh that's no good :frown: When I was in college we used to go to Cosmo a lot during lunchtimes because they used to do brilliant lunchtime deals, think they still do now actually. Was a bit weird, there was a girl in the class that started the year pretty fat, but despite us all going to Cosmo and eating loads of Chinese food nearly every day she actually lost loads of weight. I think it's because our classes were on so many different floors so we did loads of walking up and down stairs all day every day haha. Mmmmmmm, Cosmo :drool:

Yeah I don't understand either. Fair enough if you learned without them, you won't know the difference. But I can't imagine parking my car without them to be honest haha. Well they should definitely be here before Wednesday so hopefully I will never have to. Might even order a few pairs as backup, just in case I should ever need some at short notice.

Yeah diesel cars definitely are more likely to have startup issues than petrol cars. But yeah, gives me a nice excuse to mess around with the clutch. Also just thought, maybe I should also be messing around with the gas pedal to get used to the pressure:revs ratio and stuff.

I don't think I've ever been there : 0 Is it Chinese food though? (im really strange and if i have a food and im ill afterwards like throwing up then i won't eat that food again because it just makes me feel sick, so i don't eat chinese anymore, or greggs or subway haha) although i still do eat sandwiches and donuts from greggs just nothing else haha and well the excersie evens it out then i guess, we got a new school built when i was there and it was much more 'compact' i think thats the word, only 3 floors but we still did our fair share of going up and down the stairs because we had a different classroom all the time, we'd have double business, then have to move to a different classroom after the first hour -.-

yeah not a bad idea to have spares, is that when your insurance starts? bet you're really excited aren't you?

Yeah my mums is always having trouble if it's left for a few days especially if its extreme weather like we've been having all winter haha, and yeah might as well get some practice in, in mine i find it's quite sensitive the gas pedal, don't know if thats just me though
I don't think I've ever been there : 0 Is it Chinese food though? (im really strange and if i have a food and im ill afterwards like throwing up then i won't eat that food again because it just makes me feel sick, so i don't eat chinese anymore, or greggs or subway haha) although i still do eat sandwiches and donuts from greggs just nothing else haha and well the excersie evens it out then i guess, we got a new school built when i was there and it was much more 'compact' i think thats the word, only 3 floors but we still did our fair share of going up and down the stairs because we had a different classroom all the time, we'd have double business, then have to move to a different classroom after the first hour -.-

yeah not a bad idea to have spares, is that when your insurance starts? bet you're really excited aren't you?

Yeah my mums is always having trouble if it's left for a few days especially if its extreme weather like we've been having all winter haha, and yeah might as well get some practice in, in mine i find it's quite sensitive the gas pedal, don't know if thats just me though

Ahh I see, you I get like that for a while but it sort of wears off after a while. My sister used to love kebabs but she ate one when she was ill once, she threw up just after eating it and hasn't eaten a kebab in 2 years since. But yeah, it's Chinese. Would you not be alright just eating something else Chinese? But then that's the thing about British people, we just have the same thing from Chinese takeaways every single time haha. There are quite a few Chinese dishes I love but most takeaways don't even do them :frown: Love Peking duck but it's hard to find. I LOVE subway too. I suppose all their subs just have that Subway taste to them though so not surprised you don't like them altogether anymore lol. Do love Indian food as well, and Italian. God, I'm so multicultural haha :tongue: Don't go to Greggs much but I do like their food.
I miss college in a way. I don't miss the work at all, just miss hanging down the common rooms playing pool during break times.

Yeah it starts on the 1st, just wishing the days away until then haha. Gives me time to touch up the car, my uncle suggested topping up the engine oil before driving and I wanna get those mirrors fitted and I can do both before I start driving at least. Still can't get over how low the biting point is compared to the one I learned in haha, I'll get used to it though.

Well it sounds like mine is like yours so my gas pedal is probably pretty sensitive too. I'm definitely gonna drive round really quiet areas, don't wanna go to accelerate a little bit and end up flying off when I've got traffic around me lol.
Ahh I see, you I get like that for a while but it sort of wears off after a while. My sister used to love kebabs but she ate one when she was ill once, she threw up just after eating it and hasn't eaten a kebab in 2 years since. But yeah, it's Chinese. Would you not be alright just eating something else Chinese? But then that's the thing about British people, we just have the same thing from Chinese takeaways every single time haha. There are quite a few Chinese dishes I love but most takeaways don't even do them :frown: Love Peking duck but it's hard to find. I LOVE subway too. I suppose all their subs just have that Subway taste to them though so not surprised you don't like them altogether anymore lol. Do love Indian food as well, and Italian. God, I'm so multicultural haha :tongue: Don't go to Greggs much but I do like their food.
I miss college in a way. I don't miss the work at all, just miss hanging down the common rooms playing pool during break times.

Yeah it starts on the 1st, just wishing the days away until then haha. Gives me time to touch up the car, my uncle suggested topping up the engine oil before driving and I wanna get those mirrors fitted and I can do both before I start driving at least. Still can't get over how low the biting point is compared to the one I learned in haha, I'll get used to it though.

Well it sounds like mine is like yours so my gas pedal is probably pretty sensitive too. I'm definitely gonna drive round really quiet areas, don't wanna go to accelerate a little bit and end up flying off when I've got traffic around me lol.

yeah i hate how its ruined some foods ): but i just can't bear to eat them anymore, and well with Chinese it was a take-away and my mum likes this Chinese restaurant, we don't go there (my brother always insists on Frankie and bennies and me and my step-dad are more for TGi's but on her birthday we go there and im thinking possibly i could eat something, they do these lovely BBQ wings and i'am certainly not put off them, so that'd be a start haha, i went off curry dishes for a while but my sister makes some lovely currys (I'm actually half India)

Haha i can;t wait till the 1st either its the second day of rock challenge and I'm volunteering and my old schools performing : D but yeah not long now (: and as you say gives you that time to get everything sorted and tip top, and yeah im sure you'll adjust to it very easily after a bit of clutch practice :smile:

Yeah they do sound like they're pretty similar, i think it seems a bit more sensitive because of how nippy they are, gas down and you're off kinda thing. I always think my engine noise is quite loud but again im not sure if its just me haha
yeah i hate how its ruined some foods ): but i just can't bear to eat them anymore, and well with Chinese it was a take-away and my mum likes this Chinese restaurant, we don't go there (my brother always insists on Frankie and bennies and me and my step-dad are more for TGi's but on her birthday we go there and im thinking possibly i could eat something, they do these lovely BBQ wings and i'am certainly not put off them, so that'd be a start haha, i went off curry dishes for a while but my sister makes some lovely currys (I'm actually half India)

Haha i can;t wait till the 1st either its the second day of rock challenge and I'm volunteering and my old schools performing : D but yeah not long now (: and as you say gives you that time to get everything sorted and tip top, and yeah im sure you'll adjust to it very easily after a bit of clutch practice :smile:

Yeah they do sound like they're pretty similar, i think it seems a bit more sensitive because of how nippy they are, gas down and you're off kinda thing. I always think my engine noise is quite loud but again im not sure if its just me haha

That's cool then, would be a bit awkward if you turned up to a Chinese restaurant and refused to eat anything haha. Ah cool, I think about half my proper friends at school were Indian :smile:

I've heard a bit about Rock Challenge, never delved into it though. Have fun!
Yeah just hoping this car is problem free for my first year at least. As I said it's been really well looked after, you can tell. So fingers crossed :biggrin: The other day I'd had a few beers, felt fearless and was like "yeeeaahhhh let's go drive the thing", so glad I didn't haha, imagine if I got caught over the limit and uninsured :eek:

Yeah I'm not used to the car at the moment, but nice and zippy sounds right up my street tbh. Sure I'll fall in love with it soon enough :wink: Just hope I don't make too many horrible revving noises haha. That said though it does sound pretty decent through my new exhaust so it shouldn't be bad either way.
That's cool then, would be a bit awkward if you turned up to a Chinese restaurant and refused to eat anything haha. Ah cool, I think about half my proper friends at school were Indian :smile:

I've heard a bit about Rock Challenge, never delved into it though. Have fun!
Yeah just hoping this car is problem free for my first year at least. As I said it's been really well looked after, you can tell. So fingers crossed :biggrin: The other day I'd had a few beers, felt fearless and was like "yeeeaahhhh let's go drive the thing", so glad I didn't haha, imagine if I got caught over the limit and uninsured :eek:

Yeah I'm not used to the car at the moment, but nice and zippy sounds right up my street tbh. Sure I'll fall in love with it soon enough :wink: Just hope I don't make too many horrible revving noises haha. That said though it does sound pretty decent through my new exhaust so it shouldn't be bad either way.

haha yeah, well that's what i thought when i realised i couldn't eat Chinese, what ever would i do on my mums birthday haha, but hopefully all shall be well, it's not till December so i've got a while. and yeah you probably wouldn't be able to tell in person tbh, and i don't see my Indian side of the family either but yeah

aw i just love rock challenge, entered with my school in 2009 and last year and it was just amazing so I've gone back and I'm volunteering for them now, so excited haha. and yeah if its been looked after then it'll probably be problem free for a good while yet and at least you were sensible and didn't do it :smile: it's not worth the risk is it

and yeah i definitely prefer nippy, and i really love how the corsas drive (well obviously talking about ours and not the newer ones) but yeah i really love my little car now. and haha yeah i have some awkward moments when my foot just seems to go down and the revs go up :') and im like sorry everyone hahah
haha yeah, well that's what i thought when i realised i couldn't eat Chinese, what ever would i do on my mums birthday haha, but hopefully all shall be well, it's not till December so i've got a while. and yeah you probably wouldn't be able to tell in person tbh, and i don't see my Indian side of the family either but yeah

aw i just love rock challenge, entered with my school in 2009 and last year and it was just amazing so I've gone back and I'm volunteering for them now, so excited haha. and yeah if its been looked after then it'll probably be problem free for a good while yet and at least you were sensible and didn't do it :smile: it's not worth the risk is it

and yeah i definitely prefer nippy, and i really love how the corsas drive (well obviously talking about ours and not the newer ones) but yeah i really love my little car now. and haha yeah i have some awkward moments when my foot just seems to go down and the revs go up :') and im like sorry everyone hahah

Sure there are plenty of things you'll like, the good thing about Chinese takeaways is there's so much variety. Ah fair enough, at least if you're half Indian you're highly unlikely to be pale-skinned :biggrin:

Good to have something to look forward to every year then aye :smile: Yeah it's due an MOT in August, pretty confident that it'll pass. Yeah it's tempting, but no matter how much I've drunk I can still control myself. Plus the more I've drunk I'd know that I'm likely to crash lol.

I used to over-rev quite a bit when changing gears in my lessons, seemed to have kicked the habit completely by the time I passed so hopefully the habit stays gone.
Sure there are plenty of things you'll like, the good thing about Chinese takeaways is there's so much variety. Ah fair enough, at least if you're half Indian you're highly unlikely to be pale-skinned :biggrin:

Good to have something to look forward to every year then aye :smile: Yeah it's due an MOT in August, pretty confident that it'll pass. Yeah it's tempting, but no matter how much I've drunk I can still control myself. Plus the more I've drunk I'd know that I'm likely to crash lol.

I used to over-rev quite a bit when changing gears in my lessons, seemed to have kicked the habit completely by the time I passed so hopefully the habit stays gone.

Yeah i might have to try something new next time actually, we'll see i guess, got a good couple of months i think till we go there. and well you would think that wouldn't you, i used to be darker when i was younger now i'm quite pale, not too pale but you would never guess i was mixed race i don't think

and yeah, well this is my first year volunteering because obviously now I've left school/6th form so i cant enter with them anymore ): but from now on i hope to volunteering every year :smile: and well thats good, don't think i could ever have even one drink and drive home because i'd be too scared of the possible effects and worse of all crashing, better to be safer than sorry i guess

Well now with the corsa i think i could go straight from 1st to 3rd, i haven't tried it but i have gone from 1st to 4th on 2 occasions now (by mistake) and it's not been a problem, i find it's got a really fast off take so within second you're able to change gears and you're up to 30mph
Yeah i might have to try something new next time actually, we'll see i guess, got a good couple of months i think till we go there. and well you would think that wouldn't you, i used to be darker when i was younger now i'm quite pale, not too pale but you would never guess i was mixed race i don't think

and yeah, well this is my first year volunteering because obviously now I've left school/6th form so i cant enter with them anymore ): but from now on i hope to volunteering every year :smile: and well thats good, don't think i could ever have even one drink and drive home because i'd be too scared of the possible effects and worse of all crashing, better to be safer than sorry i guess

Well now with the corsa i think i could go straight from 1st to 3rd, i haven't tried it but i have gone from 1st to 4th on 2 occasions now (by mistake) and it's not been a problem, i find it's got a really fast off take so within second you're able to change gears and you're up to 30mph

Yeah I suppose just have a look at the menu on the day, I think most Chinese places do chips if it comes to that. Ah I see. Well I'm pure British, so suntans are in order either way haha.

Ah well, good that you're still involved :smile: Yeah, might be able to control my brain while drunk but there's no way I could control a car lol.

That sound good, might do a lot of skipping 2nd gear then. Have you used 5th gear yet? I went up to 60 (and above, oops) in my lessons on many occasions and I never used 5th gear, ever. Not sure if that'll be the case with these smaller engines.
Yeah I suppose just have a look at the menu on the day, I think most Chinese places do chips if it comes to that. Ah I see. Well I'm pure British, so suntans are in order either way haha.

Ah well, good that you're still involved :smile: Yeah, might be able to control my brain while drunk but there's no way I could control a car lol.

That sound good, might do a lot of skipping 2nd gear then. Have you used 5th gear yet? I went up to 60 (and above, oops) in my lessons on many occasions and I never used 5th gear, ever. Not sure if that'll be the case with these smaller engines.

yeah well chips are always a winner :P and im right there with you on the suntans, you'd think i could possibly tan easier, because my younger brothers (also half indian, but are paler than me) tan lovely even my mum does whos pure British, but yeah if the suns out, im out haha

Yeah, really can't wait (: and yeah i agree, i do tend to be the sensible one but i still wouldn't want to trust myself driving a car after a drink

And yeah you might find you do, im in a habbit of going up though my gears, but im gonna try skipping second when it seems alright to do so and see how that goes, and i think i've used it once, for me it's a pain to get in into 5th, i always seem to get 3rd instead so takes me a good few times in and out of gears, i can do it when im like stationary (obviously i was just practicing and had no intention of moving off in that gear) but when im driving it just doesn't seem to work, on 40 roads i find 4th gears fine, 50 roads it does kinda want the 5th gear, so if you're going above 40 then probably might want to use it, but i go over a little stretch of road thats 50mph, as its not that long of a road i don't bother faffing around with the gears.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending