The Student Room Group

how be tipsy but not drunk?

Hi guys,

I have been wondering, lately, how can i become tipsy but not Drunk drunk...if you get what i mean. Every time, i go out for drink up's, i always end up becoming really drunk and doing stuff i don't even remember doing. Personally, i would like to start leaving drink up's at least tipsy-ish. I want to be able to have a lil alcohol and still remain kinda conscious and not end up doing stuff i will really regret. Any ideas? At my friends drink up's, we usually just have a a 1 litre bottle of vodka (or sometimes another 1 litre bottle) and prob a 1litre bottle of coke to share between 4 or 5 of us (Yeah, we're students haha) . And obviously, we play drinking games.

Thanks!!

Scroll to see replies

Well, a method which has a success rate of 100% is...

Drink less.
Reply 2
What do you drink? Just drink slower, give your body time and there's always that window where you're drunk and you know it, but you still have control - that's the stopping point.

Also eat food while drinking and have water often while drinking, both of these help a lot.
Reply 3
Try something other than vodka perhaps? Plenty of other drinks that might not have such a big effect on you?
Reply 4
Have 5-6 glasses of strawberry cider or something. Alternatively, pace yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Monotoko
What do you drink? Just drink slower, give your body time and there's always that window where you're drunk and you know it, but you still have control - that's the stopping point.

Also eat food while drinking and have water often while drinking, both of these help a lot.

We usually buy two (1 litre) bottles of vodka and a bottle of coke. Yeah, i guess. What do you think of trying to eat a full meal before drinking? Hmm, i think i may just carry a light snack or something with me in my pocket so i can always bring it out during drink ups. The thing is, when your in the zone and your playing drinking games,water is the last thing on your mind lol.
Reply 6
Original post by mcdermie
Try something other than vodka perhaps? Plenty of other drinks that might not have such a big effect on you?

The thing is, at my uni, everyone pretty much just buys a bottle of vodka as it does the trick easily and because we're all broke lol.
Reply 7
How do you not know your limit yet :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I'll tell you the answer if I ever figure it out myself. Not particularly sure I want to mind.

Full duck or no dinner for me.
I have the same problem. One time I was fine one minute then bam! I had fallen asleep in the toilet for 3 hours.
Know your limits, we usually share 1ltr bottle and 1 70cl bottle of JD between 3-4 of us and any more above that I risk sleeping in the toilet, otherwise im fine with that much.
Reply 11
Know your limit
Original post by rurounikenji
Hi guys,

I have been wondering, lately, how can i become tipsy but not Drunk drunk...if you get what i mean. Every time, i go out for drink up's, i always end up becoming really drunk and doing stuff i don't even remember doing. Personally, i would like to start leaving drink up's at least tipsy-ish. I want to be able to have a lil alcohol and still remain kinda conscious and not end up doing stuff i will really regret. Any ideas? At my friends drink up's, we usually just have a a 1 litre bottle of vodka (or sometimes another 1 litre bottle) and prob a 1litre bottle of coke to share between 4 or 5 of us (Yeah, we're students haha) . And obviously, we play drinking games.

Thanks!!

I find that if you eat a decent amount of food before hand that you can get nicely drunk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by rurounikenji
The thing is, at my uni, everyone pretty much just buys a bottle of vodka as it does the trick easily and because we're all broke lol.

Yeah I get that, cheap vodka is the best when you're on a budget aha but if you look for other spirits but maybe own brands (like tescos or asda smart price etc) rather than the big branded ones they're generally cheaper :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mcdermie
Yeah I get that, cheap vodka is the best when you're on a budget aha but if you look for other spirits but maybe own brands (like tescos or asda smart price etc) rather than the big branded ones they're generally cheaper :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahah, unfortunately my (really broke) friends like to splash out on the big names of vodka despite not actually having the money to be purchasing the big name ones lol.
Original post by CaptainChemistry
I find that if you eat a decent amount of food before hand that you can get nicely drunk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, i am hoping to eat a big meal before drinking, next time. Usually, i would just eat a light snack or so.
Definitely just, have a bottle of water with you. Pre-emptive strike is drinking the water before you get tipsy, it'll help even out your alcohol intake and will slow down the "getting drunk" rate lol.

Alternatively... drink less.
Reply 18
Can you seriously not work the answer to this question our yourself??
Once you start to feel the effects of alcohol stop drinking.

Also drink water between drinks and drink weaker stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending