The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wow, that Paul Scholes video. I can't think of a bad word to say about that man, a consummate professional, the greatest midfielder of his generation, one of the greatest of all time and a wonderful person. A role model for everybody getting into the game of professional football. Scholes and Cantona are my favourite two players of all time out of all the ones that I've ever witnessed play, two very different characters but two immortal footballers and personal heroes that made our game a brighter place.

He scores goals galore, he scores goals!! :biggrin:
Original post by Kenan and Kel
How can I forget to mention the pass from Giggs! Assist of the season. Have a good feeling about the FA Cup next season, but I'm pretty sure I've had this same feeling for the last few years.

That Scholes compilation :coma: Could have sworn we were going to win the league when he scored that header against City.

If I remember rightly that game against City was an early kick off and then Chelsea lost to Spurs at teatime and we closed the gap on them. Amazing moment, pity we didn't win it in the end but you cant win them all! Would've been five in a row if we had.
(edited 10 years ago)
****ing Chelsea, more obnoxious chants next year then.

Original post by MancBoy

Brace yourselves for Chelski fans claiming the europa cup is better than the title!

Nah it's not, so bitter guys :yy:

Original post by IanDangerously
I'm starting to wonder if its ever going to be our year in the FA Cup again!

Ok how about we swap our recent FA Cup dominance for your PL dominance? :tongue:
So, if you believe the papers, half the Everton team are coming.

Be interesting to see who we sign this Summer.

I'd love to have been in the secret meeting between Ferguson, Moyes and Giggs.
Original post by Multitalented me

Ok how about we swap our recent FA Cup dominance for your PL dominance? :tongue:

I'm happy for Chelsea, I truly am. Always great to see British teams earning European success (well maybe not Liverpool). Just some of the supporters.
Original post by Eboracum
So, if you believe the papers, half the Everton team are coming.

Be interesting to see who we sign this Summer.

I'd love to have been in the secret meeting between Ferguson, Moyes and Giggs.
We'll have Fellaini, you can take the rest :yy:
I'm happy for Chelsea, I truly am. Always great to see British teams earning European success (well maybe not Liverpool). Just some of the supporters.
Yeah some of our supporters are just idiotic really, but a lot of teams have their fair share of idiotic supporters :rolleyes: Just felt that you were just generalising a bit there. I think the main problem people have with us is the fact we have a rich owner lol.
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeah some of our supporters are just idiotic really, but a lot of teams have their fair share of idiotic supports. Just felt that you were just generalising a bit there. I think the main problem people have with us is the fact we have a rich owner lol.

Yes. Usually more happy for the players when it comes to Chelsea, like Lampard, and Drogba last season. Top guys.
(edited 10 years ago)
We'll have Fellaini, you can take the rest :yy:

Haha. Moyes gets first dibs. :tongue:
Original post by Tommyjw
Club awards under way, you can find a stream if you check twitter

My votes were

Fan player: RvP

Goal: RvP 2nd v Villa

U21: Januzaj

U18: Pearson

+ players player i reckon Carrick

Booya
[h="5"]Manchester United Player Awards 2013 Results

Academy Player of the Year: Ben Pearson
Reserves Player of the Year: Adnan Januzaj
Goal of the Season: Robin Van Persie vs Aston Villa
Players Player of the Year: Michael Carrick
Fans Player of the Year: Robin Van Persie

Well deserved winners there, congratulations to them all on their success in what has been a fantastic season here at the worlds greatest football club.[/h]
Original post by MancBoy
Just outside of town wbu?

Brace yourselves for Chelski fans claiming the europa cup is better than the title!

Itv commentary is so uo Chelsea's arse!

Some will. At least we outdone city for the second season in a row though.
Original post by MancBoy
Just outside of town wbu?

Itv commentary is so uo Chelsea's arse!

Same, just off cheetham hill.. pahaha! Well, Chelsea fans can keep dreaming. That is so true!
Reply 4273

Ask Arsenal if they'll swap their recent dominance in the Profit Cup the same question!
Original post by zKlown
Ask Arsenal if they'll swap their recent dominance in the Profit Cup the same question!

Doubt it, despite their being no rule preventing that kind of ownership & investment, they'd probably prefer how their club is run even without no trophies in 8 years.
Fergie's last game has been bumped from Sky Sports because they feel its more important to show Arsenal and Tottenham's games to see who qualifies for the Champions League. I disagree completely with their decision and I think it's going to cost them in the ratings, leaving the club that regularly attracts the most TV viewers off on a day when neutrals would certainly tune in to see the end of an era.
Fergie's last game has been bumped from Sky Sports because they feel its more important to show Arsenal and Tottenham's games to see who qualifies for the Champions League. I disagree completely with their decision and I think it's going to cost them in the ratings, leaving the club that regularly attracts the most TV viewers off on a day when neutrals would certainly tune in to see the end of an era.

Not really tbh, our game is meaningless (in terms of the season) and only sentimental to us United fans, whereas everybody wants to see the twists and turn of the final day and who will get CL football. I understand their decision, but yeah I agree with you that it's annoying for us united fans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wrong, I'd rather watch the race for CL football but that's just me
Original post by TheProdigy2k9
Wrong, I'd rather watch the race for CL football but that's just me

Yeah agree here plus it's not even a home game for united. Personally the battle for the top 4/relegation is more important. While SAF is a big loss for football(I'll miss that mother****er) the races for top 4 is more important in my opinion. Maybe could have done a multiview for the final match though.

how many years now??? 8 years and counting. OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH ROBIN VAN PERSIE.

Latest