The Student Room Group

MPhil in Management - University of Cambridge 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by mmk6891
woooah!! Congratulations! What did you tell them to have them ask for your details and send you an informal reply? I really tried yesterday on the phone but it went nowhere even though I told them I had a deadline this week

i sent an email yesterday in order to ask for the status of my application. today i received a reply that told me that they cant say the decision but they forward the email to program director in order to tell me the decision. 10 minutes later the program director told me that they will be recommending me for a conditional offer subject to the final result of at least 8.5/10 in my current degree programme.
Original post by virtsou
i sent an email yesterday in order to ask for the status of my application. today i received a reply that told me that they cant say the decision but they forward the email to program director in order to tell me the decision. 10 minutes later the program director told me that they will be recommending me for a conditional offer subject to the final result of at least 8.5/10 in my current degree programme.

congratulations!!!!!! i am going to send them an email too - im fed up of waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 162
When i phoned them They refuse to Give me an answer.send email to
This email address: [email protected]

I just ask if they can give me more informations about my application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 163
Thank you I will try too. I actually sent an email to that address 3 weeks ago and nobody replied back, will try again now.
Reply 164
I actually spoke to the course director last week regarding your collective situation. I didn't want to say anything because I'm not quite sure if I am suppose to say this, or not. Basically the course director is a seriously busy guy and has another reason to be busy at the moment but I can assure you is totally legitimate. Anyway, he said that the majority of offers went out a while ago. Those left now are to be allocated roughly 15 spots. At this point apparently it's very much a case of looking back over references and academics etc. but it is an extremely time consuming process.

Hopefully I haven't broken anyone's trust by giving you all these details, and I have purposefully been a bit vague. I just thought I'd give you all a quick heads up to let you know that you haven't all been forgotten!
Original post by Nspeech
I actually spoke to the course director last week regarding your collective situation. I didn't want to say anything because I'm not quite sure if I am suppose to say this, or not. Basically the course director is a seriously busy guy and has another reason to be busy at the moment but I can assure you is totally legitimate. Anyway, he said that the majority of offers went out a while ago. Those left now are to be allocated roughly 15 spots. At this point apparently it's very much a case of looking back over references and academics etc. but it is an extremely time consuming process.

Hopefully I haven't broken anyone's trust by giving you all these details, and I have purposefully been a bit vague. I just thought I'd give you all a quick heads up to let you know that you haven't all been forgotten!

thanks a lot for the info:smile: it was great of you to ask. i have very little hope though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 166
Original post by Nspeech

Thank you so much - 15 spots seem quite a lot considering the total number of places is around ~40/50 (?). I'm still optimist although a bit worried... fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone else in the same situation
Reply 167
Hi Nspeech,

Do you mind sharing your personal thoughts about the MPhil course? I know Hanshen says it's not really worth the money, that MPhil students are always overlooked compared to MBA students, and that recruiting isn't particularly great.

Would you say you agree with him?
I'm currently deciding between this program and programs (not-business related) at other universities.

Hope you can help. Thanks!

Original post by Nspeech
Hey guys, I'm on this course and just thought I'd chirp up to answer any questions you may have. A lot of you seem really stressed about offers at the moment but just relax! Wait until you hear back before losing all hope!

Happy to help if you have any queries.

Cheers.
Reply 168
If I do get in... all I can say is I'll definitely suggest they be a little more transparent in letting students know how their applications are going when I'm there (if).

Grumpy face. An email would be nice.. just to let us know we haven't been forgotten.
Reply 169
I still waiting For status update on camsis. How many days are needed in order to change the status from BoGS to offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 170
Original post by virtsou
I still waiting For status update on camsis. How many days are needed in order to change the status from BoGS to offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you in bogs now after the informal email?

I sent an email 2 days ago as well by the way, got a reply yesterday and was cc'd to the course administrator but I still haven't heard from her..

I would still find it weird to reject offers based on an informal offer of place if I got it though! Hopefully we'll all get our status updated very soon. It's already May, unbelievable. I remember in mid March I was like "within 2 weeks I'll probably know whether I'm in or not!"
Reply 171
Im so anxious about the language conditions. I missed 2 parts of ielts by 0,5 point (but i have the right overall score). Is it possible to participate in pre seasonal or in interview instead of resit? I hope so because i have my final exams and the local british council has available date only during my exams..

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by virtsou
Im so anxious about the language conditions. I missed 2 parts of ielts by 0,5 point (but i have the right overall score). Is it possible to participate in pre seasonal or in interview instead of resit? I hope so because i have my final exams and the local british council has available date only during my exams..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't worry, if you just narrowly missed it, you most likely have to to an online language assessment. This will determine whether the lang con will be waived. Otherwise you need to do pre-sessional courses or retake the IELTS. I think there's some info on the web about the possible outcomes.
Reply 173
Yes i saw The relevant chart. Fingers crossed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 174
Why has this thread gone quiet all of a sudden?
Reply 175
Original post by zingerbmt
Why has this thread gone quiet all of a sudden?

Because...Its the weekend?
Reply 176
And after the weekend is bank holiday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 177
Original post by IK237
Because...Its the weekend?

Wasn't everyone supposed to receive a final response by this friday?

Or are there still applications in a suspended state?
Reply 178
Yes. She told me that i would moved to BoGS 2 days ago on Friday but nothing. I phoned the graduate admissions and they told me "don't worry its really busy period". I suppose that there is a backlog

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 179
I don't think they've made all their decisions - they weren't able to tell me much via email even after my email was forwarded to both the course director and to some other people in the admissions team...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending